Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Three first rounders on this team?

Comments

• Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Why do people think Jaylen Johnson will get drafted? He had 1 sack and 3.5 TFLs. Part time starter. He would have to have an insane pro day to even get drafted in the 7th. I don't dislike the guy, but let's be realistic. He'll definitely get a chance as an UDFA though. Maybe he'll earn a roster spot somewhere like Zeke Turner did.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,944
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

1st - Murphy
    2nd - Rapp
    2nd - McGary
    4th - Gaskin
    4th - Miller
    5th - Gaines
    6th - Sample
    6th - Johnson

BBK - God - it's so hard to know because I don't really understand where he'd play in the NFL. I'm going to guess he will be 6-0, 220ish. If he can run a 4.1 or so shuttle and a 4.6 or so 40 he could get as high as the 3rd round. If he doesn't run or jump well, he could fall.

Browning will head straight to the Sac State as a GA.

BBK = Shaquem Griffin with 2 hands.

Cook it.
    Thank God I don't watch the NFL, so I don't really know what he's doing.
    This makes no sense ddy. They are the same boys you stalked in HS, just a little older. Plus, they are still younger than you...
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Why do people think Jaylen Johnson will get drafted? He had 1 sack and 3.5 TFLs. Part time starter. He would have to have an insane pro day to even get drafted in the 7th. I don't dislike the guy, but let's be realistic. He'll definitely get a chance as an UDFA though. Maybe he'll earn a roster spot somewhere like Zeke Turner did.

Having him play the Sam really hurt his stock this year
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

BBK will be a special teams God in the NFL.

As much as @Dennis_DeYoung hammers him, BBK will fit in well on a few NFL defensive schemes, and all 32 special teams groups.

We know you don't NFL, DDY...just sayin.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    animate said:

Murphy 1st
    Rapp late 1st-2nd
    Mcgary 3-4th, 2nd if he kills it at combine

Oh really?
  • Options
    edited April 2019

I would be pretty surprised to see McGary go in the 1st, even though he'll kill the combine. But two 1sts and a 2nd isn't out of the question.

So are you surprised or naw?
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Houhusky said:

So many NFL GM, scouts, and coaches are legit inbred retards that failed upwards (Sark, Hugh) they care a lot more about “measurables” or raw stats like tackles than a TBSer at a 7 on 7 camp.

Murphy is going first round, he is better than Marcus Peters when he is not busy counting his money and doesn’t have the attacking fans or choking out coaches trait.

Rapp should go 1st or 2nd but is under hyped this year, only has big hits against Rudy and coveys, and is a bit on the smaller side. Budda was early 2nd round but was way more hyped. It would not surprise me to see Rapp fall into the 3rd or even early 4th if he has an average combine.

McGary will test well and be a late 2nd

Gaines is a perfect fit for a team like the bears or Texans, just hold ground in the middle and plug holes, IMO 4th round

Gaskin is going to have to test really well, which is bullshit because he is an amazing RB, but he doesn’t have the appearance of the raw physical attributes fucktards look for, half of nfl GMs would draft dewayne Washington over gaskin: late 4th maybe 5th

Miller gets picked up in the sixth on a flyer.

McGary says to eat his fucking ass!
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,295
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

I would be pretty surprised to see McGary go in the 1st, even though he'll kill the combine. But two 1sts and a 2nd isn't out of the question.

So are you surprised or naw?
    I was surprised
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Because I am board

2020 Draft - Huskies

1st - Eason ( If Daniel Jones can go 6th, Eason is top 5)
    1st - Adams ( Only if the medicals check out)
    1st - Taylor ( He will break out and declare)
    2nd - Onwuzurike (Received a 2nd rd grade last year)
    3rd - Bryant ( 2nd rd if he runs well)
    3rd - Ahmed (Gut feeling)
    5th - Hilbers ( 6'7 and athletic, he will get drafted)
    7th - Harris ( 4 year starter that a team will value)
    7th - M. Bryant ( Going full Doog on this one)
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Because I am board

2020 Draft - Huskies

Levi got 2nd ground grade?
  • Options
    animate said:

McGary has first round talent all the way. I don't get why he's not already being projected as a first round pick. I also don't get why he wasn't voted to All-American teams. He's so underrated right now. 6'7 320, athletic freak. His combine numbers will shock people. 4 year starter, never missed a game. 1st team All-Conference as a Junior and Senior. Voted by his conference opponents as the best offensive lineman in the conference his Senior year (Morris trophy). Performed well against top competition (Bama, USC, Penn State). He's a day one NFL starter and everything the NFL is looking for in a RT.

I would be surprised if Rapp fell to the second. Word has gotten out among NFL scouts about the DB's UW is producing. As a nickel he proved himself to be a ball hawk and a natural play maker. As a deep safety he proved himself to be a lock down, big play eraser. The ball hardly ever came his way this season so he didn't have opportunities to make splash plays. Scouts know that. He does what he's asked to do. Total team player who excels in whatever role he's asked to play.

Three first round picks is happening. Book it.

Oh really?

You see Ballz, this is why you get the grief you get.

You act a certain Aspergerish way around people and you have little to no insight about it.

Yet, you drive the traffic around these boreds and you have relatively accurate to entertaining takes on UW football/recruiting at the same time.
    Thank you :)
  • Options

Because I am board

2020 Draft - Huskies

Most of this is good but are you insane? Black Beast will be a first-round pick, easily. Ahmed will stay for his Senior year.
  • Options

December:

Says Murphy is the #1 or #2 corner in the draft and could see him drafted in top 10.

Says Rapp is the best Safety and would be surprised if he fell to the 2nd round.

Says McGary is athletic freak and doesn’t understand why no one thinks he’s a 1st.

April:

Rushes to bump thread to mock people for saying they’d be surprised if McGary went in the 1st but could see him going in the 2nd (the one projection he got right) but glazes over the fact he said he’d be surprised if Murphy or Rapp fell to 2nd because they are 1st rounders (meaning 2 of his 3 projections were wrong).

It's not my fault so many NFL GM's are retarded. 1 out of 3 is not bad. That's a solid 3-point FG percentage in basketball. Most have Murphy rated as the #1 CB in the draft. Stupid ass Giants with the dumbest GM of all time, Dave Gettleman, drafted the Georgia CB instead of Murphy in the late first. That dude will be another Giants bust. Should have been Murphy but he'll go in the top-40 as a steal. Rapp was a sure-fire first rounder before the 40 yard dash. He plays way faster than 4.7 but whatever. Another 2nd round steal. I'm just happy for McGary. I believed he was a first rounder before anybody else and stuck to it and he got what he deserves.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Because I am board

2020 Draft - Huskies

Why do this in a ballz thread? Make a new one.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Houhusky said:

Because I am board

2020 Draft - Huskies

Most of this is good but are you insane? Black Beast will be a first-round pick, easily. Ahmed will stay for his Senior year.
    Ahmed, he is nowhere near ready, but he will probably get drafted regardless of his field production because he will test really well. If he puts up 1000+ yards and is actually the starter this year I think he leaves if he gets a 3 round or better.

Hunter Bryant is really really small... If he was 6'4"+ and 250+ he could be drafted into the first round like Fant or Hockenson. He is going to be in the bottom 10% of size of TEs ever drafted whenever he is drafted, it wont be in the first round IMO.
    His size doesn't matter. He's 6'2 240-250. He's built like Vernon Davis and Shannon Sharpe. He's a flex TE/slot WR. His blocking will improve this season but he will never be known as a blocker. His value is as a match up nightmare in the passing game which is highly valued. You don't have to be a big TE to be a first round pick.

Ahmed has too much to work on and too much to prove to leave early. He has first round potential if he puts it all together and proves he can be an every down back and a physical/durable back while also being a home run hitter who can break off long TD's at any moment. Long way to go though. Needs as much time and as many carries as possible.