Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

PM to Larry Scott (and one to Jen Cohen)

MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
edited November 2018 in Hardcore Husky Board
your stupid ass Pac12 Networks strategy failed failed failed you dumb shit because you never did the basic research on who your fucking audience is. You think people want to watch sports on their mobile devices via platforrms like Facebook, Apple, Amazon, Netflix, and Google (yep..."FAANG"), however, if you did 5 seconds of research you would know that Millenials can't sit through fucking 3.5 hour football games because they've all given themselves ADD, so...your core viewers are old, fat fuckers like us who want to watch games on our big, humungous fucking 80 inch 4K TVs...but you aren't on our big fucking 4k TVs. Go FAANG yourself Scott!

and Jen...the little PM in here to you is that the old, fat fuckers (read: us) can't sit through fucking 3.5 hour football games without some booze...so get that shit available inside the stadium.

(edit - forgot to add the link from twatters)

Comments

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,603 Standard Supporter
    And flash the puppies damnit.
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,110
    Fuck Larry Scott and all, but your 4K TV can play all of those platforms and it usually looks way better than cable.
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,110

Fuck Larry Scott and all, but your 4K TV can play all of those platforms and it usually looks way better than cable.

I have yet to watch a game on any of those platforms and get the experience I want: high res and an ability to easily pause the game and fast forward or rewind as needed.
    Fair point about the DVR. The upgrade in quality is still worth it to me though.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    my TV doesn't have Twatter or Yahoo or Facebook as far as I'm aware and my god watching ANYTHING on Youtube is a fucking chore with those little ads that pop up on the screen and make you work hard to find the correct x to close it as opposed to opening another window with that ad.
  • AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,101 Swaye's Wigwam
    and Jen...the little PM in here to you is that the old, fat fuckers (read: us) can't sit through fucking 3.5 hour football games without some booze...so get that shit available inside the stadium.

Was down at the Fighting Chipsters at the Fighting Herms last week. Didn't see Bitchfork. Was kind of nice being able to buy a 9 dollar beer anywhere in the stadium (rather than sneak in my free ones anywhere in Husky Stadium)
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,576 Founders Club
    I can't watch without a DVR anymore
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,448 Founders Club

I can't watch without a DNR anymore

Fixed that for you
  • doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,197 Swaye's Wigwam
    The streaming cable services (YouTube, Hulu, etc) have dvr.
  • JustWinNowJustWinNow Member Posts: 357
    I agree with Meek. If you need to stream. Fox or ESPN apps are fine but if you are streaming it's usually because life is happening and you have to watch on the go. But the perfect scenario is you watch from the comfort of your own home. But if "our" UW game is on the phuken China network now we feel like those poor souls in North Korea no pun intended. Well maybe just a little. That have to watch state run TV and can't see behind the curtain. So then I say hey to myself I will go to Dave and Buster's to a horrible child birthday party that is hell in it's self. But any way I go up to the bartender and say hey you have 999,999 TV's in this bitch no one is watching this UCLA Oregon trash can you put the Washington vs Stanford game on and he replies of course what channel is that on? I reply PAC 12 and he says wow we don't get fancy channels just the popular ones. They were showing Missouri vs who the phuck cares because it was on a regular channel that is widely available no one in southern California gives a rats anus about Missouri but it was on TV. We are not special enough to have our own channel that is hard to get. Time Warner Cable went basically bankrupt because they did the same thing with the Dodgers and Lakers networks. They made it difficult to get to watch the games in Los Angeles so guess what? the gave in! In Los Angeles they held the Phuken Dodgers and Lakers from the people and time Warner had to give in and now it's available to everyone and they had to sell time Warner Cable to some other gigantic steal your money company because they didn't give the core audience what they need. PAC 12 network = C-SPAN. C-SPAN is not extra or hard to find just hard to watch. know your core customers!!!! As far as no beer in the stadium that is weak sauce even the soft azz Bruins have beer at the Rose bowl. What kind of Mormon/Moron shizz is that? Heavenly Father loves you!
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186

I agree with Meek. If you need to stream. Fox or ESPN apps are fine but if you are streaming it's usually because life is happening and you have to watch on the go. But the perfect scenario is you watch from the comfort of your own home. But if "our" UW game is on the phuken China network now we feel like those poor souls in North Korea no pun intended. Well maybe just a little. That have to watch state run TV and can't see behind the curtain. So then I say hey to myself I will go to Dave and Buster's to a horrible child birthday party that is hell in it's self. But any way I go up to the bartender and say hey you have 999,999 TV's in this bitch no one is watching this UCLA Oregon trash can you put the Washington vs Stanford game on and he replies of course what channel is that on? I reply PAC 12 and he says wow we don't get fancy channels just the popular ones. They were showing Missouri vs who the phuck cares because it was on a regular channel that is widely available no one in southern California gives a rats anus about Missouri but it was on TV. We are not special enough to have our own channel that is hard to get. Time Warner Cable went basically bankrupt because they did the same thing with the Dodgers and Lakers networks. They made it difficult to get to watch the games in Los Angeles so guess what? the gave in! In Los Angeles they held the Phuken Dodgers and Lakers from the people and time Warner had to give in and now it's available to everyone and they had to sell time Warner Cable to some other gigantic steal your money company because they didn't give the core audience what they need. PAC 12 network = C-SPAN. C-SPAN is not extra or hard to find just hard to watch. know your core customers!!!! As far as no beer in the stadium that is weak sauce even the soft azz Bruins have beer at the Rose bowl. What kind of Mormon/Moron shizz is that? Heavenly Father loves you!

LEAVE!
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

You are part of the problem with this country
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031

and to specify, the problem is people with kids (and those fucking non-stop birthdays to attend every fucking saturday of the year - Pump It Up please die in a fire!), but yeah, we parents know that we're the problem already...we just want to record the only 3.5 hours of joy we get in a week so we can sneak a flask of liquor into the tv room on Saturday night and watch our? team play a football game. Why does Larry Scott make this so fucking difficult? Why is he intent on splitting a fucking atom with his network strategy instead of just handing out bread to the peasants? It shouldn't be this hard.

Obligatory.... It's hard.
  • CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986

OKAY!
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,603 Standard Supporter

Post more.

And have you completed the initiation protocol of showing us your tits? Or you're wife/girlfriends' tits if you're a dude.

• DeepDawgDeepDawg Member Posts: 544

This bored doesn't do well with large bodies of non-technically gifted writing. HTH.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    quite a paragraph you got going there
  • 89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,477 Swaye's Wigwam
    Meek said:

and to specify, the problem is people with kids (and those fucking non-stop birthdays to attend every fucking saturday of the year - Pump It Up please die in a fire!), but yeah, we parents know that we're the problem already...we just want to record the only 3.5 hours of joy we get in a week so we can sneak a flask of liquor into the tv room on Saturday night and watch our? team play a football game. Why does Larry Scott make this so fucking difficult? Why is he intent on splitting a fucking atom with his network strategy instead of just handing out bread to the peasants? It shouldn't be this hard.

Obligatory.... It's hard.
    Dish not allowed in the trailer park?