Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ali Gaye status with Arizona Western shutting down program?

How does this work? Is he eligible to transfer to a 4 year? Does he need to finish sophomore year with Arizona Western honoring scholarships for next year?

Comments

• Options
    dougthedawgdougthedawg Member Posts: 179
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

As much as I'd love to see him here under Pete, when was the last time one of these types of situations worked and the guy actually qualified to get in?

Joel Whitford Santa Barbara CC

It pretty much must be a WA or CA junior college for the credits to line up.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Assuming he gets his AA, and the credits are honored by WA and others. Then he should not have an issue coming over. Hopefully he has been taking care of business, otherwise he will be on last chance u
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Not sure he has done enough to merit being recruited again considering the type of talent coming in
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

I'm sure the coaches have kept in contact with him and said "there's a spot for you" but with the emergence of Malloe as a top-flight recruiter, we've honestly moved on to better things. I wouldn't be surprised to see Gaye wind up somewhere like SDSU or Colorado State

Not getting into the program straight out of HS hurt him greatly. There's no way he's being developed at Arizona Western .81% as well as he would be by Malloe.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,101
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Some of the Arizona JC's are dropping football too. He may need to transfer. He could technically transfer if he completed some of the requirements that he didn't have post high school, but he may be better off just getting an Associate's and transferring at that point.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

Some of the Arizona JC's are dropping football too. He may need to transfer. He could technically transfer if he completed some of the requirements that he didn't have post high school, but he may be better off just getting an Associate's and transferring at that point.

BREAKING NEWS
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'm sure the coaches have kept in contact with him and said "there's a spot for you" but with the emergence of Malloe as a top-flight recruiter, we've honestly moved on to better things. I wouldn't be surprised to see Gaye wind up somewhere like SDSU or Colorado State

If that. My guess is he will end up at some obscure program most of us have never heard of or knew they had a football team.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,101
    Swaye's Wigwam

BREAKING NEWS
    Please tell me you don't expect me to read everything here.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

BREAKING NEWS
    Please tell me you don't expect me to read everything here.
    He's enrolled at the school that just closed its program.
  • Options
    ZoneUWZoneUW Member Posts: 794
    5 Fuck Offs First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    He was raw when he committed here, he just didn't get developed. I would still bring him on board in a heartbeat.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,003
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Only fags go to CSU. Amirite @backthepack ?
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Only fags go to CSU. Amirite @backthepack ?
    Agree
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ZoneUW said:

He was raw when he committed here, he just didn't get developed. I would still bring him on board in a heartbeat.

Why? He’s lost years of development and we are recruiting at a higher level. We have no need for him.
  • Options

ZoneUW said:

Why? He’s lost years of development and we are recruiting at a higher level. We have no need for him.
    Caz he is physical specimen that is worth taking risk on. If we have space for Kyler many, why not him? Give me a detailed mathematical explanation for that rody
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

ZoneUW said:

Caz he is physical specimen that is worth taking risk on. If we have space for Kyler many, why not him? Give me a detailed mathematical explanation for that rody

• Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,717

ZoneUW said:

Math? Roaddawg? Thas raycist.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

ZoneUW said:

Except he’s not. He was worth the risk back when he signed. Now, after wasting eligibility and not developing, he’s not worth it. Look at our DL class.
  • Options

ZoneUW said:

Choke on my 2 inches...bitch