Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

JFC Doogman

There's a thread right now thanking Sark for his contributions to getting this team to the Rose Bowl.

here's some gems

Sark took the job when we were lost. We could have ended up like Minnesota. Done...We were close, 0-12 in 2008. He saw the opportunity that the Washington job was. We are so lucky. Glad to be back in the Rose Bowl. It means so much. He laid the blueprint for coach Pete to come in and take us to were we belong. Competing for Pac 12 champions, and National Championships.

Coach Sark quickly pulled our program out of the ditch it was in, infused it with energy, beat very good USuC teams in year 1 (really, a modern day miracle) AND year 2, and from year 2 through year 5 had our team in a bowl. for that, i'm grateful.

Sark’s tenure was the first glimmer of hope I had as a husky fan and I will always thank him for that.

I always liked Sarkisian and appreciated him getting the program back on track. He made Dawgman better too lol. Sark was a great recruiter and was relentless. I'll never forget landing Sean Parker. Then getting Tosh and flipping Shaq was the big coup. Those were exciting times on the board.

Sark will always be one of my favorite UW coaches. I know he didn’t get us to the promise land but like all the above posts mentioned, he brought us out of our darkest hour! Think about that, he was the coach that took us from the lowest point in our history (I think) and brought us back to a bowl game and some revelance. And man could he put together a staff and recruit!!!

Sark imo, was the greatest transition coach in the history of the program. He rebuilt the image of the program, overhauled the talent on the roster and then had the decency to leave at the perfect time. His teams were fun to watch and he really elevated the energy and made the program fun at a time when it had been miserable. I loved the staff he had two, Sark had his demons but he deserves another shot imo. He had a very gifted offensive mind schematically.

Comments