Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The computer models like the UW

Sagarin has the UW ranked 11th, and the Dawgs are ranked 8th in the ESPN Power Rankings. The computer models really like the PAC-12 this year. The teams we lost to are also ranked very high.

If these rankings are right, and the Dawgs are really one of the best teams in America who just had the misfortune to lose to other elite teams, then we should crush WSU and win our bowl game comfortably, and the PAC-12 should dominate its bowl games. Interesting...

Comments

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    So a blowout win against WSU will get you back on the bandwagon?
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    Sounds like Auburndoog is finding his way back on to the wagon ...

Too bad Moos isn't our AD
  • Haid_D_SalaamiHaid_D_Salaami Member Posts: 541
    Sober up and poast again tomorrow
  • Here comes the flip flop.
  • AuburndawgAuburndawg Member Posts: 362
    I knew that would be the reaction.

Not changing my mind. Sark's job is to beat teams like Stanford and Oregon and win championships.

Just thought it was interesting.

Not changing my mind. Sark's job is to beat teams like Stanford and Oregon and win championships.

Your original poast said "If these rankings are right, and the Dawgs are really one of the best teams in America who just had the misfortune to lose to other elite teams"

Really? I must have missed where Sark lost to FSU, Alabama and Ohio St......
  • fauxdawgmanfauxdawgman Member Posts: 218
    edited November 2013
    Clearly you have an agenda Auburndawg. We're keeping an eye on this site, even though it won't last long.

https://twitter.com/FauxDawgman

Clearly you have an agenda Auburndawg. We're keeping an eye on this site, even though it won't last long.

https://twitter.com/FauxDawgman

LOL...That is a carry over from an argument Kim and I had on the basketball board. And I don't even want Romar fired.

Your original poast said "If these rankings are right, and the Dawgs are really one of the best teams in America who just had the misfortune to lose to other elite teams"

Sagarin has Oregon, ASU, and Stanford in the top 10. Not saying I agree, but the respect the computers give the PAC-12 is interesting

Sagarin has Oregon, ASU, and Stanford in the top 10. Not saying I agree, but the respect the computers give the PAC-12 is interesting
    Apparently the computers have been fucking drinking again. Stanford lost to a shitty Utah team....ASU lost to 8-3 Notre Dame (and should have been defeated by mediocre Wisconsin at home), Oregon lost to Stanford (who lost to the very same shitty Utes) and AZ....who actually got plungered by Sark.

I trust these computers about as far as I can see after a fifth of Potters vodka. There are NO elite teams in the PAC12. Case closed!
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208

you are such a fucking pussy. you agree with the computers? you don't agree? or, you're holding out for the final score before you predict?

• Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246

Sagarin has the UW ranked 11th, and the Dawgs are ranked 8th in the ESPN Power Rankings. The computer models really like the PAC-12 this year. The teams we lost to are also ranked very high.

If these rankings are right, and the Dawgs are really one of the best teams in America who just had the misfortune to lose to other elite teams, then we should crush WSU and win our bowl game comfortably, and the PAC-12 should dominate its bowl games. Interesting...

Nice flip-flop, John Kerry.

• jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,727
    I don't believe the PAC-12 to be that tuff honestly.......I believe the standard for Sark is a national title in year 6. QB guru, offensive genius, tremendous recruiter, incredible inroads in Socal, and well compensated with a new stadium.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,727
    I don't believe the PAC-12 to be that tuff honestly.......I believe the standard for Sark is a national title in year 6. QB guru, offensive genius, tremendous recruiter, incredible inroads in Socal, and well compensated with a new stadium.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    SRS, which is the best of these advanced metrics (according to DP206 who follows them religiously) has us at 19th.

Win out and we'll be top 15 in every metric which tells us we are a 10-3 team. Throw in CFB Matrix with a -1 coach and thats how you get to 9-4.

Depending on who doesn't leave early, this reasonably speaking should be a 10-2 team heading into Pullman next year. Easy schedule next year. Doesn't matter because Sark will win enough to keep his job. 9 this season, 10-4 next season then back down to 7 in 2015 and he won't be fired after that.

• The Pac 12 fucking sucks this year. AZ beat Oregon. AZ sucks. USC lost to WSU. WSU sucks. Stanford beat Oregon. Stanford lost to USC. They all fucking suck.

It's a fucking dreckfest.
  • unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    It's interesting, but it's still nonsense. Thank god the computers only comprise 1/3 of the BCS formula

Sagarin Headquarters, tweaking the (proprietary) formula on a weekly basis:

• mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    edited November 2013
    Sark and poolboy also have us highly ranked.

SRS, which is the best of these advanced metrics (according to DP206 who follows them religiously) has us at 19th.

Win out and we'll be top 15 in every metric which tells us we are a 10-3 team. Throw in CFB Matrix with a -1 coach and thats how you get to 9-4.

Depending on who doesn't leave early, this reasonably speaking should be a 10-2 team heading into Pullman next year. Easy schedule next year. Doesn't matter because Sark will win enough to keep his job. 9 this season, 10-4 next season then back down to 7 in 2015 and he won't be fired after that.

You really think Sark is going 6-3 / 7-2 in the PAC?