Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Coaches on the road

Comments

• Options
    GOATGOAT Member Posts: 177
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Just got a Cristoball for a Texas corner.

Yeah weird... Markel Reed. Just decommitted from Texas Tech. No great offers
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    GOAT said:

I wonder if that eliminates Jayden Williams and we take 5 DB's.
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

GOAT said:

I wonder if that eliminates Jayden Williams and we take 5 DB's.
    I guess we’re losing 4 guys (Murphy, JoJo, Miller, Rapp) and then with Joyner out and Vergara who got put on scholarship this fall, I guess it’s feasible to add 5 DBs in this class.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    I much prefer Reed to Williams so this would be a nice development if they plan on taking 5 (which makes sense if there's room). Reed is a better Jordan Miller (out of HS) and Williams is a bigger Myles Bryant imo.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,894
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Domicillo said:

JECAR said:

Serious question...

Where the fuck is Will Harris and what the fuck does he do?

Apparently Harris was with Boner visiting Jayden Williams at his school today. They were checking in on his SAT scores and if they can get him to visit this weekend... don’t know how thats related with this Markel Reed kid. Seems like we’re gonna max this class size out but idk how it all fits. Feels like we got a lot of balls in the air for it being this late in the cycle.
    Yes but why add balls just to be adding balls?? I get the balance thing but at this point adding more than the second Williams stinks of just wanting to balance and is not leveling up. Leveling down if you ask me.

With a legitimate shot at 3-4 blue chippers for ‘20, add your one more 8th option DB and move on.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,903
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Domicillo said:

JECAR said:

Serious question...

Where the fuck is Will Harris and what the fuck does he do?

Apparently Harris was with Boner visiting Jayden Williams at his school today. They were checking in on his SAT scores and if they can get him to visit this weekend... don’t know how thats related with this Markel Reed kid. Seems like we’re gonna max this class size out but idk how it all fits. Feels like we got a lot of balls in the air for it being this late in the cycle.
    Yes but why add balls just to be adding balls?? I get the balance thing but at this point adding more than the second Williams stinks of just wanting to balance and is not leveling up. Leveling down if you ask me.

With a legitimate shot at 3-4 blue chippers for ‘20, add your one more 8th option DB and move on.
    Yeah adding a handful of JAGs at the end just to have a full class doesn't sit right with me. I'm hoping these guys are backup plans
  • Options
    ZoneUWZoneUW Member Posts: 794
    5 Fuck Offs First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2018
    Isn't McDuffie a heavy UW lean at this point? If this is true is it leveling "down" to take a guy like Jayden Williams over Dontae McMillan as the fifth DB?

Off of the tape I really like Jayden Williams, I don't care about the offers. He is decently fast and he's 6'1, and he has really good ball skills. If Jimmy Lake likes him bring him in.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    ZoneUW said:

Isn't McDuffie a heavy UW lean at this point? If this is true is it leveling "down" to take a guy like Jayden Williams over Dontae McMillan as the fifth DB?

Off of the tape I really like Jayden Williams, I don't care about the offers. He is decently fast and he's 6'1, and he has really good ball skills. If Jimmy Lake likes him bring him in.

Dontae McMillan = rb
  • Options
    ZoneUWZoneUW Member Posts: 794
    5 Fuck Offs First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

ZoneUW said:

Dontae McMillan = rb
    Thanks for the WTF
  • Options
    ZoneUW said:

ZoneUW said:

Dontae McMillan = rb
    Thanks for the WTF
    if you can't handle the vote downs, vote ups, wtf or chins you might consider another board
  • Options
    dougthedawgdougthedawg Member Posts: 179

ZoneUW said:

I don’t see them taking Williams with the academic issues. McMillan still hasn’t been offered yet and honestly i like his film more than Williams who ran in the high 4.8. Plus McMillans story and as a local kid kinda put him higher for me.
    His sat score finally came back fine (he just got to it late because he wasnt recruited until late).

Are there some other academic issues you are aware of?
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

ZoneUW said:

I don’t see them taking Williams with the academic issues. McMillan still hasn’t been offered yet and honestly i like his film more than Williams who ran in the high 4.8. Plus McMillans story and as a local kid kinda put him higher for me.
    His sat score finally came back fine (he just got to it late because he wasnt recruited until late).

Are there some other academic issues you are aware of?
    Yes. Not Ali Gaye style but yes that’s why he doesn’t have any offers from even smaller schools. I really think Jimmy wanted to give a fuck you to everyone and offered him while McDuffie was still in the balance and knew they could get him up in the summer to work around it without him going to Alabama because of it.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Updated for this week:

Hamdan - Ford with Matt Lubick and Chris Petersen.

Huff - Fautanu with Chris Petersen.

Lake - McDuffie last week. Lake, Harris and Petersen this week

Lubick - Lewis and Ford along with Hamdan and Petersen.

Malloe - Bandes and then Wright with Petersen and Kwat.

Boner - Cam and Taj Davis.

Paopao - Patterson possibly with Petersen.

Gregory - Heimuli.

Huff - Also visiting Buelow and Pa'ama and then finishes the week with Kalepo

Kwat - Latu with Malloe

Malloe - Also visited Ngalu with Paopao, Latu up next with Kwat (was supposed to be Wright but that's gone out the window)

Gregory - Also visited or visiting To'oto'o.

• Options

Updated for this week:

Hamdan - Ford with Matt Lubick and Chris Petersen.

Huff - Fautanu with Chris Petersen.

Lake - McDuffie last week. Lake, Harris and Petersen this week

Lubick - Lewis and Ford along with Hamdan and Petersen.

Malloe - Bandes and then Wright with Petersen and Kwat.

Boner - Cam and Taj Davis.

Paopao - Patterson possibly with Petersen.

Gregory - Heimuli.

Huff - Also visiting Buelow and Pa'ama and then finishes the week with Kalepo

Kwat - Latu with Malloe

Malloe - Also visited Ngalu with Paopao, Latu up next with Kwat (was supposed to be Wright but that's gone out the window)

Gregory - Also visited or visiting To'oto'o.

Tyfys