Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

It is unfair ...

Dick,

5-4, 5-4, 5-4, 5-4 in conference play .... Holiday Bowl win > Alamo Bowl loss > Las Vegas Bowl loss > Kraft Fight Hunger/New Mexico Bowl ...

Why can everyone outside of Seattle see what you refuse to acknowledge?

What does an Arizona win have to do with beating Oregon? Oregon boat raced Washington, at home, for the 10th consecutive year. That's what I care about.

Enjoy the higher attendance, enjoy the improved stats, enjoy the improved talent ... and accept a coach who is 5-4 in conference play ... and enjoy your annual trip to the local charity bowl ... it's the Seattle way.

Dick says:

Completely unfair comparison since the pac 12 is far superior now than has been the last three or four years. Plus Washington is playing great ball now and Oregon is an unmitigated disaster

Comments

• chrisvashonchrisvashon Member Posts: 627
    edited November 2013
    so "oregon is an unmitigated disaster" and that makes washington, who got crushed by oregon, what exactly?
  • RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    topdawgnc said:

Dick,

5-4, 5-4, 5-4, 5-4 in conference play .... Holiday Bowl win > Alamo Bowl loss > Las Vegas Bowl loss > Kraft Fight Hunger/New Mexico Bowl ...

Why can everyone outside of Seattle see what you refuse to acknowledge?

What does an Arizona win have to do with beating Oregon? Oregon boat raced Washington, at home, for the 10th consecutive year. That's what I care about.

Enjoy the higher attendance, enjoy the improved stats, enjoy the improved talent ... and accept a coach who is 5-4 in conference play ... and enjoy your annual trip to the local charity bowl ... it's the Seattle way.

Dick says:

Completely unfair comparison since the pac 12 is far superior now than has been the last three or four years. Plus Washington is playing great ball now and Oregon is an unmitigated disaster

Go easy on Dick - I very much doubt he has any idea what "unmitigated" means...
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    The "unmitigated disaster" phrase is on the back of his scotch bottle.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    The bowl stuff doesn't prove anything. The holiday bowl happened because there were 2 BCS teams and USC was on probation. Alamo was 3 spots ahead of where we normally should have been. Extra BCS, USC probation and they picked UW over Arizona.

The argument is Sark will never be a championship coach or field a consistent contender. That doesn't change if he wins the bowl game or wins 10 next year.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,662 Founders Club
    Fain or Baird?
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,727
    Sark is not the guy for the job. Uw needs to move on from him. Sark is not a nice guy to people he should be nice to.

Owes Sankey at least half his salary.

PAC 13 is highly overrated
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    The Pac-12 is worse now than it has at any point since 2008. #fuckingdreckfest
  • CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,478 Swaye's Wigwam
    10-2 is an unmitigated disaster? I wonder what Dick Fain would call my life of heavy cocaine addiction and killing hookers.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652

10-2 is an unmitigated disaster? I wonder what Dick Fain would call my life of heavy cocaine addiction and killing hookers.

WASHINGTON has been below the unmitigated disaster line 22 out of 23 seasons since 1991.

Don James was only above the unmitigated disaster line what 2 or 3 times?

He's Dick FainFS for a reason.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

Washington is really 10-2 if you take out 3 quarters of bad play.
  • you'd think sports radio producers would put people on air who actually knew shit about sports. Not the case.
  • loadsockloadsock Member Posts: 686
    I remember when 10-2 was an "unmitigated" disaster for UW what is now too long ago. But I guess the PAC 10 was a complete joke then right DickFS?
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    What evidence is there that the PAC-12 is a better conference now than the last few years? Besides, you know, the premier program in conference being an unmitigated disaster.
  • loadsockloadsock Member Posts: 686
    It's only perceived as better by these idiots so they can convince themselves that there's legitimate reasoning why we continue to suck or stay mediocre.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

What evidence is there that the PAC-12 is a better conference now than the last few years? Besides, you know, the premier program in conference being an unmitigated disaster.

There's the Sagarin ratings...and not much else.

The conference is a fucking dreckfest. Notre Dame almost won the whole damn thing and they aren't good at all.
  • It's also unfair that UW can't replace Oregon, Stanford, UCLA and trips to Arizona on their schedule with big sky teams.
  • It's also unfair that UW can't replace Oregon, Stanford, UCLA and trips to Arizona on their schedule with big sky teams.

Give Woody some time. 2015 we have Hawaii, Boise State and Sacramento State. Woody is working on replacing Oregon with Portland State. There is some resistance from Eugene who consider Washington a Mountain West type game on their schedule..