Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Fatters coming through

dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,780 Swaye's Wigwam
With minimal effort but a worth while piece. I didn’t know all these ass clowns are free agents.

I’m setting the over under at 5 and taking the under on how are retained. I would lose this bet though because petermans loyal to a fault.

Telling me we can’t find something better than Gregory for 500k

https://247sports.com/college/washington/LongFormArticle/Washington-Huskies-Football-2018-UW-Coaching-Salary-Database-126027615/

Comments

• dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,780 Swaye's Wigwam
    Which is great!!
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

With minimal effort but a worth while piece. I didn’t know all these ass clowns are free agents.

I’m setting the over under at 5 and taking the under on how are retained. I would lose this bet though because petermans loyal to a fault.

https://247sports.com/college/washington/LongFormArticle/Washington-Huskies-Football-2018-UW-Coaching-Salary-Database-126027615/

Gregory does recruit LBs and oversees special teams. Paying him nearly twice what Malloe makes speaks volumes

• dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,780 Swaye's Wigwam
    I’m aware of how Gregory sucks ass at life and what his responsibilities are... Malloe has earned fuck you money. Greg just gets a fuck you.

Not to sound like a douch but it’s it safe to assume every degenerate on here knows what Gregory coaches (doesn’t actually coach or recruit) because we discuss ad nauseam.
  • DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    Baseman said:

Gregory does recruit LBs and oversees special teams. Paying him nearly twice what Malloe makes speaks volumes

He's paid more right now because of the assistant head coach title, usually to a non coordinator with longevity in a program or working with the head coach. If Gregory is gone, I bet Kwat gets that assistant head coach title. Malloe will get a fat raise because of both his performance in recruiting and how he has coached up players. He's made himself extremely important to the program with his role in recreating the Poly community within the program and has produced results again this year.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,667 Standard Supporter
    this title makes me think of a fat guy trying to squeeze thru a door - and I can't get that image out of my mind
    mickeygougingeyesout.gif

FML
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

It's pretty standard for non coordinators to always be on one year contracts. This doesn't mean a bunch of them are going to be let go.

I would bet on two of them moving on at most with Gregory, PaoPao and Bonerpopper obviously the most likely to go at Pete's suggestion and Lubick most likely to be hired away.

Every one of those coaches would be hot commodities in the PAC 12. We are the top dawg.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,632 Standard Supporter
    You guys are on crack. Peterman won’t give Gregory the pink slip. They are homies.

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,465 Founders Club

You guys are on crack. Peterman won’t give Gregory the pink slip. They are homies.

It was once thought Pete wouldn't bench Jake either.

The timing was horrible, but it revealed that Pete had been thinking the same stuff that we've been harping on.

The timing was horrible, but it revealed that Pete had been thinking the same stuff that we've been harping on.
    So you’re saying peterman reads HH 🤣
  • GaryFromTeenMomGaryFromTeenMom Member Posts: 1,370

So you’re saying peterman reads HH 🤣
    You bet I do....

....I mean, I'm sure he does.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    My guesses ...

Generally we have our assistants on 2 year deals if I recall correctly

Malloe gets a hefty raise up to around the $450-$500k range and some kind of BS title like defensive run game coordinator or something to substantiate it

Harris gets rolled over with perhaps a modest bump

Huff has earned where he is at

Kwat will get some kind of title at some point ... the Asst Head Coach will go to one of him or Lake

Lake probably gets another bump

Lubick is a wild card ... not sure what happens there

Gregory is overpaid vs his production ... LB recruiting has improved this year but how much of it is him is a tough call ... doubt he leaves but it is a warm seat

Both Boner and Paopao aren’t terrible but aren’t elite either ... we could get better particularly in recruiting in both spots
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,948 Founders Club
    LebamDawg said:

this title makes me think of a fat guy trying to squeeze thru a door - and I can't get that image out of my mind
    mickeygougingeyesout.gif

FML

FREE PUB times 2!!!!
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,541 Swaye's Wigwam

It's pretty standard for non coordinators to always be on one year contracts. This doesn't mean a bunch of them are going to be let go.

I would bet on two of them moving on at most with Gregory, PaoPao and Bonerpopper obviously the most likely to go at Pete's suggestion and Lubick most likely to be hired away.

Every one of those coaches would be hot commodities in the PAC 12. We are the top dawg.
    This.

Gaskin/Ahmed and McGrew has looked good as a backup

Our tight ends group with Bryant is bad for brands

One of our linebackers just got P12DPotY.

That's all these other schools would care about.
  • Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,308
    haie said:

This.

Gaskin/Ahmed and McGrew has looked good as a backup

Our tight ends group with Bryant is bad for brands

One of our linebackers just got P12DPotY.

That's all these other schools would care about.
    I would think teams are smart enough to know its not that hard to be a decent recruiter at UW, but by all means go ahead and take Gregory off our hands
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

I would lean towards Gregory staying, but Strausser and Pease were Pete guys too.