Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

How the Cougs can stop the Dawgs nexxt year

Brought to you by the same poster who predicted WSU will dominate Pac-12 recruiting after winning the apple cup this year

https://247sports.com/college/washington-state/Board/102397/Contents/I-know-how-to-beat-the-Huskies-and-I-am-emailing-this-to-Claeys-126813667/

In watching the Huskies struggle to run against Utah in the Pac-12 Championship, I realized I was watching the formula on how to start winning Apple Cups again.

Utah ran a 4-4-1 against the Huskies.

The front four is a left End, DT, then DT, then a right End.

The second level was 4 linebackers.

The 3rd level was a safety and two cornerbacks.

The Huskies were running their famous 3 tight end set, over loading one side of the the line of scrimmage. The Huskies looked befuddled in trying to get a single yard, let alone ripping off big runs like they have against the Cougs 3-4-4 that we have run since Leach has come to town.

I am going to write Tracy Claeys and implore him to use this below defensive lineup and personnel against the Huskies next year when they run 3 tight ends to their strong side.

First level- Front Four when Huskies in power TE3. Cougs in a 4-4-3

Left End Hobbs - 6-6 280lbs
Dt - McDougle - 6' 305lbs
Dt - Jesus - 6-3 305lbs
Right End- Missiona - 6-3 265lbs

2nd level- 4 linebackers in the
4-4-3

OLB- Will Rodgers 6-4 235lbs
MlB - Silvels 6-3 230lbs
MlB - Nnamdi 6-3 252lbs
OLB Will Taylor 6-5 250lbs

3rd level of the 4-4-3

Safety- Strong 6' 225lbs

DB 6-2 Singlton 195lbs

DB Lagford new juco recruit 6-2 190lbs

We have to match size with size at every position when Huskies are running their power set. If we stop the run with this above lineup, we win the Apple Cup.

3-4-4 is too weak against the loaded run against the Huskies. They are averaging 250 yards an Apple cup on the ground in the last 5 Apple Cups. We need to do something different, because they are not. This is kind of the definition of insanity, and we have to so something different if we expect a different result.

Comments