Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Early 2019 defensive seating chart

TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797
NT LETULIGASENOA Taimani Bandes
DT ONWUZURIKE Tuitele Bronson
BUCK POTOA'E Bowman Tupuola-Fetui
SAM TRYON Ngata Rice
MIK SIRMON Beavers (Heimuli?)
WIL WELLINGTON Tafisi Calvert
SS McKINNEY Gilchrist
FS MOLDEN Williams
NICKEL IRVIN Bryant
CB TAYLOR McDuffie
CB GORDON Hampton

Lots of youth. Thin depth in places. But blue-chip talent all over the field. Especially in light of the soft schedule, I think the D has a chance to be decent in 2019. #awfullycoldforapril

Comments

• HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    Looks pretty good.

Do you have Molden and Irvin flipped?
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,507 Swaye's Wigwam
    The defense will continue to be great. The coaching is excellent and the recruting gets better and better.

The offense has a lot of returning experience and the newbys should be better outside of Gaskin and McGary.

If Salvon runs with more toughness, the line gets better, and the scheme/playcalling improve...look out, the sky is the limit.
  • BreadBread Member Posts: 4,011
    Bryant is the best two players on the team. No way he is a backup. Did you not see him trying to powerbomb weber?
  • ZoneUWZoneUW Member Posts: 794
    If myles bryant doesn't leave he starts, I don't get why molden is playing safety, I'd rather see Irvin there. Mckinney looks like he sucks so I hope someone beats him out there... yeah safety terrifies me but IN LAKE I TRUST
    Bread said:

And I'm taking ulofoshio to get plenty of snaps on D.

Dunno if this is a joke post but you are right either way FUCK
    Where do you see Ale Kaho factoring in? I jest...
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    ZoneUW said:

Where do you see Ale Kaho factoring in? I jest...

Alebama
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    Agree with most of it but I have Hampton as a starter at CB. I got Gordon and Molden competing for the Free Safety job with the loser rotating in as the #2 Free Safety and #2 Nickel. I would like to see Irvin at Strong Safety providing some competition against McKinney who certainly didn't perform well enough in the Rose Bowl to just be handed the starting job.

There's no fucking way Benning is a starter next season. I don't care if he occasionally flashes against the run. Dude cannot rush the QB. He can't even convert speed to power as a bull rush guy. Tryon will be a starter for sure so I agree there. Benning will need to hold off Zion, Laiatu, and Ngata and I don't think he will. A move to 3-tech would be better for him.

Yup, I've got Wellington as one of the starting inside backers for sure. He's pretty good and will bring a veteran presence in the middle of a very young defense. Beavers is solid too but can't play a single game without getting injured. I agree, they should not rely on him as a starter next season. He'll be a quality depth guy to rotate in though. I'm fine being a doog who loves try hard walk-ons so I think Edefuan Ulofoshio is going to challenge Sirmon for the other starting job next to Wellington. He's the new walk on sleeper people are excited about except this time it's a try hard black kid who actually looks pretty talented.

However the competition works out at inside backer I have no problem saying the new starting tandem will be better than BBK and Bartlett. I'm not worried about that position group at all. There's some good talent and football instincts there to work with. People think we're thin there and yet we'll probably be deeper than we've ever been at ILB under Petersen. Throw in Calvert and likely Heimuli who can both play right away if need be and we're stacked with good to great talent at ILB.

I like Tuitele at 3-tech ahead of Bronson because he's a bigger body but at the same time there's likely a big strength difference between the two with the edge going to Bronson. You also have Mosiah Nasili-Liu at 3-tech who is also a strong ass dude and very athletic. Wouldn't be surprised to see Tuitele redshirt.

• NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,423
    AGREE on basically everything, except I think Hampton will probably start over Gordon. Would LOVE to see my dude Irvin at nickel which I think would be his best position, but I think Bryant starts if he comes back to school.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    edited January 2019
    Swaye said:

TTJ said:

Looks pretty good.

Do you have Molden and Irvin flipped?

Maybe, but I like them better this way. You know, in case Jimmy asks my opinion.
    This post is criminally underchinned. I am starting to think we have a lot of retards around here.
    Haha if you just statered thinking a lot of us are retards, join the party u one of us