Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

5th Annual Jesse Callier Commemorative Post-Collegiate Career Impact Ranking Initiative

Comments

• Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited January 2019

Same reason Browning is at least a 4. You don’t have to like him but he QB’d us in 3 NY6 bowls.

Swallow a cactus.
  • Options
    BlastDoorBlastDoor Member Posts: 711
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    At least in my ballot, Rapp lost the coveted "5" ranking because of the Rose Bowl. I don't see the rankings as how good the players are, I see it as how good they were for UW. As good as Rapp was, he's not on the Gaskin/Gaines/Budda tier. Those guys gave it all. Rapp didn't.
  • Options
    Miley_CyrusMiley_Cyrus Member Posts: 793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Same reason Browning is at least a 4. You don’t have to like him but he QB’d us in 3 NY6 bowls.

Swallow a cactus.
    Browning will for sure have the largest standard deviation. Maybe Rapp, but I doubt it.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,857
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,970
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Did I vote I dont remember?
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,864
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BlastDoor said:

At least in my ballot, Rapp lost the coveted "5" ranking because of the Rose Bowl. I don't see the rankings as how good the players are, I see it as how good they were for UW. As good as Rapp was, he's not on the Gaskin/Gaines/Budda tier. Those guys gave it all. Rapp didn't.

But he did, until he didn’t.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,864
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    @Woof still open for business?
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    dhdawg said:

2 5's went to rapp and gaskin. Murphy only played 1 full season so hard to go above 4.

I may have been too harsh on Jake, gave him a 2.

I don't even remember giving Jake a grade. I am all fucked up. I gave BBK a 4 I remember, which felt odd. Also gave Gaines a 4. Really wanted to go 5. I love that white bastard. I gave Matt James a 1. I didn't even know he was on the team.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    I did it for the first time. Feels good to contribute something for once in my miserable and pathetic life. Grade inflation was rampant, I have three 5s, just couldn't force myself to give Gaines anything lower than a 5.

Murphy, McGary and BBK got 4s, Miller, Tevis and String were high 3s, Joyner and Sample were also 3s but not high (may have been too generous for Joyner)...nobody else sticks out so I think they were all 1s or 2s otherwise unless I'm forgetting somebody obvious, which I probably am.

Oh yeah Browning was a 3. I'm a pussy.
  • Options
    Founders Club

I did it for the first time. Feels good to contribute something for once in my miserable and pathetic life. Grade inflation was rampant, I have three 5s, just couldn't force myself to give Gaines anything lower than a 5.

Murphy, McGary and BBK got 4s, Miller, Tevis and String were high 3s, Joyner and Sample were also 3s but not high (may have been too generous for Joyner)...nobody else sticks out so I think they were all 1s or 2s otherwise unless I'm forgetting somebody obvious, which I probably am.

Oh yeah Browning was a 3. I'm a pussy.

I might have given Browning a 5 for all I know. I now cannot recall a single grade I have given out. Note to self, never do this while jet lagged. I fucking hate jet lag. I wish I was one of those people that could fly, sleep, and immediately feel fine. I'm all fucked up for three days after moving 7+ time zones.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I’ll get mine in today. Been busy and don’t want to half ass my first try.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Woof said:

Swaye said:

dhdawg said:

2 5's went to rapp and gaskin. Murphy only played 1 full season so hard to go above 4.

I may have been too harsh on Jake, gave him a 2.

I don't even remember giving Jake a grade. I am all fucked up. I gave BBK a 4 I remember, which felt odd. Also gave Gaines a 4. Really wanted to go 5. I love that white bastard. I gave Matt James a 1. I didn't even know he was on the team.
    Your memory is correct. You didn't give him a grade. Don't worry though, I know you meant to give him a 5. I'll fix it for you.
    I really was fucked up. Please give him the 2 he so richly deserves.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

I think I gave Browning a 4 and looking back, it’s probably too high but I tried to take my hatred for him out of the pri

Jake was the hardest one to grade for me, but I gave him the same score you did. Four year starter that missed one game. Probably should have been a three, but that retard strength that prevented us from having to use one of even shittier backup QBs was enough to push him into a four for me.
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255

I think I gave Browning a 4 and looking back, it’s probably too high but I tried to take my hatred for him out of the pri

Jake was the hardest one to grade for me, but I gave him the same score you did. Four year starter that missed one game. Probably should have been a three, but that retard strength that prevented us from having to use one of even shittier backup QBs was enough to push him into a four for me.
    He got a 4 from me as well. For all his retardation if he finishes with year 2 as opposed to year 4 we probably like him. The downward trend was just killer. His ability to stay healthy also factored in.
  • Options
    Miley_CyrusMiley_Cyrus Member Posts: 793
    I think if you’re ever a 1st team All American you’re a 5. BBK is borderline but still counts IMO.