Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

PM to DeLarry, aka DongJames

2»

Comments

• BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    DongJames said:

TommySQC said:

For the snot-nosed millenials on here who don't know their history, DongJames/DeLarry was the one who got into a fistfight at Autzen Stadium with a Duck fan in a wheelchair (true story). He also went down to Anthony's Home Port during a live broadcast of the Tyrone Willingham Show, and thanked Ty for his service but told him he was destroying the program and needed to resign.

I was at a tailgate before Notre Dame 2008 and told a friend the anthony’s radio show story and he’d already heard it because he worked with DeLarry and walked me over and introduced us. We knelt and prayed right there that real God would show the dawgs mercy and within 48 hours Ty was fired errr asked to coach 6 more games then please leave.

I’d pay $10.95 for that coaches show audio, Ty got absolutely pantsed on live radio.
    War @AngryAlum

Are the rumors of @DongJames appearance at the Rose Bowl greatly exaggerated?
    Booked it immediately. See you there.
    Are you a regular now, or what?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

DongJames said:

Oh and I’m way up in the north woods this weekend, in a secluded cabin up by the Canadian border. I was hoping to see the northern lights, but it looks like I’m just going to get drunk a lot and be cold.

Maple Falls has WiFi?
    Larry was private about this stuff, but since he's passed I'll add some detail. At this point, Larry was living in Minnesota. He had quit his job at Boeing and left Seattle after a nasty divorce. He went through some dark Novembers of the soul while in Minnesota. We had some long email exchanges during that time. Then things began to get better. He met a great woman, they moved to California and he got a "dream job" helping design space rockets. It seemed like he had a great life in front of him before his tragic passing.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2022
    If he were here today he’d be more pissed at where UW football is now than during the TW years.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

I took a girl named Lucy to the 2009 Idaho game. I got tickets in an area I normally don't sit. South side upper deck toward west end zone.

During game, a guy in a striped shirt and two others were 4 rows below us. They stood up a lot yelling at the field. Some guy about five rows behind us started yelling at the trio to sit down. I wasnt sure why the guy behind us was as o bothered because Lucy and I could see just fine. Anyway, the guy in the striped shirt turned around and started yelling up at the other guy. Words were exchanged, lots of angry gestures and glaring.

Security guards show up and remove the trio from the stadium. Next day on HuskyHalfBrains.com (RIP) the poster Larry goes off on a long rant post about getting thrown out of the stadium and how Husky fans have become soft, etc.

I PMd him and asked if he had been wearing a striped shirt. He said yes. I told him I was three rows behind him. We had dinner the next week and hit it off. Became friends going forward.

Pics of Lucy?????????
    I miss dis swaye
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,708
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    DongJames said:

TommySQC said:

For the snot-nosed millenials on here who don't know their history, DongJames/DeLarry was the one who got into a fistfight at Autzen Stadium with a Duck fan in a wheelchair (true story). He also went down to Anthony's Home Port during a live broadcast of the Tyrone Willingham Show, and thanked Ty for his service but told him he was destroying the program and needed to resign.

I was at a tailgate before Notre Dame 2008 and told a friend the anthony’s radio show story and he’d already heard it because he worked with DeLarry and walked me over and introduced us. We knelt and prayed right there that real God would show the dawgs mercy and within 48 hours Ty was fired errr asked to coach 6 more games then please leave.

I’d pay $10.95 for that coaches show audio, Ty got absolutely pantsed on live radio.
    War @AngryAlum

Are the rumors of @DongJames appearance at the Rose Bowl greatly exaggerated?
    Booked it immediately. See you there.
    I think the Rose Bowl was probably the last time I exchanged texts with Larry. What a kick in the nuts it was that he died.