Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Colt Lyerla arrested again

2»

Comments

• Options
    DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    That isn’t the point. It isn’t the point people are making. It’s another Strawman argument by the ignorant.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Maybe someone would like to define all the “strikes”/Second chances he has been given.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited June 2019
    DJDuck said:

DJDuck said:

Colt was an amazing athlete his recruit testing was off the charts. A waste of a life and a talent God only gives to few people.

Most Oregon fans will remember this. Probably new to Washington fans. Here is the nationally televised game between Colts Hillsboro Spartans and Glencoe High School. The schools are rivals and both located in Hillsboro just west of Portland and Beaverton.

This is the last play of the game.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Mfl6jX5or6k

Why did God give him a heroin addiction?
    Pretty sad joke about a human tragedy. What a jerk.

There’s a difference between learned behavior, choices and having a 36” vertical you fucking moron.
    I don’t feel sorry for addicts it’s their choice, they chose to go down that path.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Who said they were sorry. It’s a tragedy. I feel enough compassion to not kick someone when their down. He’s made his bed.

BTW about the obfuscation about second chances..............
  • Options
    edited June 2019

DJDuck said:

DJDuck said:

Colt was an amazing athlete his recruit testing was off the charts. A waste of a life and a talent God only gives to few people.

Most Oregon fans will remember this. Probably new to Washington fans. Here is the nationally televised game between Colts Hillsboro Spartans and Glencoe High School. The schools are rivals and both located in Hillsboro just west of Portland and Beaverton.

There’s a difference between learned behavior, choices and having a 36” vertical you fucking moron.
    I don’t feel sorry for addicts it’s their choice, they chose to go down that path.
    Where in my post did I say I was sorry Mr. Logical Fallacy?

• Options
    I don’t feel compassion for drug addicts and domestic abusers hth!
  • Options
    Maybe you should ask people that have had addicts in their family. I’m sure they and their friends have compassion and want to help. I’m also sure most of them feel that their kids are responsible for their actions. Your attitude is pretty immature. I’m not defending Lyerla. I’m just not kicking a man when he is down and lying about some nebulous 2nd chances.

• Options
    edited June 2019
    DJDuck said:

Maybe you should ask people that have had addicts in their family. I’m sure they and their friends have compassion and want to help. I’m also sure most of them feel that their kids are responsible for their actions. Your attitude is pretty immature. I’m not defending Lyerla. I’m just not kicking a man when he is down and lying about some nebulous 2nd chances.

I deal with heroin users and homeless at my summer job with the city parks.

The guy I work with brother died of heroin. He has no compassion for those people because at the end of the day it’s their choice and they did it to themselves.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    I merely said it was a waste of life and God given talent. Then all of you low-info illogical types bring out your stupidly ignorant
    Logical Fallacies in order to denigrate posters and other people.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

How many strikes and second chances is white boy gonna get? If he was black he would have already been sent to prison to do hard time a long time ago.

You mean like Darryl Strawberry?
  • Options
    edited June 2019

DJDuck said:

The guy I work with brother died of heroin. He has no compassion for those people because at the end of the day it’s their choice and they did it to themselves.
    I dealt with Heroin addicts for 48 years on the job. I don’t have much compassion for those that are not attempting to help themselves and are living on the street.

BTW I don’t care about the opinion of the brother of a guy you work.

• Options
    edited June 2019
    SFGbob said:

How many strikes and second chances is white boy gonna get? If he was black he would have already been sent to prison to do hard time a long time ago.

10 Athletes Who Did Horrible Things and Got a Second Chance

https://www.toptenz.net/10-athletes-who-did-horrible-things-and-got-a-second-chance.php
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    I think a real travesty is that our government and the drug companies are preventing even Pilot project Ibogaine clinics. This is more important to me than Colt Lyerla’s problems and MY only vice is caffeine.😁
  • Options
    DJDuck said:

DJDuck said:

I dealt with Heroin addicts for 48 years on the job. I don’t have much compassion for those that are not attempting to help themselves and are living on the street.

BTW I don’t care about the opinion of the brother of a guy you work.

You told me to ask for the opinion of people with family members that are addicts.

It all makes sense that you were a cop, biggest idiot on the boards.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,613
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    DJDuck said:

DJDuck said:

I case the fuck off flag wasn't ckear... fuck off with your pathetic moral police bullshit. You're only bothering because he was a duck.

And fuck this fucking pathetic junkie. I've known many people with drug problems. Some were truly tragic cases. Most had rough or beyond rough backgrounds, and NONE had anything approaching the sort of gifted opportunities this fucking dick had. He was a cock before he melted down and chose drugs and crime over a free education and free job training. He was a short step away from being an overnight millionaire but was too much of a fuck face to get out of his own way.

Again...fuck off and fuck him.
  • Options
    rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

I don’t feel compassion for drug addicts and domestic abusers hth!

Lumping those two categories together let's me know how little you understand.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited June 2019
    SFGbob said:

He was rich and famous. That would be classism. Poor black folk committing drug crimes get the book thrown at them. Poor white folk like this junkie running around the streets of Eugene, Oregon gets second, third, fourth, and fifth chances to get his shit together. Not only has he been arrested a million times but he's comfortable running from the police every time they try to arrest him and trying to escape after he's in police custody. It's like some "good ole boy", Dukes of Hazzard bullshit. Black people run from the police and get shot in the back. Now he's getting violent and strangling his girlfriend. Lock his trash ass up for 5-10 years.