Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Mark Richt sells the couch

Comments

• Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    If Oregon was looking like a trainwreck I would bail. I can’t imagine Cristobal bailing. If Miami is his dream job it sucks to be him. He isn’t leaving Oregon, at least not now.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I don't see Venables leaving Clemson. But maybe. A kid from Kansas in Miami ... Miami is a great city, but it's not for everyone, and those people know that right away. Wonder about fit. But then if a cracker like Butch Davis is happy down there, perhaps.

Mario ... I really have no idea. If it had been sooner, sure. But he did just sign a solid class, he reportedly likes it there and he just got there. Most people are not like Willie and have at least a little bit of shame. Who knows though. Just seems unlikely, and as great as it would be to have him on staff, I'm not sure that's what Miami needs right now.

Butch Davis is the guy I could see. As I've said, I'm skeptical about any round 2, but there's no denying what he did there. And he's a good recruiter in his own right.

I dont think he leaves but it would have nothing to do with feeling "shame"
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,740
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited December 2018

I don't see Venables leaving Clemson. But maybe. A kid from Kansas in Miami ... Miami is a great city, but it's not for everyone, and those people know that right away. Wonder about fit. But then if a cracker like Butch Davis is happy down there, perhaps.

Mario ... I really have no idea. If it had been sooner, sure. But he did just sign a solid class, he reportedly likes it there and he just got there. Most people are not like Willie and have at least a little bit of shame. Who knows though. Just seems unlikely, and as great as it would be to have him on staff, I'm not sure that's what Miami needs right now.

Butch Davis is the guy I could see. As I've said, I'm skeptical about any round 2, but there's no denying what he did there. And he's a good recruiter in his own right.

I dont think he leaves but it would have nothing to do with feeling "shame"
    Neither of us really knows. I'm as cynical as the next guy. I also think it's rational to assume that there are people out there that factor in "good look" / "bad look" into their decision making and that not everyone is as used car salesmen in their work life as Willie Beamon.

Cristobal is a private school educated kid from upper middle class Miami. He's not missed any meals in his life and has not had to play the game fast strategy. He's being paid well to coach a program that has won and has resources and has a close connection to one of sports prominent figures in Phil Knight and Nike.

Miami is a mess. Sure, it cleans up faster and better than a PNW school would, but that offense is a few recruiting classes away from being even competent.

I just don't know that it's the no-brainer that people assume. The lazy man would think so, but people do and don't do things for lots and lots of reasons.

I have wanted to relocate to Boston, and I have generally missed the east coast for years. I've had several professional chances to make that and other moves, and haven't for a variety of reasons.

Maybe he does. I have no idea. But from what I know of him, while just as self-interested as the next person, he's more thoughtful and thinks about moves more carefully than a guy like Willie.

That all said, I'd like Miami to do better. If Mario had a couple of Pac 12 titles and Rose Bowl or equivalent wins under his belt, then I'd have the body of work I'd need to want him. Right now he's still a ?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    dongman said:

My transvestite lesbian brother works in AD at UO said there has been two emergency meetings called already. I can hear sweat trickling down the cheeks.

so is he still your brother? or your sister now?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    creppy having mini azduck meltdown
  • Options
    edited December 2018

Does Manny Diaz make a U turn? Could be chintresting.

Mullen, Davis and Schiano were finalists for the jerb. Mullen would have been good obviously; he ain't leaving Floriduh now. Schiano is a retread and underwhelming corch. Davis ... just don't know about that. Part II is seldom a good thing.

Bump diggity.

I like the hire. Now, Mario gets tired of the shit weather up here and takes his rightful place as O line corch and recruiting coordinator. Two Cubans coaching the Canes. I love it. Fuck. Maybe I'll move back.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,472
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    They hired the inventor of the Turnover Chain? LMAO. Sark-level bullshit.
  • Options
    edited December 2018

Shocking take. Great analysis. Everything Sark all the time. If only you had a clue.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Shocking take. Great analysis. Everything Sark all the time.
    Your Cane blinders are on. I'm sure you also loved Willie T while he was a Duck.
  • Options

Your Cane blinders are on. I'm sure you also loved Willie T while he was a Duck.
    Just stop and shut up. Jesus.

Sark Sark Sark.

I didn't say shit about Willie other than he could recruit, which was true. Everything else was LIPO.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Sark Sark Sark.

I didn't say shit about Willie other than he could recruit, which was true. Everything else was LIPO.
    Every coach everywhere is either sark or Pete to uw fans. There’s no in between
  • Options
    Founders Club

Sark Sark Sark.

You really have become a sniveling cunt. #TeamStrongArmCobra
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,793
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Manny’s actually a good coach. He brings the swag too.
  • Options
    edited December 2018

Sark Sark Sark.

You really have become a sniveling cunt. #TeamStrongArmCobra
    You sound hurt that I don't agree with you. Too bad.

But now it's time for you to fuck off and go bug one of your Dads with more hot takes about things you don't understand. At. All.
  • Options

But Sark.

Ax @BleachedAnusDawg . He's got his reads down.
  • Options
    I love the butt hurt Buckeye fan who posits that Miami is not an elite job without cheating.

Good God almighty there are stupid people in this world.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,774
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Dennis Erickson is tanned, rested and ready.

And out of rehab?
    Uncle Denny is no quitter. Rehab? Pffft.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Based on his 0 - 0 record as a head coach?