Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

If Eason started at QB, would the result have been any different?

Miley_CyrusMiley_Cyrus Member Posts: 808
edited January 2019 in Hardcore Husky Board
Or is this mostly/all on Pete and his offense, regardless of who is playing QB?

Obviously, control for other variables like prep time, etc.

Comments

• GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    I really think Browning could put some more velocity on his throws if he fixed his pelvic tilt. If you look at pictures he has a big sway in his lower back. Pictures of Eason show a beautiful vertical alignment. I know Browning is gone and you guys are real happy about that but I would really like to see that try hard succeed. I have heard he has a commitment to being good at football and sometimes edging out that tiny margin at the more competitive levels is an inward journey.
  • DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    He would have completed that pass to Fuller at the end of the first half.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    DawgFader said:

He whiffed on that slant.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    edited January 2019
    How many passes did Ohio State bat down because Browning couldn't get the ball there on time?

No one knows if Eason can throw accurate consistently (his freshman year wasn't promising), but I'm damn sure when he did throw accurately he would have gotten the ball there before the defense got there.

That and he could have actually thrown the ball down the field.

I'm cautiously optimistic.
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,600
    Which is why I was furious with that series. Run the goddamn ball with Gaskin draw on 2nd down and see if you can catch them in a Cover 4 with LBs bailing early...improve your field position while making OSU burn a time out or if they don't, you're much closer to getting to the half.

If you get a first down, THEN the risk is lower for starting to pass the ball.
    MisterEm said:

DawgFader said:

He whiffed on that slant.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186

Brownings arm strength isnt even the bad part. It's that he doesn't anticipate, throws too late, then attempts to rifle it in there but can't.

I fucking love him.

Bitch

fork's so fucking right, you know
  • BlayenBlayen Member Posts: 106
    Seems to me that the defensive approach of the opposition is sufficient testimony as to the skills of Browning. They scheme for Gaskin, not Jake.
  • RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,677 Founders Club
    Domicillo said:

Short answer yes it’d be different because we could actually have challenged OSU defense in the passing game. Long answer has a lot more to do with coaches ability to nueter the talent with scheme and playing to win more instead of being so passive trying not to lose the game.

Can Eason run or is he a pure pocket passer?
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,486 Standard Supporter

Domicillo said:

Short answer yes it’d be different because we could actually have challenged OSU defense in the passing game. Long answer has a lot more to do with coaches ability to nueter the talent with scheme and playing to win more instead of being so passive trying not to lose the game.

Can Eason run or is he a pure pocket passer?
    Pocket.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,112

Brownings arm strength isnt even the bad part. It's that he doesn't anticipate, throws too late, then attempts to rifle it in there but can't.

I fucking love him.

This x1000. While the focus is always on Browning's lack of arm strength, his real issue this year has been that he doesn't see the field, doesn't time his throws, and is inaccurate. You can be a halfway decent qb with a bad arm if you have skills un these areas.