Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Observation: Losses to Oregon and Cal didn't matter

All I'm saying is if we hadn't lost to Oregon and Cal, we'd be in the same position we're in now - playing for a spot in the Rose Bowl.

A 10-1 Washington would be ranked, at best, #6 and probably #7 right now with little shot of getting in to the CFP. Let that sink in.

Comments

• LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,785
    Wrong. UW was 7 going into Oregon and I believe 2 teams above them lost that weekend and a team that was right around them that could have jumped them also lost either that weekend or week after. UW would have been 3 or 4 without those losses. Probably 4 as ND would have jumped us.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,711 Swaye's Wigwam

All I'm saying is if we hadn't lost to Oregon and Cal, we'd be in the same position we're in now - playing for a spot in the Rose Bowl.

A 10-1 Washington would be ranked, at best, #6 and probably #7 right now with little shot of getting in to the CFP. Let that sink in.

So a loss today would've meant we'd go to the Fiesta or Peach bowl whereas a loss today means we go to the Holiday bowl.

Yeah, those losses didn't matter at all.
  • MammaJammaMammaJamma Member Posts: 193
    Two POS loses and we? can still win the North. Just win today dammit.