Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Thoughts on defensive coaches now?

I really like Sirmon, John Timu has gotten way better since he got here. Keith Heyward also seem to have given our secondary quite a boost.

I will give Tosh another year because we have a back up Tight End on the D-Line because Sark sucks at recruiting both sides of the line.

Wilcox it's tough, I think he did a little better this year but next year this unit should be a lot better or he will probably need to go.

Comments

• oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    Aliotti might be available after this season. He fucking better be.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    I'd still fire them all.
  • Haid_D_SalaamiHaid_D_Salaami Member Posts: 541
    Peters has been good....Jamora (Kikaha or whateverthefuck he's calling himself now),Timu, Evan Hudson....a lot of guys have shown promise. Wilcox hasn't been a complete dumpster fire when Sark's magnificent play calling has kept the ball moving and let the D have some breathing room. I'd give him a little rope yet...
  • The_UndertakerThe_Undertaker Member Posts: 521
    edited November 2013
    Overall I still have a good opinion of Wilcox. We can always point out to the 1 or 2 games per year where his defense sucked, but there really aren't many teams that shut down the opponent 12 times a season in a college football world with basketball scores.

I had watched the Cougs quite a lot recently, and I thought the gameplan and play calling were great yesterday by the defense. We defended really well the short passes, which is the bread and butter of their scheme. In many cases Holliday couldn't get rid of the ball as fast as the play called for. When he did, I thought Sean Parker was a key player. He was flying all over the field to limit the gains. Shaq was good in that regard too. Kikaha and the DL did their job well.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    D.A.O. the whole lot.

Xbox Tosh can stay until LOI day to make up for the failed "massacre" of last year.

No Beef? Get in the Soup line at Yarrow Point Yacht Club with beanie brah.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,159
    The games Wilcox has had trouble in are the same games where the offensive genius is going 3 and out after 3 and out. If you put the D on the field that much they're gonna get run down eventually