Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Season is Over Episode #62: We Accept This Rose

Comments

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,930
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The yard guy... WTF. I thought you had standards
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,951
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We

@MrsPetersen I too am a Rose Bowl virgin who was a too pour recent grad in 2000. I feel ya.

Another Rose Bowl virgin. I was two or so years behind you @YellowSnow (I think) at UW, so I was still in school last time we went. I remember at the time talking to my then boyfriend (who didn’t give two shits about football) if I should go and he said, “don’t stress out about it, you can always go *next time*.” I replied (and I’ll never forgive myself for this), “you’re right...I’m sure they’ll be back soon.”

Fast forward 18 years.

I’m finally going to the game. Let this be a lesson to you younger Doogs, don’t let opportunities like this pass you by.
    We should sacrifice one of the virgins to the Arroyo Seco, God of the Rose Bowl, to ensure a victory.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,093
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

@MrsPetersen I too am a Rose Bowl virgin who was a too pour recent grad in 2000. I feel ya.

Another Rose Bowl virgin. I was two or so years behind you @YellowSnow (I think) at UW, so I was still in school last time we went. I remember at the time talking to my then boyfriend (who didn’t give two shits about football) if I should go and he said, “don’t stress out about it, you can always go *next time*.” I replied (and I’ll never forgive myself for this), “you’re right...I’m sure they’ll be back soon.”

Fast forward 18 years.

I’m finally going to the game. Let this be a lesson to you younger Doogs, don’t let opportunities like this pass you by.
    https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/54416/will-you-be-at-the-rose-bowl

Everyone on this board makes bad life choices but clearly one third make the worst choices.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Y

Fast forward 18 years.

If you aren’t going to this Rose Bowl: light yourself on fire or start a gofundme.
    Done.
  • Options
    ZoneUWZoneUW Member Posts: 794
    5 Fuck Offs First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Shout out to Mrs. Petersen:

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    What is a pod?
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,258
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

@MrsPetersen I would probably stalk you if I wasn't totally committed to getting rejected by @Doog_de_Jour for life.

I didn’t know you were big on commitment @Swaye. ;)

I’d totally go for @MrsPetersen. She clearly surpasses me with regard to football knowledge, is a celebrated podcaster, and from what I hear is far more beautiful, talented, and a greater human being than I could ever hope to be.
    This isn't how stalking works. I don't "go" for other women. I create a shrine to you in my living room and carry on as if we are dating for years. Then you have me sent to jail for peering in your windows. Make sense? DWAG sense!
    I've got a set of binoculars. Just saying.

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    ZoneUW said:

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

@MrsPetersen I would probably stalk you if I wasn't totally committed to getting rejected by @Doog_de_Jour for life.

I’d totally go for @MrsPetersen. She clearly surpasses me with regard to football knowledge, is a celebrated podcaster, and from what I hear is far more beautiful, talented, and a greater human being than I could ever hope to be.
    This isn't how stalking works. I don't "go" for other women. I create a shrine to you in my living room and carry on as if we are dating for years. Then you have me sent to jail for peering in your windows. Make sense? DWAG sense!

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Nice triple quote as always.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,600
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    So for real, shout out or what?
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,623
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2018
    Great unresponsive script as always.

Edit...NM it stopped unresponding.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Who needs those?

By the way, this is exactly how I picture @Doog_de_Jour irl
    Heh. That’s pretty close...

...to how I looked when UW *last* went to the Rose Bowl.
    pics?