Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Free Pub for RedmondLongHorn

DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
edited December 2018 in Hardcore Husky Board
@AIRWOLF getting some love in a recent Athletic article on Nick Harris:

“I think it’s funny that a lot of people are like, ‘Oh, he’s too short,’ ” Browning said of Burr-Kirven, who is listed at 6-0 and 220 pounds. “I’m too short, and I don’t have a strong enough arm. Myles (Gaskin) is too short. But I think we’ve won a lot of games in the Pac-12 with people who are ‘too-something’ and ‘not good enough’ for this or that.”

Though Browning himself was a four-star recruit, he is correct that UW’s roster has key players who far exceeded their recruiting projections. As Twitter user CFB Data Lab noted, 12 of UW’s 20 first-team all-conference selections the past three seasons received a recruiting ranking of three or fewer stars. Seven of the 12 were Petersen recruits, including current players Harris, Burr-Kirven, Gaskin, safety Taylor Rapp and defensive tackle Greg Gaines. Another starter, nickel back Myles Bryant, a 5-8 former walk-on, earned second-team all-conference honors this season. And the only offensive player in the 2016 class rated lower than Harris was Fuller, who established himself this season as UW’s top receiver.

Comments