Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Expanding CFP pool

If Georgia gets in, that would be the best case scenario to expand the playoff. You would get the B12 and B14 up in arms to call for a playoff of at least 8. where every conference winner gets a bid. If this happens you would never hear the end of it from Oklahoma and Ohio State.

I’m hoping for this to happen so that the shit P12 can always get a bid.

Comments

• PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,265 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2018
    Every major conference champ plus a non power 5 (if in the top 12) plus at larges to make up for 8. If you put every conference champ in then there is NO misconception of conference strengths from out of conference play. PAC12 is already fucked playing 9 games. If we did it this way we could play major OOC games fearlessly because it would have no reprocussions on the playoff as long as you win the conference title. I am so sick of watching major teams play shit and it’s aired on ABC or CBS. I want to see real football with real gritty schedules. Win the conference and you don’t have to worry. There’s no bitching and whining and moaning that you didn’t get picked. Pissed bc you’re the first to miss out on the at large and thought you were better than the last to get in? Then win your damn conference. A 4 team play off is stupid. Either do 8 teams or go back to regular bowl games that have lost their mojo bc of this whacky experimental shit.
  • jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255

Every major conference champ plus a non power 5 (if in the top 12) plus at larges to make up for 8. If you put every conference champ in then there is NO misconception of conference strengths from out of conference play. PAC12 is already fucked playing 9 games. If we did it this way we could play major OOC games fearlessly because it would have no reprocussions on the playoff as long as you win the conference title. I am so sick of watching major teams play shit and it’s aired on ABC or CBS. I want to see real football with real gritty schedules. Win the conference and you don’t have to worry. There’s no bitching and whining and moaning that you didn’t get picked. Pissed bc you’re the first to miss out on the at large and thought you were better than the last to get in? Then win your damn conference. A 4 team play off is stupid. Either do 8 teams or go back to regular bowl games that have lost their mojo bc of this whacky experimental shit.

I feel like 8 team is probably just the clear best shot. This year:
    1. Baama vs 8. UCF
    2. Clumpson vs 7. U dub
    3. Notre Domer vs 6. Jawja
    4. Oklahomo vs 5. tOSU

That's pretty much the perfect one for this year IMO. Last year:
    1. Clemson vs 8. UCF
    2. Oklahoma vs 7. Aubarn
    3. Georgia vs 6. Wisconsin
    4. Alabama vs 5. USC

Could argue for Penn State here or UW or Miami, but again, much better

2016:
    1. Bama vs 8. Wisconsin
    2. Clemson vs 7. Oklahoma
    3. Ohio State vs 6. Michigan
    4. Penn State vs 5. UW

2016 is easily the worst year IMO. If you add in Western Michigan (rated 15) it is worse instead of better. So you have 2 good years and 1 shit year.