Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

HERE COME THE DAWGS!!!

Comments

• Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,540
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I recorded the 1992 Stanford game on our? Chinese Pac 12 channel and watched it today. All the young'uns here should watch that shit to see how Husky Stadium used to rock. I was at that game - I like to record as many as possible because some games were a little hazy although I did know if we won. This was the last game in the string of 22 in a row.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,464
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    jecornel said:

It's not the dawg fans of yesteryear. I am thankful that I was able to experience the glory days and when fans CARED. I had wished Myles could have been recognized by a full house but reality bites. Getting the right pictures of tailgates for Instagram profiles MATTERS, and with so many other things to do in Seattle these days. Students and fans scurried out quickly in the 4th quarter. Not me, I watched the clock hit all zeros. Like a few mentioned, the game was boring.

Because everyone knew this next game would be all that mattered by half time against Stanford.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    HuskyJW said:

Our fan base doesn't deserve a playoff caliber team. Simply put, we suck.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,572
    Standard Supporter
    haie said:

jecornel said:

It's not the dawg fans of yesteryear. I am thankful that I was able to experience the glory days and when fans CARED. I had wished Myles could have been recognized by a full house but reality bites. Getting the right pictures of tailgates for Instagram profiles MATTERS, and with so many other things to do in Seattle these days. Students and fans scurried out quickly in the 4th quarter. Not me, I watched the clock hit all zeros. Like a few mentioned, the game was boring.

Because everyone knew this next game would be all that mattered by half time against Stanford.
    I'm thankful for experiencing a good chunk of glory days. Greatest life memories.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    edited November 2018
    Seeing it most stadiums, not sure you can point to anything unique to UW that's causing it.

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2018
    At least half the people I saw were chatting with people around them, taking selfies and fucking around of their phone. Probably watching 10% of the game. Came late, left early.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Attendance issues have been a 20 year thing, but have really accelerated in the last 10 years. It's not about winning anymore since we are 19-1 last 3 years at home.

What happens in next 10 years when the 8-10k season ticket holder blue hairs stop going to games b/c they aren't around anymore?

The attendance trajectory were on, If it's not a rivalry/big game, we are going to be topping out at 50,000 people peak attendance and work backwords from there.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,572
    Standard Supporter
    alumni94 said:

I was a bit surprised that the #8 team in the country wasn't able to fill their high school sized stadium.

Agreed. Some claiming students on break hurt. Though Spokane drive is not terrible.
  • Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    jecornel said:

alumni94 said:

I was a bit surprised that the #8 team in the country wasn't able to fill their high school sized stadium.

Agreed. Some claiming students on break hurt. Though Spokane drive is not terrible.
    I would believe this more if it was only the student section that was low on attendance. Seemed to be sparse across the entire stadium.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,709
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    28-3 at the end of the 1st. Actually colder than most expected. Fans stated bailing early. Blame Seattle traffic.

I was actually pretty impressed at the crowd noise for many of the players.
  • Options
    BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited November 2018
    Did the north, sunny, warmer side, have more people?

If I was there I'd rather sit in the sun than sit in the shade.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,868
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Alexis said:

Was at ASU/UCLA last week. Stadium was half full. Never made noise until 30 seconds left. And that's with being able to buy beer there. It's not only a UW problem.

That being said (JBS) some reasons why UW will never get the crowd back:

The student population. UW years ago realized two things, the local jock who gets a 3.6 in HS and grew up watching UW no longer has the option of going to his dream school. He is now at CWU, or ASU. and

The local student who has the grades to come to UW, and will live here after graduation, thus purchasing season tickets down the road, is now pushed out by out of state enrollees who will head back to California, or South Dakota, or whatever hellhole they came from after graduation because their tuition looks alot better on the coffers. also

Asians don't care about foosball. and finally

The local grads who have enough money to purchase large groups of season tickets are tech nerds who wouldn't know what to do at a football game. Gone are the days when the car dealers and contractors would have 8 tyee tickets and give them to their clients, or their drunk ass salesmen or sub contractors who were just excited to get to go and get hammered on a Saturday.

This about sums it up. Fuck the world we live in.

The marketing team has to figure this shit out. If any of you have gone to a Sounders game, they’ve figured out their niche, how to market to them, keep them and they have an international level game day experience.

I don’t give a fuck if you don’t like soccer or don’t understand it, the Sounders marketing and game day team gets it, the Dawgs team doesn’t.

I promise you their are college teams somewhere that get it (not because they pay their players and win nattys every year) and through a little fucking research and effort, it could be mimicked doggy style.

And Jen, I know your reading this so 250k annual ought to cover it and I’ll start tomorrow. 🤣