Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,441 Founders Club
    That's pretty bad. Trump gotta Trump
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,992 Founders Club
    Swaye said:

That was painful to watch. Still can't wait to vote for him again.

It's chinteresting how you and I probably agree on about 71% of the issues and yet I'll never vote for him ever. I'll write in put Sven in charge if I have to.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,853
    Swaye said:

In 2020 it'll be sexist and racist to not vote for Kamala Harris.

As a Mexican Canadian...I feel that I can be racist.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,947 Founders Club
    He isn't wrong. Well put!

MAGA!
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

It's chinteresting how you and I probably agree on about 71% of the issues and yet I'll never vote for him ever. I'll write in put Sven in charge if I have to.
    I've said it a million times...I am a single issue voter and only vote for people who support the 2nd Amendment, so that completely rules out the modern democratic party. which is sad. Dems have changed radically in the last 30 years. But, even independent of that, I would always vote for Trump because while he does a lot of dumb shit, he also does a lot of great shit, and I just like to watch shit burn.
    I'm pretty much the opposite of the single issue voter. ATBSJBS, I hope to see your collection of fine watches and fire arms some day.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

Swaye said:

I usually separate policy from the man. Trump is pro guns, lower taxes, open to weed, and for better border security.

I know the last one will make chicks like cirrhosisdawg have a manic attack. I’m not afraid of immigration, but you can’t do what Germany and Greece have done.

Trump is an insufferable, arrogant, simple minded, little man. However, I agree with more of Trumps policies than anybody on the left have proposed, That’s why he still gets my vote. I vote policy over the person.
    Problem is. Things like better border security. A wall doesn't help that. .

Lower taxes..... That vast majority went to corporations and the wealthy which doesn't help the middle class.

Pro weed...... Congress is bought off to much by pharmaceutical companies so Congress won't pass anything.

2A. I'm torn on this one. I do think we need better controls over guns. I don't believe in assault weapons bans but think there should be something in place to better manage them. Most shootings are from people who don't respect guns and haven't had proper training.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    Agree. Obama’s character void has been and continues to be corrosive to this country and the entire world.

Swaye said:

I usually separate policy from the man. Trump is pro guns, lower taxes, open to weed, and for better border security.

I know the last one will make chicks like cirrhosisdawg have a manic attack. I’m not afraid of immigration, but you can’t do what Germany and Greece have done.

Trump is an insufferable, arrogant, simple minded, little man. However, I agree with more of Trumps policies than anybody on the left have proposed, That’s why he still gets my vote. I vote policy over the person.
    Look, I can appreciate some version of Trumpism lite policy-wise as a necessary course correction to the strategic errors of Clinton/Bush/Obama. But I think we underestimate how corrosive it is to the body politic to have a man of such low character driving the ship. This reality show star as president thing which really started under Obama needs to die.
    Successful bidnessman turned reality star*

Anyways, it doesn't really matter what he did before he got the job. It matters that he is GREAT at his job.

Next you'll tell me that you prefer a career politician.
    PurpleJ said:

Swaye said:

Look, I can appreciate some version of Trumpism lite policy-wise as a necessary course correction to the strategic errors of Clinton/Bush/Obama. But I think we underestimate how corrosive it is to the body politic to have a man of such low character driving the ship. This reality show star as president thing which really started under Obama needs to die.

Anyways, it doesn't really matter what he did before he got the job. It matters that he is GREAT at his job.

He's not a successful bidness man. Smoke and mirrors man.

PurpleJ said:

Swaye said:

You'd piss all over yourself to be half as successful as Trump.
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Swaye said:

First thing I would do is find a decent tailor and a kick ass personal trainer.

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Swaye said:

So selfish! Trump is fat because he's willing to be the sacrificial cocoon of warmth during the apocalypse.
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Swaye said:

So selfish! Trump is fat because he's willing to be the sacrificial cocoon of warmth during the apocalypse.
    Not Fetters level warmth but he's definitely gonna save someone.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,948

Swaye said:

Didn't vote for Trump in 2016. Thought for certain that he was a New York Rat who would govern as such if he were elected. As a person, Trump is a fucking disaster, but as far as policy, he has been 85% a solid conservative. Since I long ago got over wanting a President or any politician to be my boyfriend I don't care that Trump is a train-wreck of a human. I care about what he is doing policy-wise. While he didn't get my vote in 2016 he will in 2020.

• CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    SFGbob said:

Swaye said:

Didn't vote for Trump in 2016. Thought for certain that he was a New York Rat who would govern as such if he were elected. As a person, Trump is a fucking disaster, but as far as policy, he has been 85% a solid conservative. Since I long ago got over wanting a President or any politician to be my boyfriend I don't care that Trump is a train-wreck of a human. I care about what he is doing policy-wise. While he didn't get my vote in 2016 he will in 2020.

A lot of unskilled, uneducated 50+ year old “working class” white males agree with you.

Not surprised.

Good luck in 2020 (trump voter demographics— cardio vascular disease, dementia, and inflation are wiping you out).

Lock her up! Mexico will pay for a border wall! Repeal and replace! I have an Obama care replacement plan!

Trumpanzees are gonna trumpanzee.