Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Which team do you think Oregon (for its own good) needs to draw in the bowl game?

oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
edited November 2013 in College Football Forum
I haven't watched enough of the other CFB teams to offer a well-thought out choice, but I think it'd be great if we draw a big, ground and pound, physical team with a power running game and a stiff defense. As much as I'd love to see Oregon play a team like aTm, it would be even better if the team we draw is 'boring' (like Oklahoma maybe?) and not a team we're excited to play. For the good of the program going forward, we should want to draw a team that's excited to play us, is driven to win at all costs, and wants to punch us in the mouth with a run-first game plan. It will provide a stern test for Helfrich and his crew at the end of the season that the Beavers won't come close to providing. If he has indeed lost the team and fails to inspire them to play duck football like it's meant to be played; if the coaching staff continues its lack of innovation and fails to come up with a game plan to stop this kind of team and gets another beatdown on the national stage, maybe the taste will be sour enough in the mouths of Knight and the AD to make some bold changes quickly.

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2013
    LSU, but I don't think that is possible. It has to be a team with 2 or 3 losses. I think LSU would easily beat you guys and cause a lot of panic in Quookville.

In terms of entertainment, I hope you guys play Baylor in the Holiday Bowl.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288

LSU, but I don't think that is possible. It has to be a team with 2 or 3 losses. I think LSU would easily beat you guys and cause a lot of panic in Quookville.

In terms of entertainment, I hope you guys play Baylor in the Holiday Bowl.

I was thinking LSU too. But I know Oregon would be pumped up big time for that. Baylor would be a bad draw, they're too much like Oregon.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    Oklahoma in the Holiday. Big Game Bob is still pissed about 2006.
  • Options
    Oregon vs Baylor on the Alamo Basketball turf.
  • Options
    Mosster47 said:

Oklahoma in the Holiday. Big Game Bob is still pissed about 2006.

A 2005 Holiday Bowl rematch?

http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?id=253630201
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    I've got a question for you...

Who the fuck cares?

Maybe you should hire Saban. He'd be a good bookend to your b ball Izzo hire.

I haven't watched enough of the other CFB teams to offer a well-thought out choice, but I think it'd be great if we draw a big, ground and pound, physical team with a power running game and a stiff defense. As much as I'd love to see Oregon play a team like aTm, it would be even better if the team we draw is 'boring' (like Oklahoma maybe?) and not a team we're excited to play. For the good of the program going forward, we should want to draw a team that's excited to play us, is driven to win at all costs, and wants to punch us in the mouth with a run-first game plan. It will provide a stern test for Helfrich and his crew at the end of the season that the Beavers won't come close to providing. If he has indeed lost the team and fails to inspire them to play duck football like it's meant to be played; if the coaching staff continues its lack of innovation and fails to come up with a game plan to stop this kind of team and gets another beatdown on the national stage, maybe the taste will be sour enough in the mouths of Knight and the AD to make some bold changes quickly.

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    mobey said:

Who the fuck cares?

No one made you visit the Duck Half Brain bored.
  • Options
    I'm thinking Oregon's bowl game will play out like this game where they obviously won't want to be there.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Baylor would skull-fuck us. Texas would be the best matchup between two soft teams with entitlement issues.
  • Options
    FenwickFenwick Member Posts: 1,174
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Awesomes
    mobey said:

Who the fuck cares?

mobey said:

Who the fuck cares?

You stink. Thousands of people care, even some who are not Ducks fans.

• Options
    FenwickFenwick Member Posts: 1,174
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Awesomes
    You stink. Thousands of people care, even some who are not Duck fans. Bowls season is coming!
  • Options
    TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Boise State is available to go duck hunting again anywhere. It would be Oregon's opportunity for some payback. And it's not as the though the ducks are flying high and proud these days.