Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I *heart* Bishop Sankey

2»

Comments

• Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650
    Sankey is the difference between 8-4 and 4-8 this year. Sankey is so much more WA football than Sark will ever understand. Sankey is the third leading career rusher among WA backs after only two seasons. Sankey has done far more in two years for WA football than Sark could do in two decades - God I hope we are not cursed with Sark for 15 more years.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652
    chuck said:

Two running backs got carries today that I can remember. Cooper was the guy when Sankey needed a break. Telling...

Washington is a role player, not an every down back. He can't create anything of his own. Not quick enough. He should get 10-15 carries when the offense is in a good rhythm where he's most likely to get downhill.

I don't share Little Jimmy's confidence, but I do think Washington is a future everydown back. He kind of reminds me of Tyrone Wheatley. I think he's going to be a beast.

• chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,968 Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

chuck said:

Two running backs got carries today that I can remember. Cooper was the guy when Sankey needed a break. Telling...

Washington is a role player, not an every down back. He can't create anything of his own. Not quick enough. He should get 10-15 carries when the offense is in a good rhythm where he's most likely to get downhill.

I don't share Little Jimmy's confidence, but I do think Washington is a future everydown back. He kind of reminds me of Tyrone Wheatley. I think he's going to be a beast.

I hated Tyrone Wheately. Kaufman should have gotten more carries when they were both at Oakland.

I really don't mean to downplay Washington. Maybe he's better than I think. I've argued on his behalf this year too. I just don't think he can take 30 carries and produce like a quicker back in this offense. Not with the OL play he's going to get playing for Sark. I see him as a guy they'll have to set up...get the defense tired and on their heels then pound the big guy with home run speed at them.
  • uw2010uw2010 Member Posts: 940
    chuck said:

jecornel said:

Telling? Huh?

Calm down little Jimmy. I'd say it's telling that Cooper got carries in a tight game, yes. He's climbing back up the depth, and seemed to be in front of Washington today.

I don't think DW is an every down back. You trying to shove it down my throat doesn't really work. Then again I'm not really mad, as you seem to be, that you disagree.

I don't think he has the side-side quickness and elusiveness to make yards when the blocks aren't there. He's a hammer with speed which is not the makings of an every down back in my opinion.
    I somewhat agree with you on Washington, but I probably rate him a little higher than you would. We haven't really seen much in the way of lateral agility/cuts from him, but I'm not sure he's been asked to run that way. He's pretty much just been used as a hammer down, hit the hole guy. I think he definitely has some potential, but replacing Sankey isn't going to be easy, his ability to find the hole and maintain balance is fantastic.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    I think our rushing attack will still be decent but you can't replace Sankey.
  • According to Adam Jood UW is the favorites for 5 star RB Mixon so maybe he'll be UW's starting back next year?

According to Adam Jood UW is the favorites for 5 star RB Mixon so maybe he'll be UW's starting back next year?

Take it to the teen stocking bored.

Besides, he's bound to come down with character issues in the next nine weeks.

• dnc said:

According to Adam Jood UW is the favorites for 5 star RB Mixon so maybe he'll be UW's starting back next year?

I feel like we are being set up like ALWAYS. Then when he verbals to Oklahoma you'll hear the classic line "I'm just happy that a kid like Mixon is even considering us. After 0-12 we couldn't get these guys to even give us a look. Man Sark has really turned this program around".

dnc said:

I feel like we are being set up like ALWAYS. Then when he verbals to Oklahoma you'll hear the classic line "I'm just happy that a kid like Mixon is even considering us. After 0-12 we couldn't get these guys to even give us a look. Man Sark has really turned this program around".
    Lather, rinse, repeat

• dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326

no he just said UW feels "good" about their chances. I don't think they are the favorite at all
  • dhdawg said:

no he just said UW feels "good" about their chances. I don't think they are the favorite at all
    Oh there is no way he is coming here. It will be "I'm just happy Mixon is even considering us at all. At least Sark is trying unlike that loser Ty!"
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,561 Founders Club

I hated Tyrone Wheately. Kaufman should have gotten more carries when they were both at Oakland.

This.