Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

2019 Schedule Open Thread Kumité

13»

Comments

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,606
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

I think we'll lose 1 of the 2 @Stanford/Arizona because Pete seems to have those games every now and then, and road back to backs never seem to go well.

Oregon State probably won't be that good but a short week Friday road game is never good. Good news is the byes are placed almost perfectly. Only better spot would be directly before/after Stanford.

Looks like 11-1 or 10-2 season to me, pending Easonisms.

Wait - are you guys really worried?

So let's think about this... our team plays like shrivel dicks because we have Professor Scared Money as a QB. He is afraid of everything and he's a beta.

You guys are fucking pussies. This is a 12-0 schedule perfect for us.

Cal - at home, they won't score. We will.
    USC worries me the most because they have talent - but Skinny isn't a shrivel dick. We should be ok.

@Stanford - did you see something with Stanford this year to make you feel like we are going to have a problem with them next year? Jesus.

@Zona - Uh - Jake Browning is not our QB any more you idiots.

FOOH
    Next year we are upgrading at every position except for RB.

QB - we are going from a guy who shits his pants ahead by two scores against the Cuogs
    RB - okay, we will regress. But we should be okay b/c I think Lowe, Cam Davis and Salvon will be enough.
    WR - Sure, Ty dropped a pass... next year we are going to have a QB that will throw to guys.
    TE - top 5 in the country
    OL - top 10 in the country

DL - We'll miss Greg, but Levi, Tuli, Taki and Bronson will be just as good as what we've had and will be better by the end.
    OLB - Another year getting better for Tryon, Benning, Ngata, Bowman - we will be better.
    ILB - If Beavers and Welly stay healthy, this is an upgrade at both positions.
    DB - Probably not better - but not materially worse. No worse than 2017.

Special teams will probably be garbage again.

We are also bringing in the best recruiting class we've ever had and we are filling out with talent.
    Massive doogery on the defensive side. There's no way the DL has a better without Gaines and Johnson. Maybe they'll be better by the end of the year but even that is highly optimistic. You fucking listed Bronson.

OLB - better, yes

ILB - STOP. This is not an upgrade. Your BBK hate has legit gone too far now.

Secondary - Lake is the GOAT so I expect to be the best secondary in the conference but it won't be the best secondary in the nation again. Tons of question marks and the biggest issue is depth. Cannot afford big injuries here next year like we've had the last two years.

The offense is better everywhere but RB but the defense is significantly worse. It will still be the best defense in the Pac because that's how we roll but it will be closer to 19 or 20 ppg allowed than the 15 this year.

And I'm betting on him being an improvement too but we don't actually know if Eason will be any good.
    I;m not letting you back on the off season natty bandwagon
    Only pumpy decides who is on and off.

How has he not run you off yet?
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,606
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

I think we'll lose 1 of the 2 @Stanford/Arizona because Pete seems to have those games every now and then, and road back to backs never seem to go well.

Oregon State probably won't be that good but a short week Friday road game is never good. Good news is the byes are placed almost perfectly. Only better spot would be directly before/after Stanford.

So let's think about this... our team plays like shrivel dicks because we have Professor Scared Money as a QB. He is afraid of everything and he's a beta.

USC worries me the most because they have talent - but Skinny isn't a shrivel dick. We should be ok.

@Stanford - did you see something with Stanford this year to make you feel like we are going to have a problem with them next year? Jesus.

FOOH

QB - we are going from a guy who shits his pants ahead by two scores against the Cuogs
    RB - okay, we will regress. But we should be okay b/c I think Lowe, Cam Davis and Salvon will be enough.
    WR - Sure, Ty dropped a pass... next year we are going to have a QB that will throw to guys.

DL - We'll miss Greg, but Levi, Tuli, Taki and Bronson will be just as good as what we've had and will be better by the end.
    OLB - Another year getting better for Tryon, Benning, Ngata, Bowman - we will be better.

We are also bringing in the best recruiting class we've ever had and we are filling out with talent.
    Massive doogery on the defensive side. There's no way the DL has a better without Gaines and Johnson. Maybe they'll be better by the end of the year but even that is highly optimistic. You fucking listed Bronson.

OLB - better, yes

Secondary - Lake is the GOAT so I expect to be the best secondary in the conference but it won't be the best secondary in the nation again. Tons of question marks and the biggest issue is depth. Cannot afford big injuries here next year like we've had the last two years.

The offense is better everywhere but RB but the defense is significantly worse. It will still be the best defense in the Pac because that's how we roll but it will be closer to 19 or 20 ppg allowed than the 15 this year.

And I'm betting on him being an improvement too but we don't actually know if Eason will be any good.
    I;m not letting you back on the off season natty bandwagon
    Only pumpy decides who is on and off.

How has he not run you off yet?
    He has

Several times
    Never sticks huh
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bay Area trip is early next season

I may take a run up the 15 to the Utah game leaving Martin Stadium as the only venue I've never been to for a game
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,309
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Bay Area trip is early next season

I may take a run up the 15 to the Utah game leaving Martin Stadium as the only venue I've never been to for a game

Martin is comparable to Long Beach Veterans Stadium. No Cougar gold though. Just 40's in the parking lot.

• Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,101
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Fun fact

UW gets Oregon and Stanford one at home and one away

Oregon gets UW and Stanford both home or away

Stanford gets Oregon both home or away

I don't know who Jen had to blow but that is a yearly advantage for WASHINGTON

Wasn't Larry Scott, he's a Tennis Queer. @Swaye 's words, not mine.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

FOOH

Massive doogery on the defensive side. There's no way the DL has a better season without Gaines and Johnson. Maybe they'll be better by the end of the year but even that is highly optimistic. You fucking listed Bronson.

OLB - better, yes

But how will we replace Feeney and Littleton post of the week.
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dawgs206 said:

The offense should be much better. This year we? are 82nd in scoring offense and 111th in the redzone (we? were better with Browning as a freshman...). Losing Gaskin will be huge, but Eason will be a huge improvement at QB and all of our talent at WR/TE is young. Teams will have to game plan to stop our? passing attack next year and won't be able to sellout against the run. This doesn't mention the growing pains of Bush in year 1 as an OC.

We? lose a load of talent from the defense, but there are areas we should be able to improve upon. +3 is the worst turnover margin since Pete got here. +13, +18, +5 are the previous 3 years. We? are 10th in the Pac-12 in sacks this year with 21. We had 38, 40, 34 the previous 3 years. With Tryon coming on late, Levi stepping up, and glimpses of Ngata we? should finally be able to get some more pressure. Outside of ILB, I'm not too concerned about any position grouping. Gaines will be the toughest player to replace because the options all have very limited experience, but they have more talent surrounding them than Greg had this year.

Special teams can't be worse. We? are 93rd in kickoff returns, 105th in punt returns, 120th in net punting, 73rd in kick off coverage, and 92nd in punt return defense. 91st in blocked kicks allowed and 72nd in FG percentage (1/3 from 40+ so really only tried from

• Options
    BlastDoorBlastDoor Member Posts: 711
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

FOOH

Massive doogery on the defensive side. There's no way the DL has a better season without Gaines and Johnson. Maybe they'll be better by the end of the year but even that is highly optimistic. You fucking listed Bronson.

OLB - better, yes

But how will we replace Feeney and Littleton post of the week.
    And did we replace them?
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

FOOH

TOO positive, this needs to be fixed...

QB - Has always sucked, Jake Browning, Cyler Miles, Troy Williams, Magna Carta Jeff Lindquist, Marvin Hall... Petersen has never had good QB play here. The last time UW had good QB play was Price in 2011 for one fucking year? Assume it will suck until it doesnt, something fucktarded will happen, Jake Hanear will end up as the QB or something.

RB - We will more than regress, Gaskin is the best RB in a long line of RBs we have had, his vision and balance made the OL look better than it really was. Ahmed still runs like a pussy alot, Lowe will be at slot because stupid.

WR - The WRs will suck until otherwise, Ross and Pettis aren't walking through the door its a Braydon Lenius clone plus a few JAGS.

TE - top 5 in the country, yes the TEs are good

OL - top 10 in the country, No, the OL is overrated, Adams is damaged and wont make it through a season. its closer to top 25

DL -Greg is gone, no one can replace him on the inside, everyone else is young at a position where being young is a bad thing, still no pass rush end.

OLB - Tryon probably makes this a better but one injury and its all over.

ILB - Beavers is never healthy and wellington sucks so far. They are not going to be more effective than the great white midget that they played behind.

DB - Meh, they will be ok, No more Rapp Eyes cleaning up after everyone and Byron Murphy wont be locking down the Top WR every game though.

Special Teams will still fucking suck and will cause us to lose at least one game.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

If we don't go 12-0 fire Pete.

viable option given that urban will be available so no need to buy him out
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    ntxduck said:

11-1

Is that DAWG SENSE or DUCK SENSE? Itrreregardless, good luck the rest of the way.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

ntxduck said:

11-1

Is that DAWG SENSE or DUCK SENSE? Itrreregardless, good luck the rest of the way.
    Common sense. As someone said the only potential loss is that @furd/@zona b2b. Furd seems to be on the “good every other year” Gus malzahn model right now. I don’t think sumlin will be good next year but UW always seems to play like shit in the desert.