Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

FYFMFE

Comments

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,946

HuskyJW said:

If there is one thing Oregon is known for its taking 4-star and 5-star defensive lineman and turning them into monsters

I assume this is bein sarcastic but they e produced a shit ton of great pass rushers the past ten to fifteen years. Probably their strongest position unless you’re one of the quirks who wants to argue they have a great history of QBs even though they’re all in the CFL.
    JW is 94% doog. This is doogery or whooshery by the 4%.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,162
    That’s probably a bigger get than Armstead or Deanthony Thomas. If we’re lucky his career will be as underwhelming as Armstead’s was.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,526 Standard Supporter
    Does it have a fried chicken scent?

ISAFNRC
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,333 Swaye's Wigwam

HuskyJW said:

If there is one thing Oregon is known for its taking 4-star and 5-star defensive lineman and turning them into monsters

I assume this is bein sarcastic but they e produced a shit ton of great pass rushers the past ten to fifteen years. Probably their strongest position unless you’re one of the quirks who wants to argue they have a great history of QBs even though they’re all in the CFL.
    Ok!!
  • SECGRIDIRONSECGRIDIRON Member Posts: 93

Does it have a fried chicken scent?

ISAFNRC
    KFC??

Sold out

edited December 2018

HuskyJW said:

Look....you wanna suck their dicks? Feel free. The talent they have had over the years and their lack of total success borders on absolute criminal Go ahead....tell me the 4* and 5* DL that have become good/great. I will give you just as many that became a total bust
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    HuskyJW said:

HuskyJW said:

Go ahead....tell me the 4* and 5* DL that have become good/great. I will give you just as many that became a total bust
    DeForest Buckner - 2016 first round pick (7) (4 star recruit)
    Arik Armstead- 2015 first round pick (17) (5 star recruit)
    Dion Jordan - 2013 first round pick (3) (4 star recruit)

In that same time period UW has Vita Via and Danny Shelton, who would slot in at the third and fourth highest picks on that list.

More importantly, everyone of those Oregon picks were DE's. They've produced 3 first rounders at DE in the past 5 drafts and 2 of them were picked in the top 10.

Thibodeaux is a DE. It's not hard to see what he's thinking here.

(If you want to expand beyond the first round you get:

UO
    Taylor Hart (5th round)

UW
    Elijah Qualls (6th round)

Nothing really changes here.)
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,570

That’s probably a bigger get than Armstead or Deanthony Thomas. If we’re lucky his career will be as underwhelming as Armstead’s was.

I thought armstead was rated so highly as a LT, not DT. Usc and the other big schools after him insisted he play LT in college (where he would have been crazy good) but he really wanted to play DT (where he was clearly not as good of a DL as an OL). Oregon was the only school who was gonna let him play defense. That and usc tried to kill his brother.

HuskyJW said:

HuskyJW said:

Go ahead....tell me the 4* and 5* DL that have become good/great. I will give you just as many that became a total bust

In that same time period UW has Vita Via and Danny Shelton, who would slot in at the third and fourth highest picks on that list.

More importantly, everyone of those Oregon picks were DE's. They've produced 3 first rounders at DE in the past 5 drafts and 2 of them were picked in the top 10.

UO
    Taylor Hart (5th round)

UW

Congrats you are comparing 4-star and 5-star recruits to 3 star defensive tackles.

Canton....5* bust
    Prevot....4* bust
    Balducci...4* bust

We can do this all day.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    HuskyJW said:

HuskyJW said:

HuskyJW said:

UO
    Taylor Hart (5th round)

UW

Congrats you are comparing 4-star and 5-star recruits to 3 star defensive tackles.

Canton....5* bust
    Prevot....4* bust
    Balducci...4* bust

We can do this all day.
    Danny Shelton wasn't a 3 star.

HuskyJW said:

HuskyJW said:

HuskyJW said:

UO
    Taylor Hart (5th round)

UW

Canton....5* bust
    Prevot....4* bust
    Balducci...4* bust

We can do this all day.

Ugh.

You're not getting it.

GO REDBOX!
  • PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,209 Swaye's Wigwam
    I’m as much a doog as the next but man there are some but hurt doogs on this board over this. I can partially understand why a top recruit would be lured to Oregon due to its facilities and flare but in totality it makes little sense to me how a substandard academic university in the middle of no where can recruit so well. Regardless, Oregon has been able to land talent and Thibodeaux is damn good. Deal with it and then get the fuck over it. Oregon is going to keep recruiting well as long as they keep dumping all their $ into athletics. They care more about football than school and our elitist academic
    attitude changes nothing about that. The PAC12 runs through the North. Better competition, better rivalry and better national recognition for Washington, Stanford and Oregon. It also helps that WSU has been playing well too.

And look, I don’t trust programs like Oregon to play week to week solid team football due to their personnel, but once again they are loading up with talent and at any given time they have the potential to be in national prominence and a CFP team.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    edited December 2018
    Baseman said:

That’s an SEC RANT homer gif....

Good jerb anyway...
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,236
    Good pickup for Oregon.
    Paging RANT now...Will find those gifs to add.

Paging RANT now...Will find those gifs to add.

Oh gatdam, done got tangled up in that fest and one can expend all ammo there and never get no traction... suminabitch.

I’ll keep trying
    edited December 2018
    HuskyJW said:

HuskyJW said:

Look....you wanna suck their dicks? Feel free. The talent they have had over the years and their lack of total success borders on absolute criminal Go ahead....tell me the 4* and 5* DL that have become good/great. I will give you just as many that became a total bust
    I just don't like to operate in an echo chamber with one tribe. That's the only real difference between us. Hth
    HuskyJW said:

HuskyJW said:

HuskyJW said:

HuskyJW said:

UO
    Taylor Hart (5th round)

UW

Canton....5* bust
    Prevot....4* bust
    Balducci...4* bust

We can do this all day.

Ugh.

You're not getting it.

GO REDBOX!
    Echo chamber frustrations?

HuskyJW said:

HuskyJW said:

I just don't like to operate in an echo chamber with one tribe. That's the only real difference between us. Hth
    Travel down south and get in my echo...😉💪