Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jerry Seinfeld says the Oscars lost in the Kevin Hart controversy

2»

Comments

• LesGrossmanLesGrossman Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,477 Founders Club
    Swaye said:

Who wants to live in a world where you can't make fun of fags? Except Freddie Mercury. Anyone talks shit on Freddy Mercury I will burn your house village down.

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,594 Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

Who wants to live in a world where you can't make fun of fags? Except Freddie Mercury. Anyone talks shit on Freddy Mercury I will burn your house down.

Teeth too overbitey. But probably an advantage to a blow job giving fag.

Will report back.

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,971
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

I posted this more for the point that a comedian who makes an offensive tweet six years ago is now forced out of hosting the Oscars. This trend we're on as a nation must be reversed or we're going to end up in horrific areas that we can't even imagine.

It wasn't one tweet. And the Oscars are a private business that can do business with who they choose. That's all part of freedom as well. You say stupid shit, you deal with the consequences. That being said, he suffered no damages and is still a successful comedian and actor that makes more than millions. I don't feel bad for the dude even tho I like him. And will still watch him.
    Once again, you either intentionally miss the point or you don't get it. I tend to assume that you intentionally miss the point and move the argument.

I never said the Oscars shouldn't be allowed to do whatever they want to do. I'm not going to waste time and energy explaining it any further to someone who doesn't want to understand and acknowledge the larger point anyway.
    Nah man I get the point. If it were one tweet in jest, it wouldn't have been a big deal. And to me the larger issue is people getting freaked out about what comedians say on stage in a paid show. That is private, if you don't like what the comedian says, don't go to the show.

But I don't see an issue in this instance, given the content of his tweets and the amount of them, with him getting removed from the Oscars.

Our country is moving in a direction where it's not ok to use the N word (which given my like of 90s hip hop....). It's not ok to hate on gay people. It's not ok to fat shame. Whatever it is. I personally think that's a good thing, people should have respect for others. Just like this place, we are a group of assholes and most of us are anonymous and we all have our schtick and I generally laugh at whatever. And I wasn't offended by Hart's tweets, but I understand why many people were.

As a public figure, like it or not, there is a bar that if you cross, there are consequences. With social media, it's bringing a whole other level of issues.
    People generally hate each other by nature.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,853

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

I posted this more for the point that a comedian who makes an offensive tweet six years ago is now forced out of hosting the Oscars. This trend we're on as a nation must be reversed or we're going to end up in horrific areas that we can't even imagine.

It wasn't one tweet. And the Oscars are a private business that can do business with who they choose. That's all part of freedom as well. You say stupid shit, you deal with the consequences. That being said, he suffered no damages and is still a successful comedian and actor that makes more than millions. I don't feel bad for the dude even tho I like him. And will still watch him.
    Once again, you either intentionally miss the point or you don't get it. I tend to assume that you intentionally miss the point and move the argument.

I never said the Oscars shouldn't be allowed to do whatever they want to do. I'm not going to waste time and energy explaining it any further to someone who doesn't want to understand and acknowledge the larger point anyway.
    Nah man I get the point. If it were one tweet in jest, it wouldn't have been a big deal. And to me the larger issue is people getting freaked out about what comedians say on stage in a paid show. That is private, if you don't like what the comedian says, don't go to the show.

But I don't see an issue in this instance, given the content of his tweets and the amount of them, with him getting removed from the Oscars.

Our country is moving in a direction where it's not ok to use the N word (which given my like of 90s hip hop....). It's not ok to hate on gay people. It's not ok to fat shame. Whatever it is. I personally think that's a good thing, people should have respect for others. Just like this place, we are a group of assholes and most of us are anonymous and we all have our schtick and I generally laugh at whatever. And I wasn't offended by Hart's tweets, but I understand why many people were.

As a public figure, like it or not, there is a bar that if you cross, there are consequences. With social media, it's bringing a whole other level of issues.
    People generally hate each other by nature.
    I mainly hate fat people

And ugly girls
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,530 Founders Club
    Swaye said:

Who wants to live in a world where you can't make fun of fags? Except Freddie Mercury. Anyone talks shit on Freddy Mercury I will burn your house down.

And Rob Halford
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,890 Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

If by ‘issues’ you mean spineless pussies overreacting to meaningless shit, yeah...that.

Whatever happened to sticks and stones may break my bones.....?!? First graders could figure that out.
    Yes but as a public figure, you can't say that shit. As a boss, I can't tell the hot 23 year old intern that she's fucking hot and I'd love to get with that. That was acceptable and pretty much understood 30 years ago. This is just another evolution in our society.
    Dream on. No hot 23 year old intern will work for you, ever.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

If by ‘issues’ you mean spineless pussies overreacting to meaningless shit, yeah...that.

Whatever happened to sticks and stones may break my bones.....?!? First graders could figure that out.
    Yes but as a public figure, you can't say that shit. As a boss, I can't tell the hot 23 year old intern that she's fucking hot and I'd love to get with that. That was acceptable and pretty much understood 30 years ago. This is just another evolution in our society.
    Dream on. No hot 23 year old intern will work for you, ever.
    Sic burn bro
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    I

Seinfeld is now getting ripped for a round table discussion from six years ago between he, Chris Rock, Louis CK and Ricky Gervais on the use of the N-word in comedy.

Bunch of fucking whacks who have no discernment of intelligent discussion or the very real role being offensive in comedy has in addressing social injustices.

Lenny Bruce, Richard Pryor, Dick Gregory - all crosses the line of good taste to prove their points.

This will soon die at the hands of the SJWs.

The Kevin Hart stuff was stupid, but had actual repercussions.

The Chris Rock, Louis CK thing is already over. Same for the Kyler Murray incident. People get upset for a day on twitter and forget about it. Just ignore it. Very few actually care, but it gives the news and twitter users something to pretend that they care about.
  • Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,974
    Nobody is forcing anybody to expose themselves to language they don't want to hear. Until that happens, everyone needs to stop judging other people for what they say. Oh, you don't like what a comedian said in his act? Well that's on you for exposing yourself to it. Give people their space to be be themselves. Nobody should feel sorry for a person who sticks their hand into a lion's cage.

Not sure if a comedian is going to offend you? Don't watch them perform. Don't read their twitter. Hell, don't read any newspapers who quote people in headlines. It's your responsibility to take care of what you do and don't expose yourself to when it comes to entertainment. Fuck, what's even the point of having agencies like the ESRB if people are just gonna expose themselves to and bitch about content they don't like anyway?

Nobody is forcing anybody to expose themselves to language they don't want to hear. Until that happens, everyone needs to stop judging other people for what they say. Oh, you don't like what a comedian said in his act? Well that's on you for exposing yourself to it. Give people their space to be be themselves. Nobody should feel sorry for a person who sticks their hand into a lion's cage.

Not sure if a comedian is going to offend you? Don't watch them perform. Don't read their twitter. Hell, don't read any newspapers who quote people in headlines. It's your responsibility to take care of what you do and don't expose yourself to when it comes to entertainment. Fuck, what's even the point of having agencies like the ESRB if people are just gonna expose themselves to and bitch about content they don't like anyway?

How will people who are addicted to getting offended get their fix unless they are actively looking for something to be offended by? Bet you never even thought of that huh?
    Same way as the rest of us. Jerk off furiously.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,666 Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

blah blah you don't get it. blah blah blah

@2001400ex fixed Stalin's reply to you to what he actually meant

I guess the public figure comment you made doesn't apply to King James - he can say whatever he wants and not catch hell from anyone.

also the hot babe you talk about - you meant the hot guy? people would believe that...

How will people who are addicted to getting offended get their fix unless they are actively looking for something to be offended by? Bet you never even thought of that huh?
    Your post offends me.

Your post offends me.
    This mental masturbation keeps up, we're all going to be like @GrandpaSankey

Your post offends me.
    This mental masturbation keeps up, we're all going to be like @GrandpaSankey
    You said 'masturbation'.

I laffed like @Swaye 'a idiot hyena.