Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Three first rounders on this team?

Comments

• Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    So many NFL GM, scouts, and coaches are legit inbred retards that failed upwards (Sark, Hugh) they care a lot more about “measurables” or raw stats like tackles than a TBSer at a 7 on 7 camp.

Murphy is going first round, he is better than Marcus Peters when he is not busy counting his money and doesn’t have the attacking fans or choking out coaches trait.

Rapp should go 1st or 2nd but is under hyped this year, only has big hits against Rudy and coveys, and is a bit on the smaller side. Budda was early 2nd round but was way more hyped. It would not surprise me to see Rapp fall into the 3rd or even early 4th if he has an average combine.

McGary will test well and be a late 2nd

Gaines is a perfect fit for a team like the bears or Texans, just hold ground in the middle and plug holes, IMO 4th round

Gaskin is going to have to test really well, which is bullshit because he is an amazing RB, but he doesn’t have the appearance of the raw physical attributes fucktards look for, half of nfl GMs would draft dewayne Washington over gaskin: late 4th maybe 5th

Miller gets picked up in the sixth on a flyer.
  • Options
    Fear_BonerFear_Boner Member Posts: 757
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Rapp will rape the combine. He’s got elite short area badassedness. Late 1st.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,527
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    There are NFL scouts saying BBK could go late 1st round.
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

There are NFL scouts saying BBK could go late 1st round.

Was about to say this. I've seen BBK popping up in the last first-early second scouting reports recently. I don't know that he will stick there with his size but if his speed tests well he may, considering his college play.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

1st - Murphy
    2nd - Rapp
    2nd - McGary
    4th - Gaskin
    4th - Miller
    5th - Gaines
    6th - Sample
    6th - Johnson

BBK - God - it's so hard to know because I don't really understand where he'd play in the NFL. I'm going to guess he will be 6-0, 220ish. If he can run a 4.1 or so shuttle and a 4.6 or so 40 he could get as high as the 3rd round. If he doesn't run or jump well, he could fall.

Browning will head straight to the Sac State as a GA.

I’ll be shocked if BBK comes in anywhere near 220. That said, he’s turned into an amazing player and I was dead WRONG about him.

Kudos to him for what he’s done, considering his undersized frame.

He projects as a special teams demon (hat-tip @CuntWaffle ) and situational LB—rounds 5 to 6
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    There are "people" that say bbk fits the changing meta which is smaller, quicker 'backers that can fall into coverage...

So they say.

Perhaps bbk may get some interest from those kinds of teams. He's gotten much better at tackling for sure.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Rapp will rape the combine. He’s got elite short area badassedness. Late 1st.

only question with rapp is his range, everything else looks great
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    BBK could go anywhere between early 2nd - 6th round depending on how he measures and if a John Gruden type motherfucker likes his work ethic, “just a football player” mentality and takes him early anyways.

He is smaller than budda, is going to play LB (not slot corner or safety), and there is no way he tests faster and stronger.

He is basically an non injured scooby Wright? Sooo... 4th round?

Which is still fucking amazing for him
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    McGary has first round talent all the way. I don't get why he's not already being projected as a first round pick. I also don't get why he wasn't voted to All-American teams. He's so underrated right now. 6'7 320, athletic freak. His combine numbers will shock people. 4 year starter, never missed a game. 1st team All-Conference as a Junior and Senior. Voted by his conference opponents as the best offensive lineman in the conference his Senior year (Morris trophy). Performed well against top competition (Bama, USC, Penn State). He's a day one NFL starter and everything the NFL is looking for in a RT.

I would be surprised if Rapp fell to the second. Word has gotten out among NFL scouts about the DB's UW is producing. As a nickel he proved himself to be a ball hawk and a natural play maker. As a deep safety he proved himself to be a lock down, big play eraser. The ball hardly ever came his way this season so he didn't have opportunities to make splash plays. Scouts know that. He does what he's asked to do. Total team player who excels in whatever role he's asked to play.

Three first round picks is happening. Book it.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2018
    Bread said:

Rapp had elite short area quickness. If he can run a 4.4/4.5 he’ll be a late R1 early 2 guy

That's great but there are several 6'3 guys that run a 4.5 and are also 6'3. The only teams that would draft a safety in the first round need a big guy to contest downfield throws to big receivers and short area quickness doesn't make up for a 3" height distance there.
    There really aren’t a bunch of 6’3” safeties. Who are these guys? Rapp is fine. He can play either safety spot.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2018

1st - Murphy
    2nd - Rapp
    2nd - McGary
    4th - Gaskin
    4th - Miller
    5th - Gaines
    6th - Sample
    6th - Johnson

BBK - God - it's so hard to know because I don't really understand where he'd play in the NFL. I'm going to guess he will be 6-0, 220ish. If he can run a 4.1 or so shuttle and a 4.6 or so 40 he could get as high as the 3rd round. If he doesn't run or jump well, he could fall.

I think BBK will run well. Didn’t they have some article about mph and him ranking high? He can run. That’s always been his strength.

There are a lot of undersized LB’s in the NFL. You guys don’t pay attention. You have to be a freak athlete to be a 245-260 pound LB in today’s pass happy NFL. Those days are over. Levon Kirkland would get exposed so fucking fast today.

3rd to 5th round for BBK.
  • Options

1st - Murphy
    2nd - Rapp
    2nd - McGary
    4th - Gaskin
    4th - Miller
    5th - Gaines
    6th - Sample
    6th - Johnson

I think BBK will run well. Didn’t they have some article about mph and him ranking high? He can run. That’s always been his strength.

There are a lot of undersized LB’s in the NFL. You guys don’t pay attention. You have to be a freak athlete to be a 245-260 pound LB in today’s pass happy NFL. Those days are over. Levon Kirkland would get exposed so fucking fast today.

3rd to 5th round for BBK.
    At least you consistent in your love for BBK, agree I think he will 4-6th round
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,979
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Bread said:

Rapp had elite short area quickness. If he can run a 4.4/4.5 he’ll be a late R1 early 2 guy

That's great but there are several 6'3 guys that run a 4.5 and are also 6'3. The only teams that would draft a safety in the first round need a big guy to contest downfield throws to big receivers and short area quickness doesn't make up for a 3" height distance there.
    There really aren’t a bunch of 6’3” safeties. Who are these guys? Rapp is fine. He can play either safety spot.
    Deionte Thompson, Isaiah Simmons, Marvell Tell, Chase Hansen, Jordan Fuller, Will Harris, Marquise Blair, Chris Johnson.

There are plenty this year and None Next year. NFL teams know this. Rapp probably wont get drafted behind all of them. But not very many teams are going to be drafting a safety in the first rounds and the first three guys aren't going to be that far behind rapp in the combine. So unless someone takes a chance on him primarily as nickleback its unlikely he goes early.
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Bread said:

Bread said:

Deionte Thompson, Isaiah Simmons, Marvell Tell, Chase Hansen, Jordan Fuller, Will Harris, Marquise Blair, Chris Johnson.

There are plenty this year and None Next year. NFL teams know this. Rapp probably wont get drafted behind all of them. But not very many teams are going to be drafting a safety in the first rounds and the first three guys aren't going to be that far behind rapp in the combine. So unless someone takes a chance on him primarily as nickleback its unlikely he goes early.
    Literally none of those guys are 6'3". Tell sucks, Harris is meh, Hansen and Simmons are linebackers. Out of those you mentioned only Thompson and Simmons are potential first round picks. Thompson is a free safety only, Simmons is a WLB. Rapp is a box safety or combo safety, or big nickel. I don't think Rapp's draft value is any higher than Budda's, but the NFL undervalued Budda. Rapp plays a similar role but is bigger.
  • Options
    edited December 2018

Bread said:

Bread said:

Literally none of those guys are 6'3". Tell sucks, Harris is meh, Hansen and Simmons are linebackers. Out of those you mentioned only Thompson and Simmons are potential first round picks. Thompson is a free safety only, Simmons is a WLB. Rapp is a box safety or combo safety, or big nickel. I don't think Rapp's draft value is any higher than Budda's, but the NFL undervalued Budda. Rapp plays a similar role but is bigger.
    Budda had smotther hips
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Bread said:

Bread said:

Budda had smotther hips
    Rapp has better hands. Love Budda but he always looked like a retard catching the ball.
  • Options
    edited December 2018

Bread said:

Bread said:

Budda had smotther hips
    Rapp has better hands. Love Budda but he always looked like a retard catching the ball.
    True, Rapp eyes would have at least two more INTs if it weren’t for JoJo trying to kill him this year

IMO budda is much better in slot and shallow coverage still though.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,294
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I’ve seen McGary in a first round mock (along with Rapp and Murphy of course).

I may or may not have sent his Never Beaten Bitch! #EMFA video to an NFL O Line coach.
  • Options
    dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    If Nyheim Hines and Mark Walton can be early to mid 4th rounders in a loaded RB draft class (last year), I’m hoping Gaskin can sneak into the 3rd. Top to bottom this is a much weaker class than the last few years. If he has a good combine and his hands and frame are a little bigger than what is speculated he’s got a chance at late 3rd, but for this excersice I’ll say 4th.

1st - Murphy
    2nd - Rapp
    2nd - McGary
    4th - Gaskin
    4th - Miller - he’ll test well
    5th - Gaines
    5th - BBK - love the guy, but he won’t be a first rounder lol
    Johnson - 6th
    Sample - 7th