Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Dining and dashing

WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,701
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
Standard Supporter

As if this is my fault or Trump’s. Leftards are shocked that young blacks are at times viewed with suspicion by store managers. Ali’s subculture sure seems to embrace theft as a life style. Who knew. They also seem to know that playing the race card will be embraced by white leftards. Chipolte fired the manager even though they knew about Ali’s celebratory dine and dash treats.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2018/11/the-fine-art-of-dine-dash.php

THE FINE ART OF DINE & DASH

In the case of St. Paul Chipotle thief Masud Ali and his friends we see an extension of the culture of victimization. Ali and friends turned up this past Thursday at the Chipotle on Grand Avenue, in one of St. Paul’s nicest neighborhoods. Recognized by store manager Dominique Moran to be part of a group from the previous Tuesday that refused to pay for their meal, Moran asked Ali to show her the money before preparing their order this time around.

Ali and friends purported to take offense. Ali posted the video of his encounter on Twitter (below). The video went viral. See the full Twitter thread here.

Ali and friends alleged mistreatment by the Chipotle’s manager. “You’re stereotyping us,” one of the group told her. “I don’t like the stereotyping.”

“It sounded really racist — the way she said it was racist,” Ali told the Star Tribune. “She asked for proof of income as if I’m getting a loan.” Chipotle’s promptly fired Moran.

Ali, however, has developed this particular form of theft into an art. At one time he bragged about it. He called the art “dine and dash” in a tweet that he deleted before claiming sacred victim status and in other tweets that refer to his practice of the art. With respect to Ali’s illuminating tweets the St. Paul Pioneer Press notes: “Efforts to reach Ali for comment have been unsuccessful.”

After further review, Chipotle’s offered to reinstate Moran. She’s thinking about it.

The Daily Mail compiled the evidence in its accustomed style. It’s a big story that can serve as a case study. The Daily Mail story concludes on this now familiar note: “Ali, who records show is on probation for theft, did not reply to a request from the Miami Herald.”

Comments

• 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    What does this have to do with Trump and leftards?
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,919
    Standard Supporter
    edited November 2018
    These Somali immigrants have sure picked up quickly on the American left's victim mentality and how cry racism in order to excuse your own bad and often criminal behavior.

Have to love how quickly Chipotle caved to these scam artists and fired their employee. Way to have your workers backs Chipotle.
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

What does this have to do with Trump and leftards?

It represents quite nicely the left's victim mentality and the weaponization false allegations of racism in order to excuse bad behavior.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,483
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Criminals are gonna criminal. Unfortunately statistics are racist.
    Standard Supporter
    Here's an interesting thought. Would Chipotle have fired the woman if the thief had been white? I suspect not which if you think about it makes Chipotle the real racist here.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    SFGbob said:

Here's an interesting thought. Would Chipotle have fired the woman if the thief had been white? I suspect not which if you think about it makes Chipotle the real racist here.

Things racists say.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    How do you dine and dash at a “restaurant” where you pay before you get served?
    Standard Supporter
    When I take my kids to Chipotle they all order before me and have their food and are sitting down eating by the time I come along an pay for everyone's meal. Skip that last part and order the food to go I would guess.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    That's what I don't understand. Doesn't Chipotle take your money before giving you the food?
    Standard Supporter
    No, my kids have their food and are eating it before I come along and pay for it. If you asked for it to go and you just grabbed it and walked out that would also work. Your food is prepared and waiting for you when you pay for it.
    SFGbob said:

No, my kids have their food and are eating it before I come along and pay for it. If you asked for it to go and you just grabbed it and walked out that would also work. Your food is prepared and waiting for you when you pay for it.

It seems like an easy fix for them. Just leave the food on a counter behind the register until proper payment is received. It's HARD
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,483
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

Things racists say.

Standard Supporter
    Hondo thinks that any mention of race unless it is a denunciation of whites, specifically straight white older males, is racist. It's why he thought that meme about billionaires moving into public housing vacated by a black family was racist.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Huh? They make your shit then set it down right in front of you and ask to pay.

At that point you just grab it and run.

Have none of you fucksticks ever went to Chipotle or the other 20 places they do the same shit?
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    They sound poor
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

SFGbob said:

It seems like an easy fix for them. Just leave the food on a counter behind the register until proper payment is received. It's HARD
    Problem is they still have to make the order and then not get anything from it if/when they don’t pay. Sure I guess an employee could get a free lunch or something but the end result of them snatching the bag and running out is the same.

SFGbob said:

Problem is they still have to make the order and then not get anything from it if/when they don’t pay. Sure I guess an employee could get a free lunch or something but the end result of them snatching the bag and running out is the same.
    Yeah, but do you think somebody would do that after not getting a free meal? Is somebody really going to waste their time having chipotle make a burrito for the hell of it?
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,735
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

Things racists say.
    Fair question. For anyone with a brain. So of course you object to it, Hondo.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,382
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I dine and dashed one time back in high school, but I'm also a former criminal.