Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

HuskyFanPodcast: Oregon St Review, WSU Preview

http://traffic.libsyn.com/huskyfanpodcast/WSUpodcast.mp3

Lots of shoutouts, James calls for Damon Huard to be fired, Deonte Cooper's grapefruit nuts are discussed, 2014 expectations are covered, did I mention shoutouts?

Comments

• dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    for whoever hasn't listened to Damon before this is a quick summary.
    Constant whining whenever a call goes against UW.
    Cuts in the middle of Rondeau making annoying giddy noises or the player who made the play's name
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,293 Founders Club
    edited November 2013
    Good job guys. Couldn't agree more with the sentiments. The real problem here is that Sark doesn't prepare the team to bring it's A game week in and week out, and of course they reflect Sark in not dealing well with adversity. It's all about the guy in charge.

This is a good football team. I said it after the Stanford game, they can play with anyone, but won't, and didn't because of Sark. I still think if they lose to WSU, he's gone. That loss last year was inexcusable, if they do that again, it will reinforce the point that we have team that is seriously under performing because of the head coach.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Can't a brotha get a shout out?
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    Why are people talking like Sark not being fired is a foregone conclusion? Everyone -- including pool boy -- said 7-6 was not good enough for this year. We still have to beat a WSU team with a vastly superior coach and a decent road track record
  • chrisvashonchrisvashon Member Posts: 627
    snoop doogie doog is quite catchy.

and james is a future radio star.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,727
    edited November 2013
    Gladstone said:

Why are people talking like Sark not being fired is a foregone conclusion? Everyone -- including pool boy -- said 7-6 was not good enough for this year. We still have to beat a WSU team with a vastly superior coach and a decent road track record

Because beating OSU proves Sark belongs. Haven't you heard?

Check in with Fain.

• SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,293 Founders Club
    Gladstone said:

I agree with you, and think he will be gone after the Apple Cup if they blow that one again. If they win, I think things get fuzzier, even though they shouldn't. The take away from this season should be that the head coach held the team back. He's the weak link. This team under performs under his watch. Period and exclamation point.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Sark will be back. It's very wishful thinking to think there is even a chance he gets fired. Maybe two plungers in the last two games would do him in, but the blowout road win over Oregon State bought him a lot of goodwill. He's not going to get plungered by WSU, they aren't good enough. If UW loses, it will be a close game and the excuses are already available because WSU is a bowl eligible team.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,650
    Sark's coming back no matter what happens from here out. The only question is how big and long the extension will be.
    Is WSU wins he won't be fired...cougs laying out the script..the script is....."the cougs are pretty good"
    I meant doogs not cougs!!
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,662 Founders Club
    It stalled out about halfway through.
    Chest? Can you check in with Joe Kaiser about the audio issues? Let him know if he doesn't get it fixed he isn't getting his Turkey for Thanksgiving.....consider this a warning!
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    I listened and didn't notice any problems.
    I do not understand. Two weeks ago there was a general consensus that another 7-6 would spell doom for Sark, or at least make his hot seat reach nuclear levels. 7-6 is still very much a possibility but some are resigned to the fate that he will be back. Losing to fucking WSU at home would negate any win over dreckfest OSU and put us back staring 7-6 in the face.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Gladstone said:

I do not understand. Two weeks ago there was a general consensus that another 7-6 would spell doom for Sark, or at least make his hot seat reach nuclear levels. 7-6 is still very much a possibility but some are resigned to the fate that he will be back. Losing to fucking WSU at home would negate any win over dreckfest OSU and put us back staring 7-6 in the face.

He's not getting fired. You are letting what you want to happen cloud the reality of what will happen. Even if he loses to WSU, he will play a weak WAC or MWC team in the bowl game. This team feasts on shitty teams. 8-5 is progress. 7-6 would put him on the hot seat, but he's coming back.

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,650
    Gladstone said:

That was before Sark broke the plunger out of his ass and inserted it into Mike Morewithless Riley.

The road blowout but the pro Sark camp into overdrive. Even a loss to WSU won't completely reset that.

Also, he's not loosing at home to WSU.
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    Is there any NBA talk?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,107 Founders Club

Is there any NBA talk?

Nice double header last night. My Heat and My Clippers were crisp. The Knicks are really bad
    I am taking Woodward at face value, nothing more. If pool boy himself "obviously" expects better than 7-6, then a WSU loss should spell doom or near doo