Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Petros Papadakis actually makes a couple intelligent comments.

PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
edited November 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board
Before yesterday's game: "This was supposed to be Washington's year, but it hasn't happened."

During the highlight recap: "Washington has fallen off this year..."

I still think this guy is a meat head, but he was pretty critical of all the "next year is our year" bullshit. He rightly stepped up and said that this was supposed to be Washington's year.

Comments

• The_UndertakerThe_Undertaker Member Posts: 521
    I remember last year listening to his show with Softy and it was funny because he actually had higher standards for UW than Softy who was making excuses for everything. He probably doesn't care about UW football but you can tell he has a lot of respect for it.
  • Petros knows what Washington used to be. He always talks about the time when he was at USC where they were shut out by Washington.

What is funny is we hated those teams at the time too. That team he always talks up "underachieved" and had a "disasterous" 8-4 season. That is what put heat on Lambo for 1998.

Whereas now Sark goes 8-4 he is getting Gatorade baths and doogs are acting like we just won a trip to the Rose Bowl.
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622

Petros knows what Washington used to be. He always talks about the time when he was at USC where they were shut out by Washington.

What is funny is we hated those teams at the time too. That team he always talks up "underachieved" and had a "disasterous" 8-4 season. That is what put heat on Lambo for 1998.

Whereas now Sark goes 8-4 he is getting Gatorade baths and doogs are acting like we just won a trip to the Rose Bowl.

You have no idea the damage that Jim Owens' early 1970s teams did to that 1998 team.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,662 Founders Club
    I've listen to a fair amount of Petros and Money ( they're usually on opposite of Softy - enough said ). When he's not yelling, trying to be funny (for an ex-jock he ain't bad) or talking about Hollywood shitbags he makes good points.

Again like I said yesterday, he grew up watching, then played against real Warshington football. He gets it way more than a lot of the Doogs. This was back in the days when the LA schools and Washington basically dominated the West. There was no Kal, no attention whore teams with 1,000,000 uniform combos, no scrappy Beavers etc. The good ol days
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246

Petros knows what Washington used to be. He always talks about the time when he was at USC where they were shut out by Washington.

Oregon already let the world know the Rose Bowl is no longer important.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,625 Standard Supporter
    I like Petros. I also like to sit on rusty cheese graters.