Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sankey 2nd Team Pac-12 All-Academic...

Sankey is carrying a 3.18 in Communications. As a true junior, and very unlikely to graduate this year, might he stick around to graduate? There might be a slim chance.

pac-12.com/article/2013/11/26/pac-12-names-football-all-academic-teams

Comments

• Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,174
    He can come back and finish his degree after he destroys his body in the NFL. Each year he waits he is throwing away millions of dollars. Maybe he will make the mistake to come back but I won't hold my breath.

As you said, there might be a slim chance. Polk made the mistake of coming back, hurt his shoulder, and we saw what that did for him.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    Sankey would be a fucktard to stick around.

Somebody has to pay for Grandpa Sankey's eyes.

Plus ...

Rumor has it he won't be the starter next year if he does come back.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

Sankey is carrying a 3.18 in Communications. As a true junior, and very unlikely to graduate this year, might he stick around to graduate? There might be a slim chance.

pac-12.com/article/2013/11/26/pac-12-names-football-all-academic-teams

He's well spoken, but should leave so he can take care of his family. Plus running backs have a limited shelf life.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    edited November 2013
    Mad_Son said:

He can come back and finish his degree after he destroys his body in the NFL. Each year he waits he is throwing away millions of dollars. Maybe he will make the mistake to come back but I won't hold my breath.

As you said, there might be a slim chance. Polk made the mistake of coming back, hurt his shoulder, and we saw what that did for him.

Polk's shoulder had noting to do with him going undrafted.

HTH.
  • mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    Make him coach.
  • uw2010uw2010 Member Posts: 940
    “To be in a position to even consider going to the NFL is a blessing,” Chris Sankey said. “Of course, we want him to get his degree and he’s worked so hard at it. We really want him to get that degree.

“Then you put everything in perspective — what’s the right decision at the right time for him and his future? It’s kind of like one of those good predicaments to be in.”

“You never know,” Chris Sankey said. “You want to give 100 percent to finishing out the season, and he’s giving that to Coach Sark. After that, we’ll sit down with Coach Sark and see what his take is on everything. We haven’t really given it much thought. … Who knows? Maybe he wants to come back and make a run at the Rose Bowl.”

Link

At this point it sounds like he's definitely considering both options. As much as I love Sankey, unless he's sure this team can compete for a Rose Bowl (not happening under Sark), he really needs to just get to the NFL. His stock isn't going to be any higher. Sankey's probably my favorite Husky of the last decade, but he really needs to do what's best for him and his family. He can come back and finish his degree after the NFL or during the offseasons.
  • Haid_D_SalaamiHaid_D_Salaami Member Posts: 541
    Sankey is gone like yesterday. If he even thinks of coming back to the good ship Dreck, for another season, someone should throw him in front of a speeding bus...

....Before Sark and the doogs have a chance to throw him under it.
  • GlobalGlobal Member Posts: 333
    He should set two UW season records this Sunday against the Cougs, have a nice bowl game with BYU, then prepare for the NFL. We will miss him.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,650
    He's gone, as he should be
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,159
    I heard that Sankey was 100% to the pros before the OSU game but is now 50/50. Word is he thought Sark's brim beanie made him look like a really cool brah and wants to play for him again next year as long as he wears the brim beanie at least once
  • death2ducksdeath2ducks Member Posts: 991
    Good points all. It does sound like he's considering it. Maybe he should talk to Joe Steele instead of Sark?
  • RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    What exactly is a communications major? Does it involve Swahili, or was that just a Dawgfather thing back when Washington cared enough about football to cheat on academics?
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246

What exactly is a communications major? Does it involve Swahili, or was that just a Dawgfather thing back when Washington cared enough about football to cheat on academics?

I got my useless degree in it. It allowed me to live off of my G.I. Bill, pell grants (that I didn't pay back), and not work or study while partying like a maniac while coaching football and killing hookers.

A lot of it is public speaking, professional communication, etc. If you know how to talk to people and don't mind talking in front of people you get absolutely nothing out of it. As a privileged, private school white boy it was a waste of my time and your tax money. So, Thank You.