Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Commissioner Yella Piss National College Football League

2»

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,971 Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Programs that I’d remove:

Colorado
    West Virginia
    Georgia Tech

Programs that I’d include:

Iowa
    TCU
    Okie Lite or Miss St

I like the @Doogles addendum of last place team in each conference gets bumped out. 1st place in D2 gets moved in. So it’s never entirely static. Recency bias does favor Okie St and TCU. Iowa has won Big 10 titles in our life time.
    Colorado is just blah to me ... just not sure that they have a path to being an elite program in the future.

West Virginia is just flat out poor ... they don't really have the revenues to compete at the highest levels and they are going to lose a lot of recruiting battles around them to Ohio State, Penn State, etc.

Georgia Tech is kind of in no mans land to me ... they are essentially a better version of like Wazzu from the standpoint of being a decent 2nd program in a georgraphic area but they aren't close to their big brothers.

To your point, Iowa has a history of success that is generally sustained decades to decades. TCU is the 3rd school in the Big 12 and at this point the success of 20 years now suggests that it's not going to fall off. In fact, the resources there suggest that they will compete plus location. The last one is really a tough one because Okie Lite = T Boone's $$$, StarkVegas is advancing itself a bit but still is probably a step behind other places, and there seems to be something missing in the Northeast whether it's West Virginia, Pitt, Syracuse, or BC it feels like something in that region probably should have representation.
    Colorado could very well be done as a big time football school. But then again so were we.

More to the main point here, once you get past the top 20 or so programs in terms of Money, Tradition and Location it starts to get real murky between 21 and 40.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,545 Founders Club
    It's sad to see how far @BuffBuffPass has fallen
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,664 Standard Supporter

Western Conference

Washington
    Oregon
    Stanford
    UCLA
    USC
    Arizona St
    Texas
    Oklahoma

Midwest Conference

Ohio St
    Notre Dame
    Michigan
    Michigan State
    Wisconsin
    Nebraska
    Pedo State
    Colorado

Southern Conference

Alabama
    Auburn
    LSU
    Tenn
    Georgia
    Texas A&M
    Arkansas
    Ol Miss

Atlantic Conference

Miamuh
    FSU
    Florida
    Clempson
    VA Tech
    South Carolina
    West Virginia
    Georgia Tech

- 11 game regular season
    - Play all 7 teams in your conference each year plus 4 from the others (2 home, 2 away)
    - 8 team play off; 1- 4 seeds for conference winners; 5- 8 wild cards based on overall record

If your team isn’t listed, Eat My Fucking Ass.

Must be a slow day to begin with - the big 5 plus ND is 65 teams that you randomly chop to 32 teams - 8 play off teams so just add two more 8 team leagues. We get to lose to Cal that way keeping @Doog_de_Jour happy and also keep the relegation crap but increase to bottom two from each league - 12 down and 12 up each year. and NOGAF
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,971 Founders Club
    LebamDawg said:

Western Conference

Washington
    Oregon
    Stanford
    UCLA
    USC
    Arizona St
    Texas
    Oklahoma

Midwest Conference

Ohio St
    Notre Dame
    Michigan
    Michigan State
    Wisconsin
    Nebraska
    Pedo State
    Colorado

Southern Conference

Alabama
    Auburn
    LSU
    Tenn
    Georgia
    Texas A&M
    Arkansas
    Ol Miss

Atlantic Conference

Miamuh
    FSU
    Florida
    Clempson
    VA Tech
    South Carolina
    West Virginia
    Georgia Tech

- 11 game regular season
    - Play all 7 teams in your conference each year plus 4 from the others (2 home, 2 away)
    - 8 team play off; 1- 4 seeds for conference winners; 5- 8 wild cards based on overall record

Must be a slow day to begin with - the big 5 plus ND is 65 teams that you randomly chop to 32 teams - 8 play off teams so just add two more 8 team leagues. We get to lose to Cal that way keeping @Doog_de_Jour happy and also keep the relegation crap but increase to bottom two from each league - 12 down and 12 up each year. and NOGAF
    #offseasonisbestseason
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852
    Eat shit and die yella! I like the south just as it is
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839

LebamDawg said:

Western Conference

Washington
    Oregon
    Stanford
    UCLA
    USC
    Arizona St
    Texas
    Oklahoma

Midwest Conference

Ohio St
    Notre Dame
    Michigan
    Michigan State
    Wisconsin
    Nebraska
    Pedo State
    Colorado

Southern Conference

Alabama
    Auburn
    LSU
    Tenn
    Georgia
    Texas A&M
    Arkansas
    Ol Miss

Atlantic Conference

Miamuh
    FSU
    Florida
    Clempson
    VA Tech
    South Carolina
    West Virginia
    Georgia Tech

- 11 game regular season

#offseasonisbestseason
    I fucking hate the offseason.

Fuck CBB, fuck the NBA, Fuck the WNBA hard, Fuck baseball, and hockey is cool I guess during the playoffs.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844
    Arizona St eh?

• BuffBuffPassBuffBuffPass Member Posts: 322
    Doogles said:

It's sad to see how far @BuffBuffPass has fallen

LOL as if anyone cares about the opinion of some big TCU fan.