Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Is Dane Crane the real deal?

Just asking because I've been fixated by Mike Criste's lethargy all season. I don't believe he has EVER:
1. Fired out on his block
2. Blocked someone downfield (yes he does occasionally trot downfield but that is just to give congrats to Mr. Sankey).
3. Pass blocked for more that the requisite 2-3 seconds
4. He looks so apathetic! For a school with such a great center tradition, this just hurts!

Anyway, so much for the rant, I feel better now. Can someone tell me that Dane is going to step in and make me forget?

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Your eyes are as good as mine.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Biggins thought he might compete for a starting job this year. I bet Crane will be good but next season? Not sure if he will unseat Christe.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    Dexter Charles is really the only lineman worth anything.

HTH.
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    76dawg said:

Just asking because I've been fixated by Mike Criste's lethargy all season. I don't believe he has EVER:
    1. Fired out on his block
    2. Blocked someone downfield (yes he does occasionally trot downfield but that is just to give congrats to Mr. Sankey).
    3. Pass blocked for more that the requisite 2-3 seconds
    4. He looks so apathetic! For a school with such a great center tradition, this just hurts!

Anyway, so much for the rant, I feel better now. Can someone tell me that Dane is going to step in and make me forget?

Dane Crane will be the second coming of Olin Kreutz.

Until he plays a year......

RLR.

• chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,968 Swaye's Wigwam
    Crane looked real good in the film provided by NAMBLA last year, on another level from guys like Atoe, Criste etc. It's hit or (mostly) miss whether or not OL prospects at UW will actually progress from good/great HS players to good, college linemen though. Charles, Riva and Hatchie have made incremental progress while the rest have been stagnant or regressed.