Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

We could easily be preseason Pac-12 North favorites in 2014

OOC is ridiculously easy. 4-0 should be a lock.

@Hawaii
EWU
Illinois
Georgia State

Plunger x4

Conference home games:

Stanford
ASU
UCLA
OSU

All the difficult games outside of Oregon are at home, and we're pretty damn good at Husky Stadium. Stanford will be wayyy down, ASU loses a ton as well. UCLA could be tough, but good teams win tough games at home so if we are what we should be, we win this one (especially if Hundley leaves). OSU sucks.

Conference road games:

Arizona
Cal
Colorado
Oregon
WSU

Zona should be a competitive game that we win. Cal, Colorado both max plungers. Oregon, if Mariota leaves, should be more than winnable. They're fading fast, and depending on how we're both playing leading up to this game I could see us being 1-2 point favorites going in. The WSU game actually scares me the most here. We could be playing with the North championship on the line, and they're getting better every year. Imagine going into Pullman with 10-11 wins... They'd be more than fired up to knock us off. Only upside is that their student section will be empty for every single Apple Cup in the near future.

It really all comes down to how much we get out of the QB position. I think the defense will be one of the best we've seen in a long time. Only real difference maker we lose is Parker (assuming Shelton doesn't leave), and we've been fairly successful in reloading DBs under Sark. Could be tricky replacing 3 out of 4 starts in the backfield though.

Comments

• I see four conference losses still. No way he wins at Autzen, wins at Arizona and probably loses in Pullman again.

He'll lose at least one home game probably to UCLA.

This team will go 9-4 in the regular season, Doogs will claim progress but once again we'll only be 5-4 in conference.
  • ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,811

I see four conference losses still. No way he wins at Autzen, wins at Arizona and probably loses in Pullman again.

This team will go 9-4 in the regular season, Doogs will claim progress but once again we'll only be 5-4 in conference.

Idk, I think we only drop a couple. One if it's a special season. I really think we beat Oregon next year though, on the road or otherwise.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    I'd still give the nod to Oregon, but not by much. The north looks way behind the south next year. Stanford's offensive line is really good but it's still young. Can't count them out when that line gets another year together. Sanders can also be special, they will lose a lot on defense though
  • Haid_D_SalaamiHaid_D_Salaami Member Posts: 541

@Hawaii
    EWU
    Illinois
    Georgia State

Plunger x4

Conference home games:

Stanford
    ASU
    UCLA
    OSU

All the difficult games outside of Oregon are at home, and we're pretty damn good at Husky Stadium. Stanford will be wayyy down, ASU loses a ton as well. UCLA could be tough, but good teams win tough games at home so if we are what we should be, we win this one (especially if Hundley leaves). OSU sucks.

Conference road games:

Arizona
    Cal
    Colorado
    Oregon
    WSU

Zona should be a competitive game that we win. Cal, Colorado both max plungers. Oregon, if Mariota leaves, should be more than winnable. They're fading fast, and depending on how we're both playing leading up to this game I could see us being 1-2 point favorites going in. The WSU game actually scares me the most here. We could be playing with the North championship on the line, and they're getting better every year. Imagine going into Pullman with 10-11 wins... They'd be more than fired up to knock us off. Only upside is that their student section will be empty for every single Apple Cup in the near future.

It really all comes down to how much we get out of the QB position. I think the defense will be one of the best we've seen in a long time. Only real difference maker we lose is Parker (assuming Shelton doesn't leave), and we've been fairly successful in reloading DBs under Sark. Could be tricky replacing 3 out of 4 starts in the backfield though.

UCLA and ASU still have far superior coaches.

"Oregon fading fast"? UW hasn't beat the ducks since before my fucking hair went gray. Not gonna win at Autzen. And Sarkingham has yet to win in the state of Arizona.

5-4 in conference.... Same shit different day. Progress! Sorry you can't see it.

Now that we have that settled...

LEAVE!
  • I see four conference losses still. No way he wins at Autzen, wins at Arizona and probably loses in Pullman again.

Idk, I think we only drop a couple. One if it's a special season. I really think we beat Oregon next year though, on the road or otherwise.
    Have you seen Sark's road record? Don't start Dooging it up after two wins.

He has never had a season where he has had a winning record on the road.
  • uw2010uw2010 Member Posts: 940
    edited November 2013
    Do we really miss USC two years in a row?
    Fuck off new Pac-12. So much for tradition.
  • uw2010 said:

Yes we do. Sark's record is really enhanced by Pac-12 expansion and soft OOC schedule.

In 2011 and 2012 he faced Utah/Colorado instead of UCLA/ASU where he is 1-5 against.

This year instead of USC he is again facing Colorado. Changes everything for Sarkingham.
  • ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,811
    uw2010 said:

Ya it's really weird. Don't think we have a game in LA at all next year which was a huge argument during realignment.
  • DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    I personally hope they screw up and vote us preseason favorite. That way the doogs can't claim success when we go 5-4 in conference again.
  • Haid_D_SalaamiHaid_D_Salaami Member Posts: 541

I see four conference losses still. No way he wins at Autzen, wins at Arizona and probably loses in Pullman again.

And after 3 or 4 percs and a pint of Stoly I think I can fly....
    Problem is that it's a fucking illusion.

HTH

• I see potentially more incremental progress in 2014. The problem is that the incremental progress should have been in 2011-2012 setting up for bcs bowl runs in 13 & 14. The conference schedule is easy. Go 3-1 at home, Col & Cal = 5….beat UA or WSU and thats a 10-3 regular season. The most worthless 10 regular season wins ever. 2015 I expect to drop back to 7-6.

Agree the time to go 8-4 in the regular season while being content was during year three.

In years five and six with the schedule/talent those were the years to seriously contend for a BCS berth.

Instead we'll go 8-5(judging our celebration I doubt we win the bowl game) and 9-5 in those years then drop back to 7-6/6-6 in 2015.

This year should have been a 10-3/11-2 and next year should be a serious shot at the Rose Bowl given the North will be pretty down.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,120 Founders Club
    4-0 OOC
    5-4 in conference
    Shit bowl win

10-4 special season
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    PurpleJ said:

4-0 OOC
    5-4 in conference
    Shit bowl win

10-4 special season

13 game regular seasons are swell for stat padders!
  • This year was the year. There was no excuse for being out of Rose Bowl contention that early in the year with the talent level this team had (yes the season is over, who the fuck cares about the bowl game any game after ASU). Next year, Sark won't have Sankey to bail him out in the 2nd half after calling a brutal 1st half. The schedule might be (somehow) way easier next year but we are still going 5-4 in conference.

STAY!
  • trackertracker Member Posts: 866

@Hawaii
    EWU
    Illinois
    Georgia State

Plunger x4

Conference home games:

Stanford
    ASU
    UCLA
    OSU

Conference road games:

Arizona
    Cal
    Colorado
    Oregon
    WSU

Are we better because we're better, or are we better because the schedule has been dumbed-down, we miss USC again, and many other PAC teams are expected to have down years?

That's what you expect for Washington?
    That's making progress?
    Really?

Fuck.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    Did I miss the new coaching hire? Fuck I need to pay attention more to Doog football
  • golddog17golddog17 Member Posts: 121
    In 1994 the season started out
    USC
    Ohio State
    Miami FL
    UCLA
    San Jose St

A little different 20 years later
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    golddog17 said:

In 1994 the season started out
    USC
    Ohio State
    Miami FL
    UCLA
    San Jose St

A little different 20 years later

If you can't see the improvement in this team through year 5 - perhaps you should step away from the keyboard and take a walk with the wife to gain some perspective.

Idaho State Bengals have surpassed the LSU tigres of yesteryear.

This is Warshington football.