Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Early 2019 defensive seating chart

Comments

• chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,944 Swaye's Wigwam
    I think Irvin or Gordon will start at one of the safety spots. Bryant at nickle (or MIK backer) and Taylor at one corner are locked in. My guess is Hampton at the other corner, Molden as Bryant's backup, Gordon or Irvin as one backup outside,and one of them at safety.

A lot of ifs again, but I think the defense will end next season better than this one. It's younger but with way more talent at most positions if you consider the incoming class. A few of them are going to be key players.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    It’s tough to predict the DB’s without knowing where some will be playing. A couple of the CB’s are moving to safety.

Get the best players on the field. I would hope McKinney has to earn a job after his awful showing against Ohio State.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163
    Bryant is going to be a defensive captain next year and a first team all conference corner. I know we like to beat off over prototypical bodies, but how have you not come to terms with the fact that he’s the starter at nickel and it’s not even close?

Anyways, the rest of your depth chart is close to spot on.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797

Bryant is going to be a defensive captain next year and a first team all conference corner. I know we like to beat off over prototypical bodies, but how have you not come to terms with the fact that he’s the starter at nickel and it’s not even close?

Look, I'm not trashing Myles Bryant at all. I think he's a good player and have said so on these boreds many times. He will definitely be in the rotation. But his size continues to get exposed at times, and there are very talented youngsters coming up behind him on the depth chart. I also recall him getting benched at Berkeley, and Molden playing *very* well in his place.
  • ZoneUWZoneUW Member Posts: 794
    Myles Bryant is gonna go to the NFL
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,486 Standard Supporter

TTJ said:

Look, I'm not trashing Myles Bryant at all. I think he's a good player and have said so on these boreds many times. He will definitely be in the rotation. But his size continues to get exposed at times, and there are very talented youngsters coming up behind him on the depth chart. I also recall him getting benched at Berkeley, and Molden playing *very* well in his place.
    I remember Harry and Arcega Whiteside Frisbee abusing him in 2017. But I can’t recall a single instance of him being exposed this year due to his size. I also don’t recall him getting benched at Cal. If he did, I’m guessing it was because he was banged up, Cal didn’t do shit offensively in that game.
    He got juked out of his tiny shoes against WSU on a play that should have been a short gainer.

• BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735

TTJ said:

I remember Harry and Arcega Whiteside Frisbee abusing him in 2017. But I can’t recall a single instance of him being exposed this year due to his size. I also don’t recall him getting benched at Cal. If he did, I’m guessing it was because he was banged up, Cal didn’t do shit offensively in that game.
    He got juked out of his tiny shoes against WSU on a play that should have been a short gainer.

Yup, that one play out of hundreds he played this season confirms he sucks. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,486 Standard Supporter

TTJ said:

Yup, that one play out of hundreds he played this season confirms he sucks. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.
    De nada
  • WoofWoof Member Posts: 769
    Has there been any info on what positions Irvin, Gordon, and Hampton have been practicing at this year? I don't remember seeing anything, and given the variety of responses, it feels like everyone is guessing based on HS projections for those three guys.

One thing in the past week that I think has been overlooked is how bad the loss of Joyner fucked us. He would have likely been playing over McKinney in Rapp's absence, and would surely be a starter at FS next year. He was a hell of a hitter and always seemed to give great effort. I was looking forward to him starting for us.
  • GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855

TTJ said:

Boobie Williams aint no slouch though. He got jukes.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,944 Swaye's Wigwam
    Woof said:

Has there been any info on what positions Irvin, Gordon, and Hampton have been practicing at this year? I don't remember seeing anything, and given the variety of responses, it feels like everyone is guessing based on HS projections for those three guys.

One thing in the past week that I think has been overlooked is how bad the loss of Joyner fucked us. He would have likely been playing over McKinney in Rapp's absence, and would surely be a starter at FS next year. He was a hell of a hitter and always seemed to give great effort. I was looking forward to him starting for us.

I got the idea that Gordon was getting looks at safety and Irvin at CB somewhere along the way. That could just be from one or two drills or sessions that someone happened to see and post about. I don't really remember. Hampton is definitely an outside corner.

We're thin at safety. Irvin and Gordon are rare athletes and safety is thin and lacking guys like that with Rapp selling the couch
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

Woof said:

Only thing we know is that Dom was the first guy to get reps at Corner in garbage time
    god that kid is going to go in the first round in 2021 draft
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

You guys have been predicting someone to start over Myles Bryant for two years. If he returns, he starts.

he returning