Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

My take on the 2019 class...

2»

Comments

• Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

LebamDawg said:

@Swaye Good write up - one question - what site were you referring to on the "high standards" comment? are you joining the others and abandoning this crew? oops that is two questions. not good at maff

Just in general saying having high standards is a good thing. Like even when we sign our best class ever, it still could have been better.

I would NEVER abandon this crew. Ever. In fact, I may even get more involved around these recruiting parts. Strange days.
    Sway has been reading the chicken bones and smoking peyote to see what the future holds!
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

LebamDawg said:

@Swaye Good write up - one question - what site were you referring to on the "high standards" comment? are you joining the others and abandoning this crew? oops that is two questions. not good at maff

Just in general saying having high standards is a good thing. Like even when we sign our best class ever, it still could have been better.

I would NEVER abandon this crew. Ever. In fact, I may even get more involved around these recruiting parts. Strange days.
    R u going to talk to spirits again? Tell @SpiritHorse to poast more
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,478
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

Here is the simpleton take on how we did. Since I have no metrics to rank anything based on, I will go with my own useless tiered scale of how each position group makes me feel.

Pissed off
    Disappointed
    Satisfied
    Pleased
    Elated (roughly translates to a have a huge boner right now)

Let's start with offense, which is decidedly mixed.

QB - Morris

He looks okay to me. Not great. Okay. Pretty good I guess. Elite 11 and all. But I get this weird feeling he is just a less awkward Jake Browning type. I like Eason/Sirmon cannon arm big guy type QB's, but what do I know? Oh, and fuck Cale Millen. And really, NOGAF about either of them anyway because In Huard I Trust. So, I guess I am satisfied here.

RB - Davis

I like him. I think we did okay here. Not out of this world, but very very solid pick up. I don't see MMFG level here, but perhaps Sankey level, which would still be damn good. I'm pleased, but not elated.

edit: Moved down to disappointed after @Woof reminded me we took Dick Newton last year and whiffed on a couple other great RBs this year. Bonerpoper sucks my asshole.

TE - [Paopao is a cunt]

Fuck you Paopao you worthless fuck. I'm fucking Pissed Off! If we get Martinez or Patterson, this will move to disappointed. Just a terrible year for us here, like every year unless a gift like Black Beast falls into Paopao's lap. If he is retained we should just burn the whole fucking program to the ground.

OL - Kalepo, Beulow, Fautanu, Luciano

Kalepo and Beulow are total freaks, and Fautanu gives me a boner. I know nothing about Luciano and don't care, but I hear is is okay. Huff is fucking. Grade here is pleased, because while I love all three of our top dogs, there isn't some surefire Sarell type in the bunch. I think one or two of them (hell maybe all three) will end up as all conference types, but there isn't some best on the West Coast type talent there. So yeah, I'm pleased.

WR - Davis

He seems okay, I mean, I like him. He'd be a great 3'rd WR in a 3 WR class. As the only piece of the puzzle though, I am disappointed. When you consider we totally blew it on Ngata, I am pissed off! Lots of room for movement here though. We land Ford or Nacua, we instantly rise to somewhere between satisfied and pleased. We land them both, and it's a strong pleased.

Okay, on to defense, where our results are much more boner inducing.

DL - Paama, Ngalu, Bandes, Tui

My boner cannot be contained. Elated barely does it justice. 3 of the 4 top DL's on the entire West Coast, in one class. This is a whole different level than any position group I can remember, or even remember hearing about. I would suck Malloe off in Red Square and give him 10 minutes to draw a crowd. Top shelf work.

Buck - Trice, Latu

Pleased. Very pleased. Trice was a good get, especially considering our issues here in the past, but Latu is a different kind of creature. This almost made elated because of our past history with this position, and if Trice was a Latu type, it would have. Still close, and a fucking great job by Kwat and others. Our best RUSH class in YEARS.

LB - Ah You, Tuputala, Calvert

I am pleased with this one, because I think Ah You is a pipeline recruit, Tuputala is criminally underrated, and Calvert is just a bad ass even though is he a white devil. It's a very strong class. If we add Danny Hammers, I go to elated on this one because I think we will have recruited 2 of the top 5 LBers on the west coast, with Tuputala as a top 10 type. If Gregory did all this I might not fire him. Who am I kidding? Fire his ass anyway.

DB's - Fab, McDuffie, Williams

Basically a repeat of the above for LBers. Pleased right now, and if Asa signs I will move to elated. Nothing to really say here. All three of the guys we got are great, as you expect from Lake. Close Turner and let my boner be free!

So, looking ahead to 2020 I think we have some critical needs. Of course we want every class to be chock full or elite guys everywhere, but there are some specific places we need to focus on I think next year. Priorities moving forward for 2020 class:

TE: Please fire Paopao so we can get a good TE or two. Black Beast will leave soon, Sample is gone, and Otten can't do it all. Add in the Culp stuff and we need a top end haul here. Now.

WR: This is obvious. Great job with the 2018 class, then shit all over ourselves this year. Cannot do that back to back. Fix it now.

OL: I have been pleased for two years in a row, but not elated either year. Need another strong performance next year from Huff.

Buck: We need follow up our success this year with back to back classes of bad assery, and what do you know, the #2 croot in the country lives in our back yard and happens to be a Buck. DO NOT FUCK THIS UP KWAT.

Here's some tits for reading:

This post in no way indicates my desire to become the recruiting leader for this place. I am an idiot. I just wanted to post my thoughts. Fuck off.

Savage takes.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Meek said:

tough crowd...arguably the greatest class UW has signed in the rankings era and we're critiquing.

i am all boner all over

rum & egg nog season bitches!!!

2 parts Maker's Mark

freshly poured glass.

You can thank me later.
    FTFY.