Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited December 2018
    I fact checked it and it is the first Washington.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Blackeye for @creepycoug, IMO

Yeeup. They're dropping like flies.

Frankly, losing a non-QB skill kid is usually not a problem there. Liberty City is full of safeties who will play at the U no matter what.

What they need are some road graters. The O line is underwhelming ... not horrible, not great. They can run block but can't pass block for shit.

None of it will matter until they get someone else calling the plays and settle on a QB. The freshman from GA should have been playing right after the second loss; invest in the next season.

So much talent on the D side of the ball going to waste down there.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

lulz

great thread placement ass always
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,258
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Was really hoping to get an interview

The Cane DC took the head job at Temple. Payback for The U hiring the Temple coach a few years back

• Options
    edited December 2018

The Cane DC took the head job at Temple. Payback for The U hiring the Temple coach a few years back

That will hurt the most. As shitty as they've been it's not on the D; Miami has one of the best defenses in the country and Manny had a lot to do with that. And he's a big recruiter.

Something tells me this won't be the last time I see Diaz coaching at Miami. He is a Miami guy - both school and city - when he gets tired of freezing his balls off in Philly and losing, I think he'll be back.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Christ, I didn't realize how much of a dumpster fire Miami is right now.

6 recruits have decommited in the last day:

2019:
    3* OLB Samuel Brooks
    3* CB Jarvis Brownlee

2020:
    3* S Jaiden Francois
    4* S Keshawn Washington
    4* CB Henry Gray
    4* WR Marc Britt
  • Options

Christ, I didn't realize how much of a dumpster fire Miami is right now.

6 recruits have decommited in the last day:

2019:
    3* OLB Samuel Brooks
    3* CB Jarvis Brownlee

2020:
    3* S Jaiden Francois
    4* S Keshawn Washington
    4* CB Henry Gray
    4* WR Marc Britt

The wheels are falling off a bit. I'm not one to get wound up about 2020 classes. I think it's a waste of energy to be happy or pissed about things that far off involving children.

And to put a positive spin on it, the kids who've bailed thus far are in positions that Miami has always been able to fill with at least good, if not great, talent. like i said yesterday, Liberty City and Carol City are loaded with D1 safeties all the time.

Lineman and QBs. Although have to say losing Marc Britt wasn't fun. Still, there were a lot of highly rated WRs in last year's class such that Miami shouldn't be struggling much at WR any time soon.

I think this all but guarantees that Miami won't steal Evan Neal from Bama.

The bigger issue is whether Richt can fix whatever is going on down there, and who he will find to replace Diaz. That is job #1 now. That, and they fucking have to develop a QB - pick one - Perry or Williams - and develop him. That, and they have to teach that line to pass block. Oh, and pray that Quarterman and Pinckney don't declare for the draft, because they are losing some damn fine senior players. Going to miss the Jacksons (Michael and Joe), jacquan johnson (a fucking money player) and Gerald Willis (will be a star in the NFL ... watch) badly. If Pinckney and Quarterman go early, then the D takes a massive hit from a player standpoint to go with losing Diaz.

• Options

That will hurt the most. As shitty as they've been it's not on the D; Miami has one of the best defenses in the country and Manny had a lot to do with that. And he's a big recruiter.

Something tells me this won't be the last time I see Diaz coaching at Miami. He is a Miami guy - both school and city - when he gets tired of freezing his balls off in Philly and losing, I think he'll be back.
    I hear that Manny Diaz considers Oregon to be his dream job and is just waiting for Cristobal to take over at the U

• Options
    AIRWOLF said:

Blackeye for @creepycoug, IMO

Yeeup. They're dropping like flies.

Frankly, losing a non-QB skill kid is usually not a problem there. Liberty City is full of safeties who will play at the U no matter what.

What they need are some road graters. The O line is underwhelming ... not horrible, not great. They can run block but can't pass block for shit.

None of it will matter until they get someone else calling the plays and settle on a QB. The freshman from GA should have been playing right after the second loss; invest in the next season.

So much talent on the D side of the ball going to waste down there.
    It's almost as if there is a pattern of Richt's offenses being a mess.
    Yeah, but he was the offensive coordinator at FSU under Bowden when there was little about that program that could be described "a mess" for a pretty good long run.

That said, I don't think it's that he doesn't know what he's doing. I think HC shouldn't be coordinators because it's not a part-time job. I also think that he's trying to run a pro-set offense with good, but at many positions, not elite, talent. What he has is a lot of speed and athleticism, and it makes sense to run something more akin to a spread and get those guys in space.

They ran the ball well this year at times, but when they came up against a good defense, or a defense that was willing to sell out and stack the box, they couldn't do it, and had no answer in the air to make them pay.

Not going to pretend to be an expert on this. But there was a lot written to that effect over the season. Nothing hurt them more than mistake-prone QB'ing. As Diaz once said in an interview, the game is about field position, and he was nicely suggesting that, as good as his defense is, you can't put them in bad spots over and over and over and over and over, along with a ton of 3 and outs, and expect shutouts. No defense will be able to do that. And especially on the road, where they really struggled. And then have an offense that can't answer. Recipe for losing.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,273
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    IF Diaz proves to be a decent HC he'll be taking over FSU from Taggart in a couple of years.
  • Options
    whlinder said:

IF Diaz proves to be a decent HC he'll be taking over FSU from Taggart in a couple of years.

Intriguing. Didn't think of it from that angle. Although Miami is very different from Tally (VERY), it's still Florida and it's heat and southern recruiting, all things he's going to miss badly while in the Norte. The guy is a caricature of a Miami Cuban. Those people operate at their best in South Dade.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,273
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

whlinder said:

Intriguing. Didn't think of it from that angle. Although Miami is very different from Tally (VERY), it's still Florida and it's heat and southern recruiting, all things he's going to miss badly while in the Norte. The guy is a caricature of a Miami Cuban. Those people operate at their best in South Dade.
    *Chintriguing

I was just making the leap that he went to FSU and started there as a GA, and that FSU is a mess and will move on from Taggart in a couple of years.
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,294
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Turns out pressuring a bunch of freshman and sophomores to commit early isn't a good strategy
  • Options

Turns out pressuring a bunch of freshman and sophomores to commit early isn't a good strategy

I highly doubt that's the issue. but I likewise put zero stock in any recruiting class but the current one about to sign. Verbals are about as ephemeral a thing can get.