Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Man the table was sure set for UDUB to make the PO's this year

UW would have easily vaulted over tOSU and OU for the final spot in the playoffs if they had tripped over themselves and found ways to lose to UO and Cal.

The CFP clearly looks at both tOSU and OU as flawed but will reluctantly have to pick one of them in, because there is no one else .

Not sure you get a better scenario than UW had this year a talented Senior loaded team and the now the table has been perfectly set for PO selection. Like I have said before I really can't figure out what they really want other than AC domination, but I would think they at some point would have some regrets about the missed opportunity this year presented.

https://washingtonstate.forums.rivals.com/threads/man-the-table-was-sure-set-for-udub-to-make-the-pos-this-year.16507/

Comments

• PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622

ATBSJBS

What does this mean?

UW would have easily vaulted over tOSU and OU for the final spot in the playoffs if they had tripped over themselves and found ways to lose to UO and Cal.

The CFP clearly looks at both tOSU and OU as flawed but will reluctantly have to pick one of them in, because there is no one else .

Not sure you get a better scenario than UW had this year a talented Senior loaded team and the now the table has been perfectly set for PO selection. Like I have said before I really can't figure out what they really want other than AC domination, but I would think they at some point would have some regrets about the missed opportunity this year presented.

https://washingtonstate.forums.rivals.com/threads/man-the-table-was-sure-set-for-udub-to-make-the-pos-this-year.16507/

To be honset, I still agree with brian griese that UW did not have the ability to run the table after auburn. UW does not have the talent to be a playoff team. Too little depth and talent at DL, DE, BUCK and LB.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,737 Founders Club
    Passion said:

ATBSJBS

What does this mean?
    All that being said, Jake Browning sucks!
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Passion said:

To be honset, I still agree with brian griese that UW did not have the ability to run the table after auburn. UW does not have the talent to be a playoff team. Too little depth and talent at DL, DE, BUCK and LB.
    Too much Jake Browning. Too little talent at OL. Even great teams have spots where they aren’t incredible. The defense was fine.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,303
    We’ve known since August this isn’t a national championship team, why worry about a playoff invite? Teabag rosebowl has always been the best outcome.
    edited November 2018

Passion said:

Too much Jake Browning. Too little talent at OL. Even great teams have spots where they aren’t incredible. The defense was fine.
    Sorry. Defense was fine, but not good enough to be a playoff team. Football is about defense and ours was not a playoff defense in key games (auburn, oregon) this season.

Jake is not a playoff QB. We know that. That was also a problem.