Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Was Oregon 2015 UW or 2012 UW this year?

haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,474
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
Swaye's Wigwam
They played like a completely different team week to week. Very hard to beat at home, completely rolled over on the road.

Growing pains heading into a legit run (2015 UW) or is this who they are with this staff? (2012)

Stanford imo is done. Where should Oregon be ranked going into 2019 wrt Cal, UW, WAzzu?

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,474
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gwad said:

If you think they are on the cusp of the consistency that Pete, the staff, and student athletes have produced for the last three years. You may need to take a long walk.

Their program does not look like ours, yet they and Stanford are essentially .500 against us. It's a problem for us.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    haie said:

They played like a completely different team week to week. Very hard to beat at home, completely rolled over on the road.

Growing pains heading into a legit run (2015 UW) or is this who they are with this staff? (2012)

Stanford imo is done. Where should Oregon be ranked going into 2019 wrt Cal, UW, WAzzu?

Stanford will have a better record than Oregon next year. Take that to the bank.

My prediction for next year's north standings

UW
    Stanford
    WSU
    Oregon
    Cal
    OSU

• Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

haie said:

Stanford will have a better record than Oregon next year. Take that to the bank.

My prediction for next year's north standings

UW
    Stanford
    WSU
    Oregon
    Cal
    OSU

Really going out on a limb considering Stanford gets Oregon and UW at home, while Oregon is @UW and @Furd.
  • Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    Next year it’s Washington vs Oregon for #1 if Herbert comes back. I’m not a major Herbert fan but a Senior Herbert with the most of this team coming back as Seniors can be dangerous. If Shough starts I would put them 3rd. From what I’ve heard (can always be wildly wrong) Shough has a big upside but isn’t ready to take the reigns. Cal will be about the same next year, a home wrecker. Stanford is going to be fine, I think they will have linebacker issues. Oregon state and WSU are going to suck.

• Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    Probably true. WSU has been beating everyone the last 3 years and I just don’t get it. I feel like they’re always the best shitty team in the country.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    haie said:

Ranked? Not in the top 25.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    People are sleeping on Stanford. Their defense is above average, but Shaw finally got over trying to be a running team and figured out his qb is accurate enough to just play jump ball with their 6"8 tight end wide receivers for which I haven't seen a team in the Pac-12 have an answer for.

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Herbert's got a long way to go to be an elite college QB ... let's see what/where the dust settles on plays leaving/returning for all schools.

Stanford's schedule will give them some benefits in 2019.

UW's got more talent than everybody else in the North and are the favorites until they are not. They've won (or tied) for the North title now for 3 years in a row.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Oregon has a WSU problem
  • Options
    GrandpaSankeyGrandpaSankey Member Posts: 956
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    haie said:

Your eyes are as good as mine

• Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    haie said:

Gwad said:

If you think they are on the cusp of the consistency that Pete, the staff, and student athletes have produced for the last three years. You may need to take a long walk.

Their program does not look like ours, yet they and Stanford are essentially .500 against us. It's a problem for us.
    We’re 4-2 against them since football was invented in 2016. Now try to project what that record will be post-Browning.