Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The team next year will be no better than this year

dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
Sankey is gone (not worth taking more of a beating, his stock won't get any higher)
ASJ is gone (why play in this system again and have your stock fall even more)
Price is gone
replacing 3/4 of our secondary
Who cares if our oline is full of seniors they all suck except for Charles
It's possible Wilcox is gone too and with him will a go lot of the staff
Sark is still coaching
We'll get no better but the record will improve cause of the shitty schedule. We go 9-4 lose the bowl and doogs will talk about how it's progress

Comments

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    It will be an average to slightly above average team because of Sark. If we had a coach we could count on, I actually think next years team has a lot to be excited about.
  • DeLarryDeLarry Member Posts: 230
    The four cosmetic wins from the weak OOC will equal 9 or 10 wins and a statue for Sark. The team will be the same or maybe worse.
  • chrisvashonchrisvashon Member Posts: 627
    Wilcox isn't going anywhere
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    also, another reason is we aren't going to be this healthy again. Only having 1 or 2 injuries throughout the season, one being for significant time. It isn't happening again.
    We lost Charles for a couple games, Price for 1, Shamburger for I don't even know how long cause I didn't really care, and Kasen for a few.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    If we are as good this season in 14 then the easier schedule will translate to potentially 10-3 in the regular season. We could actually regress but win one or two more games.

Both the O & D took steps forward if you look at the stats and especially yards per play. The D gave up about 1 less ppg overall. In conference the D gave up 14% more points but faced 15% more plays.
    Everyone but Parker returns on D and the last recruiting class on D was strong so there will be improved depth across the board. The secondary will need to develop but Peters is a potential All-American.

Coons was awesome this year and we'll see if his loss costs us 1 game. Ross is looking good on kick returns so I bet that aspect will be better.

Offense is the X factor. Likely no Sankey but Washington will be a decent replacement and maybe having a QB who can run also mitigates the loss of Sankey. The OL actually had a decent season. You don't put up that many yards and yards per play with a terrible OL. ASJ & Kasen weren't big factors. Stringfellow will replace Smith.

Schedule is really favorable. @ UO, @UA & UCLA are toughest games. ASU loses a ton of starters and won't be as good. Stanford loses some guys but will be a tough game even at home. They've recruited well. Col, Cal, OSU are 3 wins. If we are as good at home as we've been the past three seasons then Stan & ASU are wins. Should be at least 9-3 going into the Apple Cup but 8-4 wouldn't surprise me. A good coach would take this team and be 10-2 heading to Pullman in first or tied for first in the P12 North.
  • This team is going 5-4 next year in conference play.

Cook it!
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326

If we are as good this season in 14 then the easier schedule will translate to potentially 10-3 in the regular season. We could actually regress but win one or two more games.

Both the O & D took steps forward if you look at the stats and especially yards per play. The D gave up about 1 less ppg overall. In conference the D gave up 14% more points but faced 15% more plays.
    Everyone but Parker returns on D and the last recruiting class on D was strong so there will be improved depth across the board. The secondary will need to develop but Peters is a potential All-American.

Coons was awesome this year and we'll see if his loss costs us 1 game. Ross is looking good on kick returns so I bet that aspect will be better.

Offense is the X factor. Likely no Sankey but Washington will be a decent replacement and maybe having a QB who can run also mitigates the loss of Sankey. The OL actually had a decent season. You don't put up that many yards and yards per play with a terrible OL. ASJ & Kasen weren't big factors. Stringfellow will replace Smith.

Schedule is really favorable. @ UO, @UA & UCLA are toughest games. ASU loses a ton of starters and won't be as good. Stanford loses some guys but will be a tough game even at home. They've recruited well. Col, Cal, OSU are 3 wins. If we are as good at home as we've been the past three seasons then Stan & ASU are wins. Should be at least 9-3 going into the Apple Cup but 8-4 wouldn't surprise me. A good coach would take this team and be 10-2 heading to Pullman in first or tied for first in the P12 North.

I disagree. The oline was bad. We were able to mitigate it against the bad teams but when the oline was a big reason why we couldn't score against Oregon, ASU, to a certain degree UCLA, and even WSU
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    dhdawg said:

I disagree. The oline was bad. We were able to mitigate it against the bad teams but when the oline was a big reason why we couldn't score against Oregon, ASU, to a certain degree UCLA, and even WSU
    Outgained Stanford & UCLA. The OL was adequate enough for a 9-3 record and really only prevented UW from beating UO & ASU.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

dhdawg said:

Outgained Stanford & UCLA. The OL was adequate enough for a 9-3 record and really only Sark prevented UW from beating UO & ASU.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,159
    Here's who we have to replace and how I see the possible replacements (better, worse, or even compared to this year)

QB- Miles or Williams (?, Price was so up and down it's impossible to predict)
    RB - Washington (worse)
    TE - Perkins or Ajamu (worse)
    Smith - Stringfellow (even, but more upside on String

Shamburger - King, Walker,Beaver, etc. (better)
    Parker-King, Walker, Beaver, etc. (worse)
    Ducre - Kelly, Wallace (even, more upside on Kelly)
    Fuimaona - Feeney (even, more upside on Feeney)

Coons - Who the hell knows (worse)

Sark better hope for some surprises from some of the young guys coming in. Other than Ducre, Fui, and Shamburger those are some damn big shoes to fill and in all positions except QB, CB Jermaine Kelly, and Stingfellow, the likely replacements are guys who were not highly recruited out of high school
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,727
    No Shamburger or ducre
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Why does Wilcox hate his own career?

He needs to get the fuck out of UW and take a HC job somewhere while he still can.

dhdawg said:

Outgained Stanford & UCLA. The OL was adequate enough for a 9-3 record and really only prevented UW from beating UO & ASU.
    Never led against Stanford and UCLA. Outgaining them was a mirage.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

He needs to get the fuck out of UW and take a HC job somewhere while he still can.
    The Wilcox for head coach boner is FS. They guy is average. I guess maybe an FCS school would be a place to see if he can coach at all, but he has proven nothing to land an FBS beach coaching job.

The Wilcox for head coach boner is FS. They guy is average. I guess maybe an FCS school would be a place to see if he can coach at all, but he has proven nothing to land an FBS beach coaching job.
    I wouldn't hire him to coach a BCS team, but he's done enough to get the HC job at Nevada or Wyoming.

The longer he stays at UW, the worse his HC prospects get.
  • mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    He won't get hired as HC but the problem is he's getting big bucks as Poolboy tries to prop up Fat Sark.

However, he's not learning or progressing under the rotund one.

So you're right, he's losing ground career wise.

• MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    Yardage board versus Scoreboard.

The advanced metrics boys love to point to the YPG stat as an indication of team improvement or success for the new offense. A comment regarding this should be added to the Doog handbook appendix after this year.
    MisterEm said:

Yardage board versus Scoreboard.

The advanced metrics boys love to point to the YPG stat as an indication of team improvement or success for the new offense. A comment regarding this should be added to the Doog handbook appendix after this year.

The yardage board is wildly overrated.

Scoring margin (with diminishing returns) is where it's at.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

I wouldn't hire him to coach a BCS team, but he's done enough to get the HC job at Nevada or Wyoming.

The longer he stays at UW, the worse his HC prospects get.
    Good enough for Nevada based on what?