Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Worst receiving corps of my lifetime.

flatusflatus Member Posts: 871
5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
Standard Supporter
edited December 2018 in Duck Refuge

Comments

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Classic Oregon personnel
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 3,997
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    The coaching is the problem. This team averaged something like 270 yards rushing per game last year WITHOUT HERBERT, including games against Stanford, UW and Utah. This year the OL whisperer gets promoted to HC and completely destroys the best rushing program arguably in the history of the conference.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,660
    dtd said:

The coaching is the problem. This team averaged something like 270 yards rushing per game last year WITHOUT HERBERT, including games against Stanford, UW and Utah. This year the OL whisperer gets promoted to HC and completely destroys the best rushing program arguably in the history of the conference.

Ricky Bell, Charles White, Marcus Allen and Sam Cunningham would like a word

Best in conference history, that’s funny.
  • Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,907
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dtd said:

Huh?
    Standard Supporter

dtd said:

I said arguably. How many other programs have led the conference in rushing 9 straight years? That was the most productive 9 year streak in conference history in total yards, yards per rush, and rushing touchdowns.
  • ramenduckramenduck Member Posts: 734
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dtd said:

dtd said:

I said arguably. How many other programs have led the conference in rushing 9 straight years? That was the most productive 9 year streak in conference history in total yards, yards per rush, and rushing touchdowns.
    Plus no dead guys.

Standard Supporter
    ramenduck said:

dtd said:

dtd said:

Plus no dead guys.

Free OJ
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,660
    dtd said:

dtd said:

So, let's "arguably" about it.

You realize the conference was dreck for a decade, right?

Gashing Wazzu's D during the Wulff years or UW's during the Ty/Sark years....not special.

Please to be letting me know which of Oregon's running backs during that phase will end up in the College and/or NFL Hall of Fame.

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,709
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

dtd said:

dtd said:

Gashing Wazzu's D during the Wulff years or UW's during the Ty/Sark years....not special.

Please to be letting me know which of Oregon's running backs during that phase will end up in the College and/or NFL Hall of Fame.

Was? Better then than now.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Arguably? With who, retards?

This is what the “best” rushing game of my lifetime gets you

http://www.espn.com/college-football/boxscore?gameId=400935313
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,709
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

dtd said:

dtd said:

Was? Better then than now.
    Nobody in the conference now is worse than Wulff and Ty were then.
    That's true. But overall the conference is worse. There was basically one good team in the entire conference this year. One.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,099
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Receiving corpse? This is a new low for the autzen porking lot