Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

New Year's Eve SPD shooting...

BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
SPD chases dude with gun. Caps him in the head while he's on his hands and knees, surrounded by 5+ cops and apparently giving up reaching for his gun.

Looks like an accidental discharge to me. Single shot to the back of the head, is not typical use of police force. Thoughts?

Body cam video, best footage starts at 2:54.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YehclkEttI

This dude was obviously a shit-heel, drug dealer with a criminal history so not a huge loss to society. But it looks like SPD fucked up and the cop and city will be paying for this one.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Damn, hadn't heard about this one. Accidental discharge seems likely. Cop yelling "You're going to get fucking shot" will be used against them.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I hate abusive shitheel cops, but he did warn him about 10 times to drop the gun or was going to shoot him. Problem is in the videos I can't see what the idiot was doing with his gun...was he trying to pull it, or drop it, or what? I can't tell.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Swaye said:

I hate abusive shitheel cops, but he did warn him about 10 times to drop the gun or was going to shoot him. Problem is in the videos I can't see what the idiot was doing with his gun...was he trying to pull it, or drop it, or what? I can't tell.

So, you weren't there, Man?
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Swaye said:

Did you watch the segment starting at 2:54?

To me it looks like he had in his hand, lost it, says "I'm not reaching" and a split second later, POP.

edit: I'm not saying he's an abusive shitheel cop, so don't twist. I'm thinking he's fucked because of poor trigger discipline...
  • Options

Damn, hadn't heard about this one. Accidental discharge seems likely. Cop yelling "You're going to get fucking shot" will be used against them.

Also, a single shot to the back of the head...seems like I've heard the training is to hit center mass.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

To me it looks like he had in his hand, lost it, says "I'm not reaching" and a split second later, POP.
    I still can't tell conclusively. Fucker probably deserved it for being that stupid, but you are right, SPD is gonna pay.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    He said, Sorry. jeesh
  • Options
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

I still can't tell conclusively. Fucker probably deserved it for being that stupid, but you are right, SPD is gonna pay.
    Yup, nothing definitive in the videos and my conclusions are probably because I'm a SJW Beav from a Michigan dam.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,301
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If illegals weren't shooting cops things could calm down around here
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    Standard Supporter
    If it was a white guy this will remain to be nothing but a local crime story. Nothing to see here.
  • Options

Fake news. White people don’t get shot by the cops. They only shoot the blacks.

No one cares. Next.

Are Pacific Islanders white? Axing for a fren.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    Standard Supporter

No one cares. Next.

Depends. If they shoot a black person. They will be counted as white or at least a "white" Pacific Islander.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If you watch these new cop camera shows like the one on A&E, people do a lot of stupid things while in contact with the police. Booze being a major factor

The cops don't always look so good either.

Not a lot of conflict resolution - usually things get amped up.

But if a perp has a gun and starts fucking around he's getting shot.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

No one cares. Next.

Depends. If they shoot a black person. They will be counted as white or at least a "white" Pacific Islander.
    WJW
  • Options
    edited January 2019

If you watch these new cop camera shows like the one on A&E, people do a lot of stupid things while in contact with the police. Booze being a major factor

You like to call them them perps, it's what you like to do.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

You like to call them them perps, it's what you like to do.
    Alleged
  • Options

No one cares. Next.

Duh.

My years of training at the DDY Genetics Academy have taught me everyone is white unless they have two black dads.
    DDY?

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

No one cares. Next.

Duh.

My years of training at the DDY Genetics Academy have taught me everyone is white unless they have two black dads.
    DDY?

He has a new website

Under construction

With prevailing wage