Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

We? should have recruited Cale Millen

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

RealRhino said:

Do you like Dylan Morris better? Who cares? Question is if you like him better enough.

Is the gap big enough to turn away a legacy whose father has one of the biggest platforms in Seattle to promote Husky football? I don’t think so. Frankly it looks like a wash to me and Morris doesn’t look like starter material. So now we have Millen hedging ON AIR instead of promoting. Not worth it.

Oregon passed over their assistant coach's son to take Cale.

You take the kid you like the best, period. You can't worry about whose kid he is.

Axe @ApostleofGrief about nepotism.
    This. This is big boy football, big boy big bidness. Peterman is being paid handsomely to manage this. If he shows a pattern of fucking it up, fire him. If not, don't worry about it and move on.

Huge Mellon is not going to make or break Husky football, at the margin or otherwise.

Trust me. I'm pretend lawyer.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

RealRhino said:

Do you like Dylan Morris better? Who cares? Question is if you like him better enough.

Is the gap big enough to turn away a legacy whose father has one of the biggest platforms in Seattle to promote Husky football? I don’t think so. Frankly it looks like a wash to me and Morris doesn’t look like starter material. So now we have Millen hedging ON AIR instead of promoting. Not worth it.

You take the kid you like the best, period. You can't worry about whose kid he is.

This. This is big boy football, big boy big bidness. Peterman is being paid handsomely to manage this. If he shows a pattern of fucking it up, fire him. If not, don't worry about it and move on.

Huge Mellon is not going to make or break Husky football, at the margin or otherwise.

Slurp slurp slurp slurp slurp slurp
  • Options
    edited December 2018

Hugh is a useless radio host who can’t even speak in complete sentences. And he’ll still doog it up as usual with Cale at Oregon. And if he doesn’t nobody will give a shit.

I cannot wait till we have this conversation about Jake Browning’s son.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!
    You could do the Spider-Man look alike meme for both of these guys who got all the press for not losing games that the defense was winning.

Hugh is hated by everyone on that 84 team. My pops hates Jake with every part of his soul but still says that 84 team beats everyone by 20 if he plays instead of Hugh. How good must the defense have been for you to win basically a natty with your QB throwing 2 interceptions for every TD he threw. Imagine the doog shit that must have been said back then “Hugh would have way less INT’a if 1984 Aaron Fuller would just run through his route & fight back for the ball”
    I don't think this is actually true. I know some of the dudes from the '84 team, and I'm socially one degree removed from Hugh, through one of his oldest and best friends. There's a lot to say about Hugh, but you can't say (1) he's stupid, (2) everyone who played with him hates him, or (3) his wife isn't hot. None of those statements are remotely accurate. Re (2), Hugh is a quintessential UW frat boy, and the one thing those guys do well is maintain a circle of friends, and Hugh has a big circle.

Fun fact of the day: the guy who doesn't, or at least did not, like Hugh is Pelluer, and that's pretty locked down true. If you know Steve, you know he's very laid back, and very, very Christian, and has been for most of his life. He's a very decent and down to earth guy, and he takes his religious life pretty seriously. Here is a guy who could have pulled down any level of ass he wanted to, and did not live that life based on principle. Millen, of course, nailed anything that walked on two legs. Pelluer didn't really approve of Millen and the way he carried himself at Washington. While "hate" is never the word you'd use to describe how Steve P. feels about someone, because I don't think he's capable of it, Millen was not his favorite person, and they were not buds by any stretch of the imagination.
  • Options

RealRhino said:

I don't understand why you give the slurp slurp.
  • Options

RealRhino said:

Axe mario
  • Options

RealRhino said:

Axe mario
    I told you he can recruit.
  • Options

RealRhino said:

Axe mario
    How’s Coones crootin’ doing Creep?
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Sark offers 3-star QB Marcus Mariota. Mariota wants to go to UW but then Oregon offers and his mom pushes him to Oregon which at that time, wasn't a difficult decision to make.

Petersen comes close to offering 3-star QB Justin Herbert but doesn't because of a broken leg in high school. Herbert's fathers says that if Herbert had gotten the UW offer, he would have been a Dawg.

Petersen offers a midget QB super early before a 3-star legacy QB has a chance to grow and develop. Said legacy QB grows to be 6'4, has a better Senior season than the midget, and goes on to sign with Oregon. I don't like this trend. Can we stop allowing 3-star hidden gem quarter backs to go to fucking Oregon and come back to bite us in the ass?

Jacob Sirmon
    Colson Yankoff
    Sam Huard

It’ll be fine.
    It’s way too early, but I think Yankoff and Sirmon will be busts. I was a big Yankoff guy, but realy reports are his arm sucks. Sirmon doesn’t have it between the ears.
    I think one of them will pan out but it does have a Cyler/Mercer-Island-kid-who’s-name-I’ve-already-forgotten feel to it.
    Why do you hate Jeff Lindquist?
  • Options
    edited December 2018

RealRhino said:

Axe mario
    Badly.

There are still some guys out there who are committed and expected to sign ... Bogle would help a lot. Problem is most of the elite guys are defenders, and Miami needs to find an offense.
  • Options
    BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Sark offers 3-star QB Marcus Mariota. Mariota wants to go to UW but then Oregon offers and his mom pushes him to Oregon which at that time, wasn't a difficult decision to make.

Petersen comes close to offering 3-star QB Justin Herbert but doesn't because of a broken leg in high school. Herbert's fathers says that if Herbert had gotten the UW offer, he would have been a Dawg.

Petersen offers a midget QB super early before a 3-star legacy QB has a chance to grow and develop. Said legacy QB grows to be 6'4, has a better Senior season than the midget, and goes on to sign with Oregon. I don't like this trend. Can we stop allowing 3-star hidden gem quarter backs to go to fucking Oregon and come back to bite us in the ass?

Jacob Sirmon
    Colson Yankoff
    Sam Huard

It’ll be fine.
    It’s way too early, but I think Yankoff and Sirmon will be busts. I was a big Yankoff guy, but realy reports are his arm sucks.

I thought Eason's sideline act was an ode to Yankoff? Which led me to think Yankoff must be pretty good.

• Options

RealRhino said:

Axe mario
    Badly.

There are still some guys out there who are committed and expected to sign ... Bogle would help a lot. Problem is most of the elite guys are defenders, and Miami needs to find an offense.
    Why was Jeff Thomas booted from the team?
  • Options

RealRhino said:

Axe mario
    Badly.

I don't have the skinny on it because at this point IDRGAF. I did at the tim but now it just doesn't matter. He's a bit of a head case, as chronicled in some 30/30 that he was in when he was in HS in St Louis. So I'm sure he did something.

That said, he was their playmaker and when they booted him all hope for scoring points against good defenses went out he window.

If Lawrence Cager can get more consistent and not drop the ball in key situations he could be a monster, but he's a different kind of player. Thomas is just a dangerous kid anywhere on the field. Too bad. Sad. Sad, really.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Jacob Sirmon
    Colson Yankoff
    Sam Huard

It’ll be fine.
    It’s way too early, but I think Yankoff and Sirmon will be busts. I was a big Yankoff guy, but realy reports are his arm sucks. Sirmon doesn’t have it between the ears.
    WAS???

sure.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2018

RealRhino said:

Axe mario
    Badly.

I don't have the skinny on it because at this point IDRGAF. I did at the tim but now it just doesn't matter. He's a bit of a head case, as chronicled in some 30/30 that he was in when he was in HS in St Louis. So I'm sure he did something.

That said, he was their playmaker and when they booted him all hope for scoring points against good defenses went out he window.

If Lawrence Cager can get more consistent and not drop the ball in key situations he could be a monster, but he's a different kind of player. Thomas is just a dangerous kid anywhere on the field. Too bad. Sad. Sad, really.
    Too bad that Richards kid fucked up his neck too.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    why is this thread still going?
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,464
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited December 2018

Hugh is a useless radio host who can’t even speak in complete sentences. And he’ll still doog it up as usual with Cale at Oregon. And if he doesn’t nobody will give a shit.

I cannot wait till we have this conversation about Jake Browning’s son.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!
    Is that Japanese Spider-Man?
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,974
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Baphomet said:

Jacob Sirmon
    Colson Yankoff
    Sam Huard

It’ll be fine.
    It’s way too early, but I think Yankoff and Sirmon will be busts. I was a big Yankoff guy, but realy reports are his arm sucks.

I thought Eason's sideline act was an ode to Yankoff? Which led me to think Yankoff must be pretty good.

If Bush has a sense of humor, this could become a hand signal audible
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I haven’t watched Cale’s senior film with any seriousness, but I suspect we made the wrong decision. Dylan is fine, but he’s a 3-star kid who looked great as a sophomore and was almost 5-star.

He’s just kind of stuck to that anchor point and people have adjusted away from him being a top 100 player as a sophomore.

If he’d had one year of film and looked like this, he’d be going to Cal.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

I haven’t watched Cale’s senior film with any seriousness, but I suspect we made the wrong decision. Dylan is fine, but he’s a 3-star kid who looked great as a sophomore and was almost 5-star.

He’s just kind of stuck to that anchor point and people have adjusted away from him being a top 100 player as a sophomore.

If he’d had one year of film and looked like this, he’d be going to Cal.

This is a FWIW. Andrew Nemec who covers recruiting for the Ducks has seen Morris play numerous times. He has extremely high praise for the kid mentioning things like he has never seen a high school kid with a better grasp of the offense and also that he can make every kind of throw. For someone who has every reason to belittle Husky recruits his comments made me sit up and take notice. Lets not downgrade the kid just yet.