Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Good for him...

He can still change his mind I think as long as he doesn't sign with an agent. It might be wise for him to hold up on that. The bowl game showed he has some skills still to develop, because the NFL is a tough place for body catchers.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    He was never going to replicate the numbers he put up this season next season. This is his best shot. Glad to see him go. Herbert will greatly miss him.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,037
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited January 2019
    Strike de hammer while iron is lukewarm.
  • Options
    ZoneUWZoneUW Member Posts: 794
    5 Fuck Offs First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Only oregon receiver worth a damn
  • Options
    ZoneUWZoneUW Member Posts: 794
    5 Fuck Offs First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Honestly he's really good, you'll miss him which I'm excited about
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited January 2019
    I get the kid wants to make his money. But how much does a 5th round pick actually make?

Yeah, he won't be the only target next year, but if he starts catching with his hands and drops fewer balls, I don't see how that doesn't help his draft profile. There might be a few GM's that look primarily at stats, but most NFL teams are pretty astute when it comes to understanding a player's skill set. Dillon's size and speed has him as a possession receiver in the NFL. How can you be a good possession receiver if you drop 30% of the passes thrown your way? If you're 6'4" and have 4.4 speed, you can drop a shit ton of passes and still get paid. Not when you're 6'1" and closer to 4.55 speed.
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

I get the kid wants to make his money. But how much does a 5th round pick actually make?

Yeah, he won't be the only target next year, but if he starts catching with his hands and drops fewer balls, I don't see how that doesn't help his draft profile. There might be a few GM's that look primarily at stats, but most NFL teams are pretty astute when it comes to understanding a player's skill set. Dillon's size and speed has him as a possession receiver in the NFL. How can you be a good possession receiver if you drop 30% of the passes thrown your way? If you're 6'4" and have 4.4 speed, you can drop a shit ton of passes and still get paid. Not when you're 6'1" and closer to 4.55 speed.

Fifth round pick is probably $200,000 to $300,000 worth of guaranteed money. If he makes a roster for a year, add another $600,000 to $700,000 to it. Not world beater money. But for a 21-year-old kid, it's more money than he's ever had plus he doesn't have to have to play school and can devote his every waking hour to football.

And I think yore underestimating what Mitchell's skill set is. In the Warshington game this third and six...

doesn't happen without this one...

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,740
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    ZoneUW said:

Only oregon receiver worth a damn

If someone doesn't emerge, along with a TE that Herbert trusts, his season will look a lot like this season, only worse.

If Schooler is on the field, you'll know.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,740
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    flatus said:

Somebody on educk posted that with Mitchell, Oregon would be at the level of the 91 huskies next year.

I saw that. How does keeping Mitchell make our O line and defense anything close to the 91 Huskies? Such a bizarre, nonsensical comparison.

Clearly, with Mitchell, Oregon would be on par with the 2000-01 Miami Hurricanes, duh!
    That's funny. But I agree, just like the 2000 - 01 Hurricanes, less about 30 pro bowls and 2 or 3 HOFamers. But I get where you're going.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited January 2019

Fifth round pick is probably $200,000 to $300,000 worth of guaranteed money. If he makes a roster for a year, add another $600,000 to $700,000 to it. Not world beater money. But for a 21-year-old kid, it's more money than he's ever had plus he doesn't have to have to play school and can devote his every waking hour to football.

And I think yore underestimating what Mitchell's skill set is. In the Warshington game this third and six...

He needed a pick to get open on that play but he is a good player with NFL talent. Glad he's gone. Oregon's WR corps is trash without him. Hope Dye is next.
  • Options
    flatusflatus Member Posts: 874
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Standard Supporter

He needed a pick to get open on that play but he is a good player with NFL talent. Glad he's gone. Oregon's WR corps is trash without him. Hope Dye is next.
    "your" an idiot but yes, our WR corps is "trash" without him or perhaps "the worst WR corps of my lifetime"* even with him, considering he had a 35-yd pass hit him in the forehead and another, after laying out in textbook fashion, bouncing off his hands, off his chest, back off his hands, back off his chest, and eventually on the ground for what would have been a game winning touchdown.....in the first half

• Options

Maybe. But yore track record of being wrong 81% of the tim gives me faith someone steps up.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Maybe. But yore track record of being wrong 81% of the tim gives me faith someone steps up.
    dont worry, according to quooks true freshmen are instant difference makers
  • Options

dont worry, according to quooks true freshmen are instant difference makers
    I don't trust Quooks either. So now I'm worried again.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Imagine thinking this is a pick play