Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

How the hell are you getting to the RB, and WTF are you doing there?

Postal91Postal91 Member Posts: 1,803
edited December 2018 in Hardcore Husky Board
Trying to figure out how safe it is to park on the Gold Line and metro into Pasadena. I'm not parking at the golf course because I don't want to hate my time before and after the game while in traffic. Any suggestions from anyone that has been to an RB within the last 17 years? (Edit, looked at one station and they said that batteries are stolen all the fucking time. So maybe instead of getting my rental car battery stolen I can get suggestions from you all that may only end up in transgender groping)

Also, where is the place to get cool shit, since our shop sucks ass. Do I find some homeless person tailgating with their trunk open or is most the shit licensed? Thought I heard a little gathering and give-aways of MMFG shirts but wasn't sure if it was that new shitshow in town. Input is appreciated, otherwise fuck off.

Comments

• MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    Golf course area is fine for parking. Unless you want to leave in the 3rd quarter or miss your 6:00pm tea time.

Yea, tea time.

• Postal91Postal91 Member Posts: 1,803
    All good, appreciate the info.

I saw the bookstore and tailgate, maybe I'm a bit more hopeful for something unique. Not sure if there are any must find/get items. Maybe a Husky humping the Ohio state O or something, who knows, though I am interested in tracking down the MMFG shirts. I am sure to have a few moments to stroll around the place. Debating on getting last minute Purple Reign tailgate passes and am leaning 'no' with them costing $150.

OK, serious answer, I’m taking a charter shuttle down to the stadium from my hotel. Sorry I can’t be much help there.

As for clothing, I hit up the UW Bookstore (I live in the Seattle area), American Eagle’s Tailgate site, and yes, Amazon.

• Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958 Standard Supporter
    Postal91 said:

All good, appreciate the info.

I saw the bookstore and tailgate, maybe I'm a bit more hopeful for something unique. Not sure if there are any must find/get items. Maybe a Husky humping the Ohio state O or something, who knows, though I am interested in tracking down the MMFG shirts. I am sure to have a few moments to stroll around the place. Debating on getting last minute Purple Reign tailgate passes and am leaning 'no' with them costing $150.

It’s probably too late to get anything from independent designers, but here’s some links if you’re still interested:

https://www.deathrowroses.com/online-store

https://www.maxwaugh.com/2018/12/01/2018-husky-football-king-in-the-north-shirts/
  • Postal91Postal91 Member Posts: 1,803
    Whoa, I didn't see the Mario Bailey 'Bow Down' shirt last time I was there. That is pretty slick. Not a fan of the Max Waugh shirts. This has me optimistic that I will see something unique in a parking lot.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,976 Founders Club
    edited December 2018
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

My ride:

The driver just keeps doing laps around the stadium until I text him that I’m ready to be picked up. Parking is for suckers.

My gear:

Courtesy of a little independent retailer called Amazon.com

God I love you.

edit: I just checked my restraining order and it does not expressly say I cannot say that to you on a message board. Victory!
    I can’t wait to meet @Doog_de_Jour at the tailgate. Billy Graham rule though as Mrs Snow will be there.
    I will pay you anything for pics of her to add to my shrine. But don't tell her though. It's a secret.
    Not kewl, Chief!! You don’t ask for pics of the other guy’s (my) wife.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,512 Founders Club
    I decided to get a room on the gold line just outside Pasadena and use that for transportation. Don't need to park there can get there from the hotel
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,343 Swaye's Wigwam
    Taking Gold line from Monrovia.

Picking up my HH shirt at tailgate

Its going to be special watching the Cluelesss cough up $140 for hot dogs and beer on gameday becausenot sure what to do
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    Anyone thought of using Uber?
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,976 Founders Club
    Staying at hotel next to team hotel in Downtown. Gotta find Kaleb to say Never Been Beaten Bitch. Eat my fucking ass!! Then Uber to Union Station and Gold Line to Pasadena. Walk or shuttle from there.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839

Staying at hotel next to team hotel in Downtown. Gotta find Kaleb to say Never Been Beaten Bitch. Eat my fucking ass!! Then Uber to Union Station and Gold Line to Pasadena. Walk or shuttle from there.

Public transportation on the West Coast fucking sucks.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839
    Driving and paying $40 for porking fml
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,343 Swaye's Wigwam

Anyone thought of using Uber?

Only if you hate money