Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The big Bowls ...

Rosé, Sugar, Orange, Fiesta , Cotton and the Natty are what you are playing for. That is the goal. That is what you strive for ....

The other Bowls or Bowels ... Vegas , Holiday, Sun , Fight Hunger etc are a consolation prize for teams who compiled at least a .500 record and gives you a chance to practice 15 more times and have a nice little gayme at an exotic locale such as El Paso. This is either a stepping stone or a chance to regroup. Work for the future...

But these Doogs think this is goal. Maybe in 2010 ... But for Christ sakes ... I want more.

I am embarrassed that our fan base is celebrating the Fight Hunger Bowel.

Fuck me

Comments

• Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,662 Founders Club
    edited December 2013

Rosé, Sugar, Orange, Fiesta , Cotton and the Natty are what you are playing for. That is the goal. That is what you strive for ....

The other Bowls or Bowels ... Vegas , Holiday, Sun , Fight Hunger etc are a consolation prize for teams who compiled at least a .500 record and gives you a chance to practice 15 more times and have a nice little gayme at an exotic locale such as El Paso. This is either a stepping stone or a chance to regroup. Work for the future...

But these Doogs think this is goal. Maybe in 2010 ... But for Christ sakes ... I want more.

I am embarrassed that our fan base is celebrating the Fight Hunger Bowel.

Fuck me

Yeah, agreed.

I was okay with the Holiday Bowl in 2010 considering we hadn't been to a bowl game in eight years. Now we're just treading water basically. It would be different if we were 7-2 and actually contending for something meaningful.
  • Haid_D_SalaamiHaid_D_Salaami Member Posts: 541
    Imo, part of the problem is that doogs think like NFL fans because Seattle isn't a real "college" town. And they equate the CFB post season with the NFL post season. If your pro team hasn't been to the playoffs in a decade and a new coach comes in and simply "makes" the playoffs 4 straight years..they're basically satisfied with that. "Why would we fire him? We've made the playoffs 4 straight years".

The other part of the problem is that a good share of UW fans are just fucking retards that need to dive into a dumpster fire and kill themselves.

• topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

Washington is the new Western Washington State.

Simple fact, case closed, end of program.

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    topdawgnc said:

It's an outrage that UW didn't fold the program and instead doubled down with the #StadiumDefault.

topdawgnc said:

It's an outrage that UW didn't fold the program and instead doubled down with the #StadiumDefault.

Met an academic big brain professor from Stanford at a medical convention back in October.

There is actually a contingency of people, internal and external to the University, who are pushing Stanford to lead the nation and to drop the football program.

They are using recent studies on brain damage as the catapult.

I bring this up because Western's President dropped the program for financial reasons, however, he had written papers on the barbaric nature of the sport when he was at a Wisconsin piss ant school.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

Met an academic big brain professor from Stanford at a medical convention back in October.

There is actually a contingency of people, internal and external to the University, who are pushing Stanford to lead the nation and to drop the football program.

They are using recent studies on brain damage as the catapult.

I bring this up because Western's President dropped the program for financial reasons, however, he had written papers on the barbaric nature of the sport when he was at a Wisconsin piss ant school.
    Condi and Ty won't ever let Stanford drop football.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,842 Founders Club
    The Western president had that coup planned for several years and struck basically in the middle of the night.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Stanford is abut to go back to middle to bottom of the league. They don't have the stomach for Harbaugh ball and 81% of their fans do to give a shirt. Notre Dame comes to town with Stanford in first place and the stadium has plenty of seats available.
  • Stanford is abut to go back to middle to bottom of the league. They don't have the stomach for Harbaugh ball and 81% of their fans do to give a shirt. Notre Dame comes to town with Stanford in first place and the stadium has plenty of seats available.

Ya but you can't offer fault a kid for picking Stanford.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Stanford has recruited quite well in recent years so don't expect an imminent falloff. I think they are in the early stages of a very slow decline. They peaked under Harbaugh. Last year was a blip….like our 2000 Rose Bowl.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

Stanford has recruited quite well in recent years so don't expect an imminent falloff. I think they are in the early stages of a very slow decline. They peaked under Harbaugh. Last year was a blip….like our 2000 Rose Bowl.

Coaching matters

The Western president had that coup planned for several years and struck basically in the middle of the night.

He cut the program in his first full year.

But yes ... it was a Pearl Harbor job.
  • I agree with the sentiment on here. I never gave a shit when we'd go to the Sun Bowl, Holiday Bowl or some Hawaii bowl under Lambo so I don't give a shit now.

I cared in 2010 because it had been forever but even 2011 the Alamo Bowl I didn't really care. I didn't watch one second of last years game.

I don't care for BYU but I have a feeling UW will be blown out as they are playing with the new House Money of 8 wins.

Sark knows he can't win either, if he wins 9 games he might raise expectations next year. So he is better off losing since he'll have his extension anyways.