Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

USC.... lolololol

Soooo... remember when I said that Oregon State secondary coach Greg Burns was not being seriously looked at as a candidate to take the defensive backs coaching job at USC? Well, we have three solid sources telling us today that has changed.

I'm told that USC has been turned down by two other coaching candidates and it is likely that Burns is now offered the job. We had previously been told that Burns would turn down a job offer from USC to stay at Oregon State, but that was also before USC was serious.

Comments

• Options
    SECGRIDIRONSECGRIDIRON Member Posts: 93
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2018
    Saw that graft earlier someone put up about best schools in PAC developing recruits and USC was at the bottom.

Amazing how far they’ve fallen. Hoping they become everyone’s homecoming game out that way. Good for them hollyweirdos.
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Hey at least they’ll have one black coach on staff now!
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,522
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Soooo... remember when I said that Oregon State secondary coach Greg Burns was not being seriously looked at as a candidate to take the defensive backs coaching job at USC? Well, we have three solid sources telling us today that has changed.

I'm told that USC has been turned down by two other coaching candidates and it is likely that Burns is now offered the job. We had previously been told that Burns would turn down a job offer from USC to stay at Oregon State, but that was also before USC was serious.

Why take 1 year at USC when you know Helton and the entire staff will be fired next October when you can stay with Babushka in Corvallis forever with no pressure?
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,375
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Why take 1 year at USC when you know Helton and the entire staff will be fired next October when you can stay with Babushka in Corvallis forever with no pressure?
    You ever been to Corvallis?
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,300
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

With superior recruits (at least recently) it makes no sense for USC to run other than a power offense. They need a "pound it" offense to exploit their athletes. Hiring KK is a mistake.

Similarly, that was Norm Chow's mistake as HC at Hawaii. He tried to run an SC pro-style offense at Hawaii with inferior athletes. Instead, he needed to run a gimmick offensivive scheme like the Air Raid to minimize his player talent disadvantage.

I am in LIPO with KKKliff. Anytime I turned on a Big 12 game this year it felt like the score was 56-49 or something close. No one plays defense in that conference.
    TCU used to atleast
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2018
    Burns played defensive back at Washington State University where he was a four-year letter-winner. In his sophomore season he earned All-PAC-10 honors as an honorable mention.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,596
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    USC alumni big donor muckie muck that I get tickets from mentioned who Usc was likely pursuing as their next head coach when they dump Helton next year at family dinner tonight. It ain't @KkkliffKkklingsbury, sounds like that was a stop gap and recruiting move.

I'll give you guys a hint, it's a coach Petermen has played against while at Washington.

Tune into the next pod to find out more(insert faggy wink).
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

USC alumni big donor muckie muck that I get tickets from mentioned who Usc was likely pursuing as their next head coach when they dump Helton next year at family dinner tonight. It ain't @KkkliffKkklingsbury, sounds like that was a stop gap and recruiting move.

I'll give you guys a hint, it's a coach Petermen has played against while at Washington.

Franklin?
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Kyle Schweigert?
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Nick Saban?1?
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

@SonnyDykes ?
  • Options
    dongmandongman Member Posts: 2,384
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Paul Wulff
  • Options
    PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes