Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Your solution to fix the College Football Playoff (Pic Thread)

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,044
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam

Comments

• Options
    minion_doogminion_doog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,044
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

No, this take us in the wrong direction. The CFP is worse than the BCS. 8 teams is worse than 4. I never want to play Bama again unless it’s a home and home in Sept.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We could have the conference champions meet in a bowl game then take the top two and play it off a week later

The Pac 12 could play the B1G in say, the ROSE BOWL

The Big almost 12 and the ACC could play in the Orange Bowl

The SEC and Notre Dame could play in the Sugar Bowl
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,576
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Abolish the conferences and hold a 128 team tournament every year.
  • Options
    RubberfistRubberfist Member Posts: 1,373
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    The ONLY solution is a 64 team playoff with two play in games.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    I'd also like to see about half the bowls disappear. They're stupid. I'd like to get back to a time when you could say, "hey, fuck you. we played 8 bowl teams last year" and have that mean something of an indication that you played good teams.

Forgot the one-tie Cotton in the above list.

Limit bowls to Rose, Orange, Sugar, Cotton, Fiesta, Peach, Holiday, Sun, and maybe one more. I know it's new and that Miami just "played" in it (if that's what you can call it), but the Pinstripe (stupid name) bowl is interesting in that it involves the Big Apple in bowl season. Cool place to go, and they actually make Yankee stadium work well for the game.

But all these other shit bowls should just go away.

But they won't.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,576
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

The ONLY solution is a 64 team playoff with two play in games.

I have 128. Everyone gets a shot. Plus it has round robin. Do you have round robin? I thought not.
  • Options
    BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I like it except I think the 5 P5 champs should get spots 1-5, and then 3 at large get spots 6-8. There should be some reward to winning your conference championship game, which should be one of the spots at 5 or higher.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    If you are a fan of college football then an 8 team playoff is clearly the best solution. Every conference plays an 8 game conference schedule and the regular season is dialed back to 11 games. This allows you three out of conference games
    with absolutely no pressure to win or lose because they would have somewhat limited input into whether you make the 8 team playoff. Imagine the UW actually getting back to an A-B-C schedule where we as fans wouldn't have to watch North Dakota or Eastern Washington. Our schedule could be Michigan, OK State and Minnesota. Go 0 and 3 and it doesn't matter because you can still make the playoff by winning your conference. Screw this bullshit regular season patsy scheduling that you have to do now to improve your chances of being selected to a final four.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088

The problem is that our sport is being ruined my mouth breathing, booger eating, NFL losers. The old Bowl system was fine. All that needed to happen was the AP #1 and AP #2 (or by some selection committee) play 2 weeks later in the @Dennis_DeYoung Cherry Bowl. When we gave up the Rose Bowl we ceded a huge amount of power and prestige to the SEC. Before the BCS the Rose paid out double that of the Orange or Sugar.

Don't agree. Winning matters. Full stop. Win and you're in. We don't need to keep trying to overcome long standing biases from old men in conference rooms. Win and there's no discussion. You can always get blown out in the final eight but at least you earned the right to be there. This ain't hard. Settle it on the field.
  • Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Either go back to the old traditional bowls or have real playoffs. The problem is that hybrid structures are unsatisfying. The bowls as they stand now are virtually all semi-interesting but usually not worthwhile non conference games. A real playoff would be much, much more fun, but less money probably.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper

We're either going to get a playoff with enough teams so it won't matter getting rid of the bowl games

But then the champ and runner up will play 4-6 games to win it

So the non play off teams play an 8 game schedule and like it?

It's fucked up. Let college ball be college ball and watch your 9-7 team lose in the wild card and fuck off

Almost. Leach''s plan is to play 10 games then seed 64. Those who don't get in get 2 more games vs other dreck. The remainder playoff with the higher seed hosting to ensure big crowds.