Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

WR Recruiting

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Domicillo said:

WR recruiting is not done yet for this class so we'll see.

If we get Ford, it's a B+, Puka a B-, neither or Chin 2.0 and it's a D.

Either way, Lubick was heralded as some hotshot recruiter and hasn't lived up to his billing.
    Ford would be the highest rated recruit to come to UW under Pete. Fuck outta here with that B shit.
    Ngata is at least as good as Ford, and we had every advantage with him. Regardless of whether we get Ford, you can't give Lubick as A grade as a recruiter this year. He fucked up.
    This. In my opinion the recruiting grade is equal parts process as it is result. Fact of the matter is Ngata was always our top guy, and we had too many advantage there to not feel good about it. The fact Lubick not only couldn’t get an OV from him but also let him get away in June is pathetic. Even if we end up with Ford, who we weren’t even in on until Taj Davis got him to check back in with UW in August, you can’t give him an A.
    You guys are insane. if we get a 5 star receiver in a 2 receiver class it's a fucking A, at worst. The we had "every advantage" with Ngata is just lazy bullshit as it always was. We had a lot of advantages with him. We didn't have every. He wasn't an in state recruit and he didn't grow up rooting for UW. Those are requirements for "every advantage". His brother only came here because we were his best offer. We weren't Joe's best offer. He went elsewhere. It sucks but it's one data point.

If we end up with just Taj I'm fine with bashing the class. If we get just Taj and Puka I'm fine with bashing the class (I wouldn't even take Puka just because I don't think we need to spend another scholarship at receiver).

If we get the best wide receiver recruit we've signed since Reggie it's a fucking A receiver class, period.

Recruiting is about who you get, not who you lose. Everyone loses recruits.
    You lost me at not taking Puka. That kid is fucking good.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Domicillo said:

WR recruiting is not done yet for this class so we'll see.

If we get Ford, it's a B+, Puka a B-, neither or Chin 2.0 and it's a D.

Either way, Lubick was heralded as some hotshot recruiter and hasn't lived up to his billing.
    Ford would be the highest rated recruit to come to UW under Pete. Fuck outta here with that B shit.
    Ngata is at least as good as Ford, and we had every advantage with him. Regardless of whether we get Ford, you can't give Lubick as A grade as a recruiter this year. He fucked up.
    This. In my opinion the recruiting grade is equal parts process as it is result. Fact of the matter is Ngata was always our top guy, and we had too many advantage there to not feel good about it. The fact Lubick not only couldn’t get an OV from him but also let him get away in June is pathetic. Even if we end up with Ford, who we weren’t even in on until Taj Davis got him to check back in with UW in August, you can’t give him an A.
    You guys are insane. if we get a 5 star receiver in a 2 receiver class it's a fucking A, at worst. The we had "every advantage" with Ngata is just lazy bullshit as it always was. We had a lot of advantages with him. We didn't have every. He wasn't an in state recruit and he didn't grow up rooting for UW. Those are requirements for "every advantage". His brother only came here because we were his best offer. We weren't Joe's best offer. He went elsewhere. It sucks but it's one data point.

If we end up with just Taj I'm fine with bashing the class. If we get just Taj and Puka I'm fine with bashing the class (I wouldn't even take Puka just because I don't think we need to spend another scholarship at receiver).

If we get the best wide receiver recruit we've signed since Reggie it's a fucking A receiver class, period.

Recruiting is about who you get, not who you lose. Everyone loses recruits.
    You lost me at not taking Puka. That kid is fucking good.
    I get it. I like him a lot. I'm just all in on DDY's explanation of too many WR's/not enough OL. We don't graduate a single WR and are already taking one. I'd make room for Ngata/Bru (lol) or Ford, but to me Puka is a tier below that.

Obviously the coaches disagree and are set on taking two WR in this class. I'm not pissed about it but it's not how I'd do it.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Houhusky said:

Ty Jones is 6’ 4”

Next year he’s gonna explode with Eason throwing to him. Screen shot this.

At this point Ty Jones is Braydon Lenius, until he isn’t.

Irregardless of Browning’s “abilities” Jones has played like a pussy more than once or twice.

Getting beat out by pounds, Fuller, and bacellia is pretty embarrassing given his supposed unique size and talents... it’s not like he is sitting behind Ross and Pettis.
    This is more true than you guys want to admit. Jones is soft and sucks until he doesn’t. He’s better than Lenius, but to call him good at this point is a stretch. He won’t flame out like Lenius, but he’s far from a surefire stud.

Lenius as a sophomore - 26 catches, 307 yards, 3 TD.

Jones as a sophomore - 28 catches 469 yards, 6 TD.
    how the fuck do you have the balls to love BBK and not like Ty? expalain the maff for me
    Logic? BBK produced from the beginning on good defenses. Ty Jones is basically a non factor on a bad offense.

The BBK hate was always retarded and I said that repeatedly. Jones is a TBS/doog legend at this point.

Jones had a killer Hudl tho.
    dude BBK had an amazing senior year, all of sudden all his 4 years here were amazing
    Very little to no drop off when Azeem got hurt in 2016. He was better than Bierria and Victor in 2017. He’s not out there because Pete owed him a favor. He’s good and was always good. He didn’t redshirt his freshman year and was never a liability.

Constantine, Lawyer, and Manu are/were liabilities. BBK was always undersized but good. Try watching the games and not parroting DDY.
    H

When Jones doesn’t suck, I’ll say he doesn’t suck. Do you know what production is? Players that produce are good. Players that don’t, suck.

I don’t need to wait until he is a senior. WAC, you said BBK sucked all the time before he was a senior. Why do we have to wait for Jones but not BBK? I’ll answer for you. You liked Jones as a recruit and make excuses for him.

dude, Ty was bigger contributor in his Soph year than BBK. If you think other go watch the 2016 again and tell wtf happened.
  • Options

When Jones doesn’t suck, I’ll say he doesn’t suck. Do you know what production is? Players that produce are good. Players that don’t, suck.

I don’t need to wait until he is a senior. WAC, you said BBK sucked all the time before he was a senior. Why do we have to wait for Jones but not BBK? I’ll answer for you. You liked Jones as a recruit and make excuses for him.

You're too low on Jones but you're 100% right about WAC.
    ok
  • Options

You're too low on Jones but you're 100% right about WAC.
    ok!
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

I get it. I like him a lot. I'm just all in on DDY's explanation of too many WR's/not enough OL. We don't graduate a single WR and are already taking one. I'd make room for Ngata/Bru (lol) or Ford, but to me Puka is a tier below that.

Obviously the coaches disagree and are set on taking two WR in this class. I'm not pissed about it but it's not how I'd do it.

Lets hold off on that until Fall practice starts up. I have doubts about McClatcher, Pounds and Chin all coming back.
  • Options
    edited December 2018

We don't graduate a single WR and are already taking one. I'd make room for Ngata/Bru (lol) or Ford, but to me Puka is a tier below that.

Lets hold off on that until Fall practice starts up. I have doubts about McClatcher, Pounds and Chin all coming back.

None of them graduate.

Obviously we are expecting some attrition. But the point is we already have too many schollies tied up in WR. We should move two kids off scholarship without replacing them with another WR.
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Ford and Puka = problem solved
  • Options
    dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    Myles Bryant is pretty good. 5th in tackles, 3rd in sacks, and 6th in TFL in 12 games. He’s a pretty sure tackler. Sure, he’s short so he has his flaws in coverage, but he’s not a liability.

Saw this when I was looking some stats up on Myles. Looks like he submitted his DOB to this draft database. Seems like mainly upperclassmen and players that are likely declaring. Not sure you’d do that unless there was some amount of interest, but maybe he’s just trying to get a draft grade.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Interesting. Bryant wouldn't be a high pick but im not going to say it wpuldn't make sense for him to go pro. That would definitely be a loss
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    dhdawg said:

Interesting. Bryant wouldn't be a high pick but im not going to say it wpuldn't make sense for him to go pro. That would definitely be a loss

Elijah Molden disagrees.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2018

The only thing Jones has showed so far is that he is tall/big. Saying that Browning isn't a good QB for him is lame because when Bryant has been healthy Browning has peppered him all the time. Ty just doesn't get seperation right now. Fuller took a big step up from Soph to Junior season and I think Jones will do the same but for now he is just a guy.

BBK has always been good and his glaring knock was getting ran over by players like Saquon Barkley who does that to a lot of people. That weakness has been fucking exaggerated like crazy though. A RB moves him half a yard and the board freaks the fuck out and goes retard mode "Lulz BBK just got dragged 10 yards".

Browning can't stretch the field, can't loft the ball.

Jones isn't a slotback or one of those quick and shifty guys.

He's a 6'4" leaper and air dominant receiver.

Using hunter Bryant as a corollary doesn't make sense.

Browning is not the right quarter back for Jones and his skill set/what he brings to the table.
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I heard Myles was one of the 5 early entrant candidates that UW submitted to receive draft grades along with Rapp and Murphy (each school only can submit up to 5 per year). Still trying to figure out who the other two would be, my guess is that Trey was probably submitted and maybe Levi too...?
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

The only thing Jones has showed so far is that he is tall/big. Saying that Browning isn't a good QB for him is lame because when Bryant has been healthy Browning has peppered him all the time. Ty just doesn't get seperation right now. Fuller took a big step up from Soph to Junior season and I think Jones will do the same but for now he is just a guy.

BBK has always been good and his glaring knock was getting ran over by players like Saquon Barkley who does that to a lot of people. That weakness has been fucking exaggerated like crazy though. A RB moves him half a yard and the board freaks the fuck out and goes retard mode "Lulz BBK just got dragged 10 yards".

I don’t care if BBK fucks up and gets called out. It happens. There have been times when it was deserved.

I’m still surprised (not really) that DDY and others have never bashed Bierria for the long TD run against Alabama. If that was BBK, he would still be getting bashed for it.

Same goes for Myles Bryant and Miller. Miller’s mom is a favorite so nothing gets posted when he gets burned, but Myles Bryant gives up a 3rd down and he sucks, should never be playing, we need to level up, etc.
    You're not implying that theres some kind of hive-mind mentality around here are you?

Then again, it is fun to follow the game threads and count the number of "Fuck You BBK"s and "Bryant fucking sucks!!!"s that pop up when neither player is actually involved in the play
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2018

Passion said:

Hakeem Butler was a 2* WR where Iowa State was his only P5 offer. .

Doesn’t Pete pride himself on finding guys like this?
    I'm sure you'd be upset if we signed a 2* WR.
    But this is why it sucked to take Fuller and Chin. When you’re the developer Pete has shown to be, go find someone with rare physics tools and a high ceiling. If you’re going to get a 2 star, go get one with potential don’t get ones that are small without being fast. It made no sense and it’s why they went after Kennedy Lewis and Taj Davis this year. They are the leveled up version of Aaron Fuller.
  • Options
    edited December 2018

Passion said:

Hakeem Butler was a 2* WR where Iowa State was his only P5 offer. .

Doesn’t Pete pride himself on finding guys like this?
    I'm sure you'd be upset if we signed a 2* WR.
    But this is why it sucked to take Fuller and Chin. When you’re the developer Pete has shown to be, go find someone with rare physics tools and a high ceiling. If you’re going to get a 2 star, go get one with potential don’t get ones that are small without being fast. It made no sense and it’s why they went after Kennedy Lewis and Taj Davis this year. They are the leveled up version of Aaron Fuller.
    dude fuck you, fuller is a stud. He is going to play on sundays.